Page 280 of 679 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 6782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 280

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Heh- just finished a documentary about the tax system. Didja know that the income tax was instituted to fund a war? Both times.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    FUCK ME... mine went down $36 a pay period... Any leeway we felt we had is now gone...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah, thanks for protecting the payroll tax holiday for the middle class, fuckos.

Luckily, the cost of living keeps going down, right?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Yeah, thanks for protecting the payroll tax holiday for the middle class, fuckos.

Luckily, the cost of living keeps going down, right?
    Oh, it is going down. That must be why they keep freezing our cost of living raises. At least they didn't start taking out more for social security and other such programs that will be broke before I get old enough to use them. Oh wait...

edit - to clarify, yes, I know cost of living is not going down.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm very lucky. I dropped my FSA this year so my paycheck is only down by $2 from where it was last year. I was expecting $30 more, so it's not a huge hit, but disappointing.

Big sighs all around.

Married folk: how did you decide on a wedding date? I have been thinking about it idly two ways: one where we focus on when during the year we want our anniversary to be (I like having it roughly on the Winter Solstice/it would be convenient to keep the original date), the other is deciding when we want our wedding to be, but that has a lot of factors to consider (how many people/if we elope/where etc.).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    We chose our date based on what type of wedding we wanted. We wanted either spring or fall... spring doesn't work for our hobbies (racing starts in the spring), so we chose fall. Once we chose fall, we looked at November, but the date we wanted was already occupied by some acquaintances and our family would want to attend both weddings. So, then we went two weeks prior to that, but the photographer we wanted was already booked that day. To go one week later than that put us getting married on my mom and dad's anniversary, and since they're divorced, we chose not to do that and went one week earlier than when we had decided to get married.

So to clarify, originally, we wanted November 5. But, friends getting married that day, so we picked Oct 22... Photographer booked, looked at October 29... nope. Bad juju day... so went with October 15.

The day was less important to us b/c our official "dating anniversary" was December 20. Too cold. And our wedding was completely dictated by the race season after that. Brad finished racing that year 1 week prior to the wedding.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    The way the court house works here is you have to call a week ahead and they tell you what day you can come (assuming they can fit you in). So we called for months and finally they said, "Yeah, come on Friday" so we got married June 3rd. Our anniversary is April 1st as that is the day we met, and it is more important than the random date we actually got married officially.

It seems to me the biggest factor of when is weather. If it is outside - don't do it in the rainy season. If you get tons of snow you might want to do summer or some such. Personally, I'd just get it done. The less hassle the better. Nothing like a wedding to fuck up a nice wedding day.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Personally, I'd just get it done. The less hassle the better. Nothing like a wedding to fuck up a nice wedding day.
    Haha, yes, I agree. There are a lot of factors involved, if we had the ceremony in Maine like we'd thought. Maine is important to me and it's important that my grandma be able to easily attend. We thought about having it on her property. Of course, that means finding just the right time to avoid the bugs (I don't know if citronella torches would be enough for the black flies up there) or the cold. Or we have it indoors. Budget is a factor, and we won't know about that until the engagement is "official" and we can inquire about parental assistance.

I'm leaning more and more towards eloping, having a mini vacation, and holding a reception/party later. Very little stress for anxiety-prone me and lots of fun, with a huge focus on US, which is how it should be.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My wife told me what day I was getting married. How she decided is a mystery.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Honestly? We knew we wanted it outside, which ruled out all but midspring and fall (You're pretty stupid if you get married outside in a Texas summer.) Since Geek's allergies are the worst in the spring, we decided to get married in the fall, which meant only October and November. We refused to get married on Halloween (too many people who'll use any excuse for a costume) or in November (Thanksgiving and birthdays.) The ranch I wanted to use only had Halloween and the weekend before available, so we got married on the 24th.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome