Page 272 of 784 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372772 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 7835

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 272

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sounds like a lovely idea.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I had a funny thought. I was imaging shooing Boyfriend from the kitchen tomorrow night
    Holy cow ----- I had to read that FOUR times before I got shooing....... because my eyes were seeing SHOOTING! ........ oh man, calm down heart rate!!!

I think its "shewing" ........... but I'm not spell check

I love the pizza idea and I think you should do it - a little romantic comedy is good for a relationship.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shooing = to shoo, make someone go away with a wave of arms and saying "shoo".

To shew is to establish the validity of something.

We're having pizza tonight because Boyfriend wants to snuggle & called off dinner with M, so I'm heading out shortly to hunt down DiGiorno's for him and gluten-free crust frozen pizza for me (which means two grocery store trips, unless I just get a regular frozen pizza at Whole Foods for him too).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    like I said - I'm not spell check. I didn't know "shew" meant that^ .......... very interesting. I will have to find a way to use that in a conversation!

have fun tonight............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Anniversary dinner was fun. I found matches, but didn't light candles (not enough, I like to see when I'm eating). The gluten-free pizza I bought (Udi's?) was meh. Next time, I'll buy a dough mix (regular for him and gluten-free for me) or just try another brand. The crust was so sharp, it cut my mouth. Then I burned the roof of my mouth on the sauce. This ALWAYS happens when I eat pizza. It still hurts a little, two days later. It was a pretty bad burn. We cuddled, caught up on Castle, watched some Supernatural, and ate a new ice cream I found (Maine-made). He didn't like the chocolate one with peanuts (it tasted like the ice cream base was chocolate peanut butter, completed mixed, and it was a little weird), but the vanilla with