Page 284 of 748 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 7479

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 284

phigment is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My name is so common that half the time I don't answer to it thinking they are calling someone else. Lisa Ann. Why does it seem like most of the lisa's out there are either Ann or Marie. For a brief moment in work history I used the name Lisann. At work there are 3 of us and there is a code that cashiers are suppose to use. Have yiu seen Lisa. Look inside always. Most if them don't get it and say overthere. My mom is a baker. She nevet told me if she was teased. I guess I'll havr to ask.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I also don't get that "let's saddle this kid with a name that will be forever misspelled because I can't spell" trend. THe one that gets me is the parents that pick a place on a map and then butcher the spelling. What did poor little PahRee or D'kohta ever do to you? Hey look, two of my other ways to hate a parent in an instant. Can you imagine being the kid in kindergarten trying to learn to write your name and the basic alphabet isn't enough? "Sorry D'Kohta, PahRee, you failed the unit on name spelling because we don't teach kindergarteners punctuation or incorrect capitalization, but thanks for playing."
    I was the kid that had to spell my name every. Freaking. Time. My first name because of all the variations of Jennifer running around, and my maiden name because it was loosely French ("with an 'e', not an 'a'.")
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It took me 24 years to get used to my given name. I only started using it 2 years ago when I started working after college. Technically, Tasha is a diminutive of a diminutive (Natalia > Natasha > Tasha). Nobody EVER called me Natasha.

Speaking of which, I need to bug that guy at work about calling me Nat, once again. It makes me cringe. I can't stand the way it sounds.

Oh and it's really funny to be around the Russians at work now. I've never had people misspell my name with the Russian spelling. Natalya instead of Natalia (which is probably a more Anglicized spelling).

Re: rings - The art deco ring is large enough that I'm not sure it would be possible to wear with another ring. The shape of it probably does not allow for a ring to be made to make it a custom set, either (anyone good with jewelry? will send a link if someone can look at the dimensions listed & tell me if a small band might fit below it). The set appeals to me more because I know I wouldn't have to stop wearing my engagement ring (feels silly to wear it for a few years at most, then not at all). The art deco ring is just too cool to pass up. I'm leaning more towards that one today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I don't know that you consider it an option, but the art deco one might allow for a split wedding band, where it looks like two rings attached at the bottom and the engagement ring goes in the middle. With that, you could just do plain silver or channel set on both sides.
    Then again, the idea of not wearing my engagement ring after I got married never crossed my mind. I didn't realize that was a thing. Mine's not a matching set (not even the same color metal), but that really doesn't bug me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I don't know that you consider it an option, but the art deco one might allow for a split wedding band, where it looks like two rings attached at the bottom and the engagement ring goes in the middle. With that, you could just do plain silver or channel set on both sides.
    Then again, the idea of not wearing my engagement ring after I got married never crossed my mind. I didn't realize that was a thing. Mine's not a matching set (not even the same color metal), but that really doesn't bug me.
    I didn't think about a split band, but I have seen that in my searching. It'd end up a bit bigger than I think I'd like to wear, but it's an option. Of course, I could just get the ring that I love, love, love right now, and deal with the "after" later . I would not be able to wear my engagement ring on my right hand, as it's a 1/2 size larger than the left. I don't think I want to pass this ring up. It's probably one of a kind.

The dimensions list:
    RING FACE 19X8.3MM
    RISE ABOVE FINGER 6.5MM
    BAND WIDTH 3.2MM TAPERING TO .7MM
    I'll whip out my tape measure tonight so I can compare this to rings I have and see how it would look on my finger/if there seems to be room for a slim band underneath.

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I just didn't notice it growing up. My mom has a simple gold band as her wedding ring and never wore her engagement ring. I don't remember seeing it on my friends' mom's either. Maybe it's a regional thing? Maybe my experience is abnormal, haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Honest-to-god names of customers I've helped:

Barnwell (he was 26, and not a III)
    Tisis Lanae
    Chase Hunt (Really?)
    Fona Fae
    Cristian Pagan

My favorite of all time? Kittie Moll. She was, like, 70.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Get the one you love. There are no consequences if you get the one that you adore, so long as Boyfriend doesn't go into hock doing it.
    I didn't realize you wore it on the right hand. I always wore/wear mine on the wedding finger (left hand.) Then again, down here most women wear both on the same finger, with the wedding ring closest to the palm. Southern vs. Northern things, I guess.
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    My mom's from the North and she wears both on the left ring finger.

Wasn't it that you wore it as an engagement ring on your right hand (once upon a time) and moved it to the left upon marriage? Or am I confusing them with the rules with claddaghs?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I think that's claddaghs. I remember seeing stuff about working around the engagement ring during the ring part of the ceremony while I was involved in planning my ceremony (all 5 minutes of it.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Ring shopping! How exciting.

I sweated my ring so hard, bc the hubs has always had financial issues so I didn't get mine until 2 months prior to the wedding. Then I gained a lot of weight and outgrew it within 2 years. Now I wear a fake band I picked off some fantasyjewelrybox.com site.

I always remember my gal pal saying after the ring and the wedding is the marriage. So I don't feel too bad I can't fit into my rings atm, since I'm a kickass wife!

You will be too!