Page 275 of 776 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 7753

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 275

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think her advice was to purchase the smallest dose you could, build up from there by taking multiple if needed, cut back to what is just under the "warmth" dose, and then buy the dose you need in later purchases.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Yes, that would've been the smart thing to do .

I am making moccasins out of old jeans right now. It is exciting. I forgot how much I love the pain of crouching over sewing projects on the floor. I'M NOT KIDDING.

Damn, I need an awl.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Finished the gingerbread cookies (2). My acne is healing up quite quickly. Glad I know a rough limit. I think gingerbread has less sugar than other cookies? I also had applesauce & the rest of the peppermint bark (not much) while waiting for Boyfriend to get home. We ordered out & watched the Doctor Who Christmas special (really good!). I got some kind of spicy curry (with coconut milk & avocado). It hurt my stomach a lot! No more spicy things for me, for now. Could've been from the coconut milk, though.

I took the HCL right before eating last night. Because of the pain from the curry, I don't know if I felt any "burning". I'm about to go make eggs and will take it right before eating again (will have more applesauce on the side). You're only supposed to take it with a complete meal (carbs/fat/protein), but ESPECIALLY if there's protein.

Today, I do laundry. Excited to wash my new (snowflake) flannel sheets. Then Les Mis with my fairy godfather. $6 movie tickets rock.

Boyfriend needs my ring size again (lost it when he reformatted his computer). I confirmed that the "big gift" is the ring.

We had a productive chat last night, kind of out of the blue, about babies. Apparently, we're completely on the same page right now. We agreed on a schedule of "not even considering it till he's in his last semester at least". I think that will keep us from making any rash decisions.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Always good to be on the same page with such important decisions!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sleep: New flannel sheets on the bed, I slept really well last night. I went to sleep a little late because I stayed up to read. The cat stayed by my feet all night. Boyfriend slept in the other room and unfortunately didn't sleep well. I drove him to work this morning so I can pick him up earlier than he usually gets out. Hopefully we will get to our New Year's Eve thing before they shut the doors!

Food: Boyfriend and I have been blowing my "anniversary date" budget on ordering out, seeing movies, and eating out with friends. I let him know this and we're both happy with that decision. We ate out at a local brewery Saturday night (I had a beer with my salmon & taters, really delicious winter ale), saw Django Unchained (loved it), and drove REALLY SLOWLY back home afterwards. We could not convince our friend to stay the night, but he made it home okay (caught the last train). Yesterday, Boyfriend and I stayed in nearly all day. We ordered out and had burgers and fries from a local pizza joint. I had to go out to grab some groceries and pick up laundry from my parents' house. Using the Stop & Shop card, plus 2 or 3 coupons, a $68 bill became $38. How rad is that? Tonight is dinner at Medieval Manor. We pay for all the courses, so there's bread, sauceless "pizza", "dragon soup" (some kind of veg soup with tomatoes and celery and some kind of greenery), chicken quarter, and ribs. Since it's New Year's Eve, I imagine the show and/or dinner will be something a bit different than usual. We also have an absurd number of tokens we can use to refill the drink pitchers with cheap beer (a "light" and "dark", some American brew that tastes the same). We'll see how I feel, but I'll probably have a bit of everything.

I wrote in NK's journal about this. I've been more zen about wheat consumption lately. I seem to have found a good balance so I don't feel stressed about eating "badly". It's all food, some of it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not really being "bad", it's just that the food has a negative impact on my moods & sometimes body. It's a choice.

I bought a new tea (Yogi brand) yesterday. Some "detox" tea. I figured it can't hurt. It's interesting.

Mood/brain: I've been a bit swingy lately, could be PMS, but it's probably from the wheat. On weekends, it's not a huge deal as long as nobody distracts me while I'm driving (if I get nervous/excited, it's hard for me to pay attention to the road). During the week, it's a bit more problematic because I can get pissy with co-workers or stressed out about doing stuff on my own in the evenings. I still feel like I'm managing it well. I'm very aware of my moods and finding it easier to take a breath or a break before I do/say something I'll regret.

Body: If I take the HCL before a meal with wheat or alcohol, I feel a little nauseous after eating, but don't bloat up. I busted out 15 body squats last night, and 8 assisted push-ups. I haven't been doing them lately, so that was really unexpected! My abs have still been visible, off and on. I didn't use the neti pot yesterday and I'm suffering for it today. I may use it again tonight because I can't stop fiddling with my nose when there's gunk in it! I really don't want it to start bleeding at work!

Supplements: I don't feel like the Tyrosine is factoring into my moods right now, so I'm switching from MWF off, to only taking it MWF. If that goes well, I'll cut it out entirely for a while. I tapped out a bit of the HCL from my capsule this morning because my breakfast is fairly small (3 eggs and a bowl of applesauce) and I feel fine, no nausea, so I think I need a smaller dose. I placed an order on Vitacost today (multi vitamin, B-complex, Vit C powder, Vit D in drops, Inositol).

Snow Saturday night:

It was really beautiful. A tripod and long exposure is the only way you could really capture that in a photo. Our land lady has the driveway plowed, so we didn't have to clear any snow except off the car. I will have to unbury the Mustang at some point, but it's iced over now, so that'll have to wait!

More things!

From dinner out on Saturday. This is a pretty typical photo for us . You can kind of tell how flushed my face is from that one beer. I had plenty of carbs with dinner (fries and mashed potatoes), then we saw Django, which is nearly 3 hrs long, so I had plenty of time to sober up for the snowy drive home. Anyway, the booze took me by surprise. I have not been drinking hardly at all for the past 3-4 months. Well, hardly at all this year, really, since I struggled so much with candida for the first 6 months, at least!

You can also kind of tell how vibrant my hair is! It's been about 3 weeks since I last dyed it. A few spots are totally blonde again (where the water hits most when I shower, probably, also where it gets the most greasy at the crown). I was too lazy to refresh it before tonight. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. Pink or purple? Or I could do a purple chunk again and the rest pink. I've only been washing once a week and it's been behaving VERY nicely since my last bleach job. The texture looks and feels totally fine between washes. My scalp is still kind of flaky though. I think a different kind of brush that lets me massage my scalp more would help.

Talking about wedding things, Boyfriend just wants to say "I do", no vows or repetition or anything. We've been saying plenty of "sweet nothings" lately that I am okay with this. I think I might try to convince him to say it a few times (answering a few vow questions), rather than just once, or maybe "I will". I want our vows to be identical, too.

Funny pic! That street light is VERY bright! haha As I was reading the text above it, I wanted to put my hand out to block the light! Craziness.

YAY for rings! And yay for baby talk that is easily agreed upon. I was in my last semester for my bachelors when I got pregnant with Makenna. It worked out very well. Got pregnant in August, had her in April (almost May). It worked out nicely.

At this point, I doubt we'd be ready for babies by next Spring. Right now, even if he stayed at his job, we wouldn't be able to afford to care for a child, nor do we have the time to care for one! I imagine once Boyfriend is settled in a good job and when/if I/we are earning a bit more money (so if we had to switch apartments, a rent increase wouldn't ruin us), we'll try. I also, of course, want to be as healthy as possible and fairly fit.

I told him early on that I want to be married before we have a baby. I'm just old-fashioned like that, I guess. He said if we had a baby sooner, he'd just have to marry me sooner . I think he'd be an excellent dad.

I think you are being very wise about it. Having a baby is a huge game changer. Gone are the days when Brad and I can just decide to do something on a whim. I'd LOVE to go get a massage whenever I feel like it, but it's more complicated now.

And daycare is INCREDIBLY expensive! $125 a week is what I will pay SIL to watch my daughter. Luckily, Brady is in school. When he wasn't, I was paying $245 a week for child care. $245!! That is a LOT of money.

So, I definitely think you're being smart. And there's really no hurry. Gone are the days when we have to have kids in our early 20's. I was 27 before I had Brady, and 30 before Makenna was born.

What did you think of Django?