Page 282 of 766 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 7654

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 282

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I don't really like the look of bezelled rings. Most pronged rings are too prominent for my tastes, though some I find tolerable. Pronged would not really be in the way for my work, unless I carry something stupidly.

Boyfriend wants a tungsten ring for his wedding band. I'm getting him a spinning ring as a joke after I get my engagement ring.

I've been looking on etsy for rings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yesterday, I had it narrowed down to two rings. One is part of a set (so it means I'm picking my wedding ring right now too, has an antique diamond & is kind of floral), the other is solo (art deco style, made in 1930s). Then today I opened some of the rings I bookmarked yesterday and one of them is speaking to me. It's solo (band is kind of knobby like branches, has a little leaf next to the small conflict-free diamond), but there is a matching band (looks like a couple layers of branches) that you can buy. Grarrrrr. I've always wanted a ring that is more earthy (I mean aesthetically, the conflict-free/antique stuff is just a plus), but the art deco ring is REALLY cool. The filigree reminds me of a ring I used to wear everyday in high school, until it broke twice & I lost it when it was set aside for a second repair. I would not be able to wear it with a wedding band. I need to decide if I want a set or wear them separately. I didn't even know sets were a thing until I saw Boyfriend's married sister's rings worn together. Apparently it's pretty popular common now. The people I saw married growing up were all my parents' age, or at least 30 or so, and their bands were all worn solo. The ring set that I like also reminds me of that ring from high school for its V-like shape. The lost ring looked like a little V-shaped tiara that I wore upside-down.

Sleep: Went to bed a little late last night because I was dyeing my hair purple. Got up at 6:30 AM, just a bit groggy. Wasted time on the computer instead of eating.

Food: I had a total of one beer this weekend (half a beer Saturday and Sunday night). It was enjoyable, but I can't drink anymore than that or I get a headache. I went into scrounge mode again and felt like a loser for it. I have so much time on the weekend to eat well, and instead I ate Medjool dates until I had a headache. There's a lot of sugar in those! They are so tasty. The lamb stew (used turnips for a starch, they were pre-cut at the grocery store, the whole ones felt suspiciously squishy) came out good. Lamb gets so gloriously soft. Boyfriend was uncertain about it, he's not used to lamb. More for me! I forgot to put red wine in it. I wonder how that would've changed the flavor. I tried to make steaks last night, but it was too cold in the apartment for them to warm sufficiently & then cook through. I even tossed them in the oven at 350*F for a little while. Mine was medium-rare, Boyfriend's was barely medium. It's been a while since I've made steaks and I'm a little out of practice at making his more cooked. Tonight, I think I'll make chicken soup with mushrooms (just have to pick some up).

Body: I stopped taking Maca root because it was making my hands ache. Anybody want some Maca root? PM me and I'll send you information on the bottles I have (one is opened, the other is still sealed). Just a few bucks to pay for shipping and they're yours! I completely stopped moving this weekend. Just some laundry hauling, but no stretching or bodyweight exercises. Life goes on. I needed a lazy weekend. I have a little bloat from the beer last night, but I can still see the line going down the center of my stomach (at least, I can see it at the top) that indicates ab definition. I'll submit some vanity photos once I'm happy with the results.

Supplements: So, no more Maca root, and I'm dropping back to 2 Vitex daily (morning & evening) instead of 2 in AM and 1 in PM. I don't know why, just felt like it was the right thing to do. I bought Pau D'Arco tea & brought it to work. It was effective before for YI symptoms so I thought I'd go through another box and see how/if it helps for digestion. That will help rule out bacterial issues in my gut. I also brought some makings for Kill Everything tea. I'm not feeling weirdly tired anymore, so I think it helped to wipe out whatever crud I might've been fighting off.

Brain: I have felt a bit anxious lately, but feel that I am also able to work through it. I can usually calm myself down or successfully distract myself. I have also been successful and talking to Boyfriend about my anxieties. I get so nervous about how he might respond, and it always goes well.

