Page 285 of 766 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 7654

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 285

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I can't wear my ring either. It's too big. As such, I put it on my old dogtag chain and wear it around my neck.

My wife's engagment ring looks nothing like an engagement ring at all. So much so that people turned their noses up at it since it was not a diamond and didn't cost me an arm and a leg. That said, it is the one she wanted and I appreciate a woman who doesn't require me to prove my love in dollar amounts. She wears it on her right hand and her wedding ring on the left as they would not go together on one finger. Sooooo...yeah, get the one you love. If you are anything like me you will lose it 3 times anyway (well, hopefully not, but I learned after a while to go cheap since I would lose it anyway).
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    My mom's from the North and she wears both on the left ring finger.

Wasn't it that you wore it as an engagement ring on your right hand (once upon a time) and moved it to the left upon marriage? Or am I confusing them with the rules with claddaghs?
    Yeah, maybe I'm just thinking of something like that. I thought the other hand was involved. Just posing it as an option in case I couldn't wear both rings simultaneously.

I do love the set, but this ring...It's so cool. NK has seen it. I will share pics (assuming I pick this one) once it's on my finger .

Daily update incoming!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Busy morning, hoping to stretch it out all day. It's going to feel like a long day to me because I got in 90 minutes later than usual. I hate staying past 5PM. It's hard to believe I used to struggle to get in before 10AM and now I'm consistently in at 8!

Doctor's appointment: I got really nervous, but I requested full thyroid (not sure if it's going to be free T3 and T4, or just T3 and T4, but it's better than nothing) & D testing. He's also testing iodine! The results from that lab work should be in next week (didn't eat so I was able to give fasted blood). We talked a little about sugar tolerance. I said that fruit doesn't seem to bother me, but high concentrations or too much or refined sugar does. Such as the multitude of dates I've been eating. I got a little acne & a headache from those. 29g per date, and I ate at least 4! Crazy. Anyway, he asked if I'd increased the Inositol up to 3 teaspoons. Oops! I forgot about increasing that one! I just refilled it (powder form instead of capsules) so I'll be starting with 1/4 teaspoon twice a day (total of 1500mg) and increasing from there. He also had me take home a mail-in breath kit to test for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). I need to call my insurance to find out about coverage. If they don't cover it, I have to pre-pay for the test at $135. I'm going to try increasing the Inositol for a few days before I think about doing that test. The test requires avoiding certain foods for a few days prior. Most of it is non-paleo, but there are also things like bananas, apples, and cruciferous veg, so it will take some planning. I guess they're trying to ensure that you don't feed the bacteria so the test is clear. I think I remember reading about someone here taking this test.

Supplements: Along with increasing the Inositol, I will be taking a B-complex with my first meal of the day. I also stocked up up my multi vitamin and Vitamin D, so those will also be a morning supplement as well. I told the doctor about taking HCL. The hope with increasing Inositol is that it will help bowel function (thus reducing Vitamin C dose) and allow me to decrease 5-HTP (doc said he'd like that to be around 100mg), since it helps with serotonin production or absorption or something like that. And then, you know, hopefully I heal & decrease everything.

Sleep: Slept well. Got to bed a little late because I was fussing around the apartment.

Food: My chicken stoup was good. The mushrooms gave it an interesting flavor. I'm glad I've gotten this stew/stoup thing down, but I definitely need to find new recipes to try. Next week's food goal is a new soup! I need to pick up an onion on my way home so I can stir up some peppers & onions. I forgot to defrost meat, so I'm going to have to quick defrost in a water bath when I get home. Maybe I'll have some rice with dinner. Before dinner last night, I had a banana, and two gala apples sliced up & nuked with cinnamon. They lost a lot of flavor in the microwave. I don't think they'd make good applesauce either. Lunch today is leftover chicken stoup, banana, and apple. Dear lord, I hope I wake up with an appetite tomorrow! I don't like being ravenous after work because I wasn't hungry for breakfast.

Body: My hands are achy today. I suppose it could be from the chicken? Seems pretty out of the blue. I've been eating chicken with no issues lately, even with the skin. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Bloating is going down. Woot.

Brain: Feeling pretty good today.

I had a nice little chat with my sister yesterday on Facebook. I guess she's working on going off her psych meds (Lexapro & Wellbutrin). She said she's doing pretty well, but I worry, with her not getting much protein from her vegan diet.

BTW, I tried a quinoa "oatmeal" from Whole Foods over the weekend. I wanted something cereal-like, and thought warm oatmeal would do the trick (but oatmeal gives me heartburn). I should've warmed it up more and added some coconut milk to make it a bit mushier, but overall, it was meh. Didn't like the texture that much. Paleo cereal takes a lot of work to put together (and is mostly comprised of things I probably won't digest), but I'm still craving something crunchy that I can drown in some nice cold almond or rice milk as the occasional treat/snack.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Rings:
    I think I posted pics of my set before.

My "engagement" ring. I use engagement very loosely there because although husband bought me a ring, and may have intended it as some sort of engagement, he did not actually ask me to marry him at the time he gave it to me as a gift(and in fact never actually really "asked" me to marry him at all), and thus the intention was not exactly clear. He gave it to me right before going away for a couple of months TDY, I took it to mean that he simply wanted to impress on me that things were now "serious" and he wanted us to really be together, committed and all of that, despite his absence. (Note: his former fiance cheated on him while he was TDY during wedding planning.)

That ring is an emerald with diamond accents. It was bought from another airmen who bought it to propose to his gf, and was turned down. LOL. It's in my jewelry box.

Husband picked out my wedding band on his own.
    It's a slim white gold band channel set with diamonds about half way around...

