Page 281 of 797 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 281

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We were planning to wait until January (note: long distance relationship for 18 months, I moved to Oregon in June) - but I was getting impatient!!! His parents decided they needed one more mission trip to India - his dad was marrying us - so, one day he comes to my apartment and says "how 'bout October 13?" (another note: he hadn't even formally proposed yet) - I said "for what?" ........... he said "to get married" - I said "okay". We had 5 weeks to put together the affair. It was very casual - but there is still tons to do!

bottom line........... picking the date is almost always based on 50 outside forces causing you to pick the date that works best for everyone involved. Its not the date that matters anyway......... get married when its convenient - celebrate your anniversary whenever the heck you want!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I'm feeling a bit achy and run down again. I have to get groceries tonight to make stew tomorrow. I wish I could go home now and take a pre-shopping nap. Just a couple more hours to slough through. My throat hurts. I should probably use the neti pot again tonight to keep the crud clear.

I think Boyfriend made it to work, based on his infrequent texting? Doctor said he can walk with the crutches in 2 weeks, so no surgery yet. I think that means he keeps doing what he's doing, which is staying off of it and keeping it protected in the aircast. I am going to dab tea tree oil on the foot for him twice a day, when he airs it out, to see if we can speed up the healing from the fungus he contracted (probably athlete's foot).

What do turnips taste like? Thinking of putting those in the lamb stew instead of any kind of potato. It's going to be the usual stew mix: carrots, onions, celery, plus meat, garlic, water, & homemade bone broth. I want to drink more bone broth in general, but it's a fair amount of effort for not much product.

Other weekend plans: give Boyfriend his decorated jar (finished it last weekend), do some laundry, relaaxxxxx.

BTW, this is the shirt he got me for Christmas. The small fits just fine, thankfully (hopefully it won't shrink in the wash, I need the space in the shoulders). It's a play on Monty Python's "Holy Grail" and the game Fallout 3.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I forget how we set the date. Once the priest got past our shacking up and we offered our sincerest remorse (!), we got down to when the church would be available and Mrs. FW liked the idea of a fall wedding and I dutifully was in Yes, dear mode.

*Note: Learning Yes, Dear mode did not in any way help with the 72-hour skullfork that was sitting down with the flower designer lady with then fiance. I remain steadfast in my recollection that it was indeed 72 straight hours of torturous discussion of lillies and alstroemeria and carnations and pink and purple and peuce and ... blood shooting in geysers directly from my eye sockets and froth billowing from my gullet, screaming for mercy, wishing I had an arsenic capsule sewn into a secret compartment of my collar ... Mrs. FW says it was like 45 minutes and I totally exaggerate. You be the judge. I still have flashbacks when I pass flower stores. I get twitchy when I see the Burpee seed catalog arrive in February. I see bridesmaids carrying bouquets at weddings and I emit involuntary growls.

I don't understand the flower phenomenon. I'd like to have an outdoor wedding so there's plenty of excuse for no decorations. "Enjoy the scenery, city-folk!"

Or, you know, just really simple. If indoors, and very small guest list, I can imagine it in my grandma's living room, in front of the bay windows. I don't care about decorations. I just want to look purty.

Thanksgiving afternoon light.

Or outdoors, very sheltered/shadowed, where they used to grow some corn. Beyond that last tree (to the right) in the open area. It kind of squares off back there. In the woods behind there is a slightly cleared area we call our "park". We took down tiny trees and cleared lots of lower branches so you can wander in between them. You can see the swamp through here in the spring time.

Sorry for huge photos.

I myself do not want to carry anything. Or maybe a sunflower or single rose for fidgety hands.

Outdoors weddings are pretty cool.

The thing with the flowers is... I was fine with anything, it wasn't my thang, I wanted it to be over. This would be akin to me and some buddies talking fantasy football for 45 minutes with Mrs. FW as captive audience. Some gender roles are really hard freakin' wired right in there.

Boyfriend could have a long discussion about soccer that I would mostly understand, though not share his passion. He understands my gripes on technical ineptitude because he is close to my level in skill. He admires my interest in crafts/DIY projects, and has even attempted some sewing himself (my Christmas stocking, our first Christmas together). I glaze over when he rants about League of Legends (not my kind of game, I don't like PvP). Unfortunately, he and M love playing it together, so they often end up talking about the game when we're together and I zone out. Fortunately, we share a love for some other games! I don't think we have any major interest contrasts. He does not enjoy Amanda Palmer's music, but I like all his music at least a little (even Rise Against, though that's probably my least favorite).

I like flowers, but don't have an eye for decor or anything like that. If any matching is required, I'll enlist my fairy godfather. Boyfriend can put together a nice outfit for himself. I...try.

We've been joking lately about having absurdly themed weddings. I don't think we will, but it's fun. A Knight's Tale themed wedding would be awesome. Lots of Queen & Bowie.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    In regards to setting our wedding date, the Mr and I ended up picking May 17th as our wedding date. Number 1: it fell on a Saturday, numbers 2 & 3: The 18th was his grandmothers birthday and the 17th was my dad's birthday. We figured that between those 2 dates being familial birthdays, it would work out. The Mr. always says I'm forgetful about dates and that's why we picked it. I technically could have cared less about the date. I just picked a date that seemed to make the Mr. happy. Just wait for the day you guys have to pick children's names. That is a PITA.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We chose Nov 26th, day after TG to catch all the family in town.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I wasn't going to check in this weekend, but I just need to say this: picking an engagement ring is HARD. I'd found a few styles that I like, but now that I look at them, I'm realizing that I wasn't thinking about them very seriously. I don't think I'd want to wear these for a long time. I also think I'd rather have a solo engagement and wedding ring. Maybe I'd wear them together, but I don't want to get a set. Just not liking a lot of the styles I'm seeing. I'm not a classic simple diamond girl. I think I'd rather have a precious stone of some sort. I asked Boyfriend and he said I should just pick out one I like & send him a link/tell him where to go. He said that price just dictates how long I have to wait. That limits the complexity of the ring, as I don't want to skimp on quality. White gold would probably stand up better than silver. Platinum is way out of the price range.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you looked at tungsten carbide? My sterling silver ring has taken a hell of a beating and still stands up pretty well. Then again, my stone is bezeled as opposed to pronged, so that helps with how much abuse it can take. Gold is actually softer than silver, so silver will take more abuse.
    Mine wasn't a set. We got one at one fair and his and my wedding bands as a set at another fair. I'd say look at some of the more off the charted path places online, as opposed to Zales and all them.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome