Page 278 of 678 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 6775

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 278

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I am not good with resolutions. I make them, I feel inspired, and then I run from them. I think a lot of people experience this. I'm hesitant to make it a resolution to get my A+ certification this year, but it seems like a good goal. I should be able to afford it within a couple of months if I consciously set aside money for the study text & exam fees. It'd be cool to get it before May, before my annual review (2 years with the company), but I won't set myself any deadlines. No pressure, just need to look into it and start reading.

Last night was great. I had lots of fun at Medieval Manor. We were with a big party, lots of Boyfriend's family's friends. Afterwards, Boyfriend's mom & godmother (well, basically, she fills the same kind of role that my godfather does for me as a non-related uncle) were fairly drunk and insistent that I come over to bond with them, so we went over to his parents' house & hung out for a bit. Then I dragged my drunk-ass Boyfriend home. Yes, I did make him crutch two blocks + one street as punishment for making me fight him to not go out into Boston, on crutches, with his brother, who is new to town, without prior planning.

He thanked me in the morning .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Happy New Year! Here's to wonderful things happening for you and boyfriend in the coming year!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Thanks, Tomi! Happy New Year!

How to Beat Sugar Cravings with Glutamine | Food Renegade
    This link is especially for Jenn & Paula. It references Julia Ross, who wrote The Mood Cure, which is the book I base my mood support supplementation off of.

Oh my word, it is COLD out! I don't think we're getting over freezing today. It's getting down to 9*F tonight! Stay safe, people! I'm sure it's cold elsewhere, too! It was about 12*F when I got up at 6:30 this morning. I woke up slightly chilled under the blankets this morning, so I may bring the space heater for us tonight.

Sleep: I read for a bit in bed last night (need a reading lamp, I hate getting out of bed to switch off the light), starting just after 9:30 PM, so I'm not sure when I went to sleep. Boyfriend slept with me, but didn't sleep well, despite being exhausted (probably because of the aircast, if he doesn't wear it to sleep, his foot is swollen in the AM). I think I woke up around 6AM, when the heat turns on. I am thinking about trying to wake up without an alarm, since I know I regularly wake up before it. I've spent my whole life waiting for it to go off, so I'm afraid I'll just stay in bed, or stay in bed too long, if I don't use one. I'm not sure how would be best to test this. I don't use an alarm on weekends, but I usually sleep in. I guess I will have to try getting up when I first wake up on weekends, and then doing that during the week, but leave the alarm on just in case. If I have extra time, I'll just have to exercise!

Food: Yesterday was a wheat-free day, and the day before was too, now that I think about it. All of the cookies are gone, Boyfriend polished off the chocolate chip cookies yesterday. We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican place last night and I had steak picado, which comes with refried beans (my favorite kind), guacamole, & "Spanish rice". I avoided the beans in the rice & the cheese on the refried beans, but otherwise ate everything. I felt VERY full afterwards. I find that eating things like beans and rice tends to mess up my satiety signals. I knew I was probably full, but it was so tasty, I kept eating. No harm done. I don't have much of a lunch today, just snack stuff (banana, apple, celery sticks with almond butter, and I brought the almond butter to have with the fruit). I don't really want sardines, so I guess I'm just snacking for lunch today =\. I'm defrosting some meat for lunches today, so I should be okay for the rest of the week. I need to go out to get turnips, more celery, carrots, and garlic for lamb stew. The recipes I'm finding online say to add wine. I have a bottle that my supervisor gave me for the Holidays (everyone on the IT team got one), I'll use some of that & give the rest to my parents. Maybe I'll have a small glass. I had a mild hangover yesterday (slight headache) from having the equivalent of 1.5 beers at NYE dinner, over several hours & with plenty of food.

Body: Shark week arrived right on time. I think the last two cycles have been a few days late, so that was relieving. I hope that means the Vitex really is helping. In the past, I've always been very regular. Without wheat for the past few days, my knees have been fine, but I feel stiff. I might be stretching a couple of times a day for the next few days. The beans last night probably didn't help that! I've been congested & had a sore throat for the past couple of days, probably from the less than stellar food. I didn't use the neti pot yesterday, but did this morning. It helped for a little while, but now I feel congested again. I'm sure tomorrow will be better. I just read an article that says to use a full pot per side. I've only been using one pot for my nose, switching sides every 10 seconds or so till it's used up. I think I will use it again tonight. I'm experiencing some water retention, probably just from my period.