Matches the "wedding set", single ring that looks like two rings, that I inherited from a family member perfectly.
    It's a white gold set... navy blue sapphire with diamonds on each side, then a small diamond band attached. It's old. Great grandmother old. When I got it the band was paper thin from wear... and had been cut because she never took it off even though her husband died nearly an entire lifetime ago.
    I wear it every day. I want that kid of love to rub off on me.

For our tenth anniversary husband asked me for suggestions. I choose a right hand anniversary band with a center row of dark sapphires, though it is hard to find them as good a navy as my old ring, to match the wedding set, and two rows of diamonds (one on each side, the same as how I wear my wedding band with other ring stacked.)
    I choose that because as messed up as I am... I honestly never thought I'd make it to married 10 years still HAPPY. And here I am at 14...
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-08-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Okay one more note on names....... how 'bout: Tre', Justy and Rafe (my neices kids). Then for my husbands nephew there is: Boe, Sinai (Sinaye), Cooper and Cearra (Sea air a). Whats wrong with these people?

I love the new hair color! very exciting!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Cori, they all sound gorgeous. Love sapphire. Always thought I'd want something that's not a diamond, but have not seen a single ring that's spoken to me that had a colored stone.

This art deco ring is the one. I emailed Boyfriend. I'm throwing all doubts to the wind and just saying yes to it. That is sometimes how I have to make decisions, even important ones! I love it, I'm really excited. He might be able to afford it for next month. I don't think we'd make Valentine's Day, but that's fine by me. I just want him healthy & not in any MORE debt. My Christmas is going to be a couple months late .

I love that this ring is old. It is the kind of ring I'd want to pass on to a child, if I take care of it. I briefly considered looking at Baba's rings so I could resize one of hers (I don't think she would mind, but it would ruin the engagement surprise). That would require planning a trip up, and neither car is up for a long journey right now, and keeping my fingers crossed that I actually like one there. Would be awkward if I didn't want one of them after all! I know she's planning on giving her rings to us when she dies anyway. She talks about it nearly every time I see her. Baba has always told me that June's birthstone is pearl (though it's not a stone) and likes to give me pearl jewelry. I thought about having pearl ring, but I don't think it would stand the test of wearing-it-every-friggin-day.

Health stuff: had very mild heartburn before eating lunch. I don't think my stomach acid likes missing meals. Worse burn after lunch. Maybe I drank tea too soon after eating? Having some gastrointestinal upset, in the form of sharp pains in weird places in my ribs (sometimes it's in my chest). Someone once told me that feeling is indigestion, but I don't know what the pain actually stems from. I forgot to mention that I could not use the neti pot this morning. I got an instant intense headache when I tried to tilt my head & lavage the nasal passages (say it with a posh British accent). Started choking & coughing. Just wasn't happening. I think the water wasn't warm enough or I was just being crazy. I have a mild cough today. Will have more Kill Everything tea in a bit.

When I get home, if I'm hungry, I'm going to have the rest of the lamb stew (which is mostly broth) while I figure out what to defrost for dinner. Maybe tonight would be a good pancakes night (for Boyfriend).

Pancakes tonight! Woot! I have just enough dairy/soy/gluten-free chocolate chips left for my coconut flour pancakes. AND I got coconut milk over the weekend.

Things I'm reading/thinking about:
    -Colostrum (as a supplement)
    -Threelac/Fivelac (and other "miracle cures" for candida overgrowths and such)
    -FODMAPs (need to come up with a 36 hr meal plan before the SIBO test, going out for sushi with friends on Friday night so might plan it for the weekend & mail it next week)
    -36 hrs means post-dinner through a whole day of meals, plus a few hours in the morning for the test, which involves drinking some kind of sugar solution every 30 minutes for 3 hours
    -Which means just 3 meals to figure out, so not bad at all.
    -Do I have the $135 for the test right now or should I wait till the 18th when I get paid again?
    -March is a 3 paycheck month. I should be able to stuff a little into savings then. Woohoo!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I know I shouldn't say this because I'm sure to offend someone, but what is up with this thing that parents are doing to their poor kids - giving them normal names with weird spellings? Like Jaxson instead of Jackson and Jaiyson instead of Jason and Mykall instead of Michael. Why would someone do that to a poor defenseless infant? Why is this considered desirable? And why do people give their children names that sound like they should belong to the family pet? Okay, I'm officially a curmudgeon now, and my rant is over.
    One of my daughter has a name where I chose the spelling. She loves it and everyone else seems to love it too.

I did it because when I was pregnant with my first child I thought I might have twins so chose 2 names- both starting with the same letter. When I got pregnant again I still liked the unused named from the first time. When I found out I WAS having twins I didn't want one child to feel left out by not having the same first initial. I found a name I/we liked but hated the spelling as it seemed masculine to me. Thus "my" spelling that seems more feminine.

This was after I always said I wouldn't give my children unusual names. I hated, as a child, not being able to find things-cups, bike license plates, etc., with my name on it.

BTW-- I'm not offended at all.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Well threelac and fivelac will certainly make you go.

I lost my wedding band in FL this summer, so I am getting a new one for our 20th next Nov. I want an Irish trinity band.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    My child is called a unique name with a traditional spelling as chosen by his father (I got to decide his middle name, with agreement from both parents on the other's choice): Rook. It works out okay for him so far and he really likes it, but if he wants to change it when he's older, he's only five, I will not be offended. Left to my own devices, I would have chosen an unusual, but traditional, name...Odin and Tobias were on my list, if I remember rightly.

Husband proposed on the morning of the wedding (*cough* visa wedding *cough*) with a ring he had commissioned made out of white gold with an emerald he had found himself - a visit to a mine, I believe. I rarely wear it as the stone is easily chipped.

I second the sentiment that the marriage/relationship is more important than the wedding/hoopla.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!