Doctor's appointment tomorrow. Maybe it will be a waste of time. Maybe my gut just needs a long time to heal & for me to stay very strict with my diet (which would mean no more occasional beer). Quelsen said he did the vitamin C protocol I'm following and it took him 6+ months to get to 500mg per dose, I think. I figure I can ask them to test B12, ferritin, and D if they can do the thyroid blood-work in the lab. Those would be good things to know. Anything else?

Other: Boyfriend and I talked about baby names because I was suddenly thinking about it a couple nights ago. He said he wants a Junior. His dad is a junior (and his brother & brother's son have the same as well, it's an awesome name). I don't really get the Junior thing. I wouldn't want my daughter to have my name. I understand passing on family names (my dad's middle name is his dad's name, my brother's middle name is my dad's name), but identical names? Then again, I am still mostly known by my nickname, so a Natalia wouldn't be so bad. There's the added benefit of a variety of nicknames stemming from my name (though I strongly dislike "Nat"), but Boyfriend calls me nearly all of them. He's the only person I can enjoy calling me Talia. I also like my middle name a lot, especially with Natalia. Natalia Vera just sounds really lovely to me, though it wasn't until recently that I felt like it suited me.

I've spent my whole life telling people my name and having to spell it since it lacks an "e" that is in the more common spelling. I've always hated that. Also never liked my middle name, which is also my dad's middle name. So what did we name boy-child #1? A name that is more commonly spelled with an "e" but we left it out and my middle name that I never liked. If I had to endure it, you will too son, it'll build character. You're welcome.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Hahaha, you jerk . I also don't want a potential mini-me to suffer from being called Natalie. That has been a huge grievance of mine. Just READ the name, dammit! It ends in an "a"!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Nameless, you have a great name. Booter, you are a jerk

I'm glad I never spawned as my ex and I could never agree on names. I like names that are distinct. She liked names like Kenny and Steve. Screw that. I have one of the most common names in the world. It is annoying as shit when someone says, "Hey John/Jon!" and six people look. Also, at restaurants, "What name is the reservation under? John? Oh, um...yeah, which of the three are you?" Pick a distinct name that doesn't sound lame. As for the junior thing, yeah, I don't get it either but if it makes boy friend happy eh, what is the harm?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Geek is a junior, and I'll be damned if we'll have a [Geek]III.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goofy photo, sorry, I know. Yes, I've been living in my Ravenclaw scarf lately. This is the new hairs. It's a blend of Manic Panic Midnight Blue, Special Effects Pimpin' Purple, and some pink. I think it was Beyond the Zone Raspberry Kamikaze (the pink I've been using for the past few months). Because of the pink in the blend and underneath, the highlights are a nice bright pink. There are a few patches that I was kind of light with the dye, but I don't think it's too noticeable/odd-looking. I'm looking forward to seeing how it fades out! It's much darker than I intended, but I don't mind. Makes my eyes look really blue, which is weird, since wearing purple usually makes my eyes look green.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Ah, Ravenclaw, home to my favorite HP character. I like the hair, and anytime you get to use the term 'Pimpin' Purple' in a sentence is total win.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Lamb stew for lunch today. I've only had one bag of Pau D'Arco tea today, but one of those things helped with my digestion a lot. I'm doing some research on GAPS-compliant soups & meals so I can try to incorporate some of those throughout the week, just in case.

I think we'll have pancakes for dinner sometime this week so I can use up the rest of the coconut flour at last. Now that we have a sifter, I can get rid of those clumps! I'll also make some applesauce (but not canning it, just to eat for the week).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, Ravenclaw, home to my favorite HP character. I like the hair, and anytime you get to use the term 'Pimpin' Purple' in a sentence is total win.
    May I ask, which character? I'm guessing Luna, because she should be everyone's favorite.

I have to say I really like Tonks, though I think the reason is obvious (see hair).