Supplements: Taking HCL mid-way through the meal last night seemed to mitigate any bloating or gas (my stomach was slightly distended after eating, but it didn't feel like bloating from gas). I took a partial capsule with breakfast this morning. I am still at 200mg of 5-HTP and I think I'm happy with that. I'm really glad that I was able to reduce the dose successfully. I will stay here for a while, maybe even for a full month, before trying to reduce again. I'm at a rounded teaspoon of vitamin C every day. I had to go up a bit (from a level teaspoon to a rounded teaspoon, which probably makes it 1 1/4) during Christmas week. I hope with my usual diet back in place, I can decrease it soon.

I see the gut doctor next Tuesday. I will ask about thyroid testing.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    $1500 for a 2br in the shape that it's in, with two parking spots, and no rental agency fees, is a REALLY lucky find.
    I can't believe the inflation rate among areas. Where we live, we have 5 city lots with a 3 bedroom house, full basement (basement spans the full length of the house with 9 foot ceilings) and an attached 2 car garage. We pay $1168 for the house (and 3 lots) and $216 for the two additional lots we bought to prevent them from being sold to someone else, someone we could potentially not like. This amount includes the $3000 we pay in property taxes every year, so our actual house payment is only $948 plus the $216 for the two extra lots. I am floored that you are paying $1500 a month for a 2 br drafty apartment. Seems criminal, actually. You should move to Wilton. You can get a brand spanking new 2 br apartment with a 1 stall garage and additional parking space for $650. I'd LOVE to have you living down the street, so when you and Boyfriend decide it's time to start moving about the country, consider my town!! You could even score a job at the Arsenal with your IT background pretty easily.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

olsonm67 is offline Junior Member
    Tasha,
    Still love reading your Blog. I am studying for my Security+ and I have plenty of sample on-line study guides for A+ that I can forward to you.

Oh, and the weather is the same so you'd be spared the adjustment.

PS, we dropped to -4* overnight. Brrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by olsonm67 View Post
    Tasha,
    Still love reading your Blog. I am studying for my Security+ and I have plenty of sample on-line study guides for A+ that I can forward to you.
    I would love to read anything you've got! Shoot me a PM. I may see if I can download full study guides. I might actually have one that someone gave me a few years ago in PDF form, just have to hunt through my external hard drive.

Jenn, I don't think I could ever live that far from a coast! I don't go to the ocean often, but I like knowing it's there and it's an option to visit if I want to. I could probably get used to lakes, but I don't know if I'd want to. I love salty air. As long as my pay rate wouldn't decrease too much, I'd be fine with living in a cheaper area for a while so we can save up some.

Hey, thanks for the link regarding L-Glutamine. I'll toss it in my purse and keep it handy. I've got a bottle at home that I've never cracked b/c I didn't know how to do it. Now I do. Thank you.

I hope it helps. I totally forgot about mine, hiding in the cupboard. I might start using it in the morning & evenings again. I got the dose wrong before (used 1/4 teaspoon instead of 1, mixed it up with a different powdered supplement) so I don't think it did anything. I hope it will help with my GI issues.

New Year, New You: Making 2013 Your Best Year Yet | Mark's Daily Apple
    Did you guys read this?! More PrimalCons and maybe a cruise?! This is so cool. I'm really happy to be a part of this community. While I doubt I could afford to attend any of these things anytime soon, it's fun to dream.

PrimalCon New York
    Boyfriend asked me to get him an anti-fungal spray for his foot, and his aircast (he went to his annual today, so he must've asked about it). I'm going to get him a fresh Ace bandage too, because this one hasn't been washed yet! That will probably help .

We have tea tree oil. I'm considering mixing some in a bit of coconut oil (melt it, mix in the drops, pour in small tupperware?) & giving that to him to rub on before he wraps his foot in the morning, post-shower. Maybe I'll just look for something "natural" at Whole Foods. He hates the smell of vinegar, otherwise I'd have him soak his foot in ACV & warm water. I'll have to get a spray for the boot anyway.

Grocery list
    -apple cider vinegar
    -carrots, turnips, celery
    -bacon
    -apples, pomegranates
    -potatoes & sweet potatoes
    -some kind of natural anti-fungal for Boyfriend's foot?
    -anti-fungal spray for aircast
    -new bandage