Page 290 of 765 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 7648

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 290

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Hasn't arrived yet. Apparently, it's due Monday. It IS the ring. He's going to get it resized at a local shop.

I had stuffed french toast with ricotta cheese, bananas, & strawberries this morning. Great local diner, new to us. Definitely will go back. It was nice to have a totally guilt-free cheat. I think I will incorporate them every few weeks, as long as my stomach will allow. I don't mind a little bloating because I know it'll be gone within a day or two.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So Exciting!

Nameless Wonders: History of piercings
    Eyebrow bling is back. I decided to write about my piercings. Whooooo.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Nameless Wonders: History of piercings
    Eyebrow bling is back. I decided to write about my piercings. Whooooo.
    ouch!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Yay on the ring! Isn't it great that he has the great taste to listen to you?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    ouch!
    Didn't hurt at all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Yay on the ring! Isn't it great that he has the great taste to listen to you?
    Yesss yessss, he knows me well. It's weird to talk to other people about how Boyfriend & I work and have them give me weird faces about it, or say, "I could never stand that!" I don't think people realize that it's rude, but if there's one thing I've learned in the past few months at least, it's that relationships can vary greatly and it's useless to try to understand someone else's. I wish people could just be happy for each other* and get their asses out of an agenda.

*things I need to work on...

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Yes, but if we did that, we'd have nothing whatsoever to tut tut and clutch pearls about. The horror!

http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Weekend: I basically had one large, glorious, cheat weekend. Yesterday, I had a quesadilla at our favorite burrito place. Their quesadilla's are grilled tortillas that are then loaded and rolled up like a burrito. As far as I know, they use butter for the grilling part, and I'm not going to question it. Anyway, they're delicious. I had a little pumpkin pie filling (made that sometime last week and haven't eaten much) in the evening, but didn't otherwise eat. My gut hurt a lot yesterday. It's a little better today and I think it might've been gas. I think I'll allow a weekend or two "off" here and there. It was very mentally relieving. I think I'm in a good mental state to be able to do it, though unfortunately, my gut doesn't like it.

Sleep: Went to bed late because I was stuck folding laundry. I need to ask Boyfriend to start doing that, since I'm taking care of the washing part. This means I need to plan the laundry better so there's time for him to fold before I go to bed, or we just plop it all on the other bed & he can blame himself for the wrinkles.

Food: Had 3 egg omelette this morning, with 3 sausages. Need to pick up some more meat and frozen veg this week. I want to get a chicken for the crock pot. Having that shredded meat in the fridge for lunches lasts us most of the week. Boyfriend can use it for stir fry if I make some rice. Okay, I'll get one tonight and cook it tomorrow. I also need to pick up eggs and bananas, and some fresh veggies. I haven't been thinking about the 36-hrs of low-FODMAPs food I need to eat at some point. I should plan that out. I don't know when I should call my doctor about the lab results. Maybe I'll check in this afternoon to see if they're available.

Supplements: When my eating goes off track, my Vitamin C and Inositol doses are not as effective. I find it interesting that the effect is so immediate. I might boost the Vitamin C a little today to get things moving again. I think I might switch back to Tyrosine 4 days a week instead of 3, to see if there's a noticeable difference. I've been feeling more anxious lately and I want to see if this helps make it a little more manageable.

Mood/brain: Boyfriend verbally acknowledged my hangover response this weekend, which felt good to me. It means he respects that it is a real issue and not just me whining unnecessarily. He was very patient when I exploded on him a few times. I had one beer Friday night and woke up with a headache. I had several more Saturday night, but took Ibuprofen after the first so I could keep drinking . I was very irritable when I woke up the next morning (both Sat & Sun), and spent the day feeling slow, groggy, and tired. I think it was worth it though. I had a good time. My brain did go a little more into a depressive state for the day, but I knew what it was and didn't "indulge" myself in darker thoughts.

Other: Boyfriend's brother, Chip (his actual nickname, but it's anonymous enough for the internet, I suppose; it comes from "chip off the old block" because he looks absurdly like their dad), seems pretty cool. I am really nervous around him. I knew he and Boyfriend would get along, but I was worried that I wouldn't get along with him. I don't really do well around new people in general, so it's not unusual, but apparently he thinks I don't like him. I guess I want to impress him, so he doesn't just think I'm his little brother's (he's 9 years older) stupid girlfriend. Also... I find him a bit attractive. He looks a lot like Boyfriend (major differences being eyes [Chip has their dad's, Boyfriend has his mom's] and weight [Chip has a bit of a belly]). I just keep reminding myself "He's no Boyfriend." I feel embarrassed for feeling this way. There's no way I would ever act on the attraction and I know it'll pass. I'm just trying to balance "nervous because you're attractive" and "nervous because you're my soon-to-be-fiance's big brother & I want us to get along" and not make the former part obvious =\ (fortunately, those two responses are pretty much the same for me, as far as other people can tell; unfortunately, Boyfriend & Chip are a lot alike in personality & interests). It was pretty awkward when both Boyfriend & I could tell that my sister was attracted to Boyfriend for a little while. She acted like a teenage girl with a crush.

Apparently, Chip is an ordained Dudeist priest . He could totally officiate our wedding (provided that the county we are married in recognizes Dudeism).

Good: Boyfriend & I talked again about babies and some future plans. I feel less anxious about it. Hormones seem to be calming down, maybe due to talking about it, but probably also from reducing to just 1 Vitex a day. My libido has been much improved lately .

I have Vitamin Shoppe coupons to use. I think I will use them on a new crystal deodorant stone (dropped mine, kinda awkward to use it with the edges all jagged), more Vitex, and some tea.

Bad: We messed up and I need to pick up a Plan B pill tonight. It's been a long time since we had to. I hate messing with my hormones like that, but the risk of the alternative is not worth it.

I was hoping not to spend any more on unnecessaries this month after my splurge this weekend (eyebrow, eating out multiple times, came in around $100, which isn't so bad I suppose), but my jeans are threadbare in the bottoms. I think I might go to Kohl's and try on some Levi's, then buy them online when I know what fit/size I like/am. It's time for me to invest in some long-lasting clothing. I can get by without new shirts for a little while longer (anything that doesn't need ironing), but they are starting to look a bit messy. My favorite long-sleeved shirt from the Gap has an oil spot on it .

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    About the oil spot on the shirt. I have successfully removed many oil spots, even after they have been dried, by putting Dawn dishwashing liquid on it, letting it sit for a bit then laundering it. Give it a try before you give up on your favorite shirt.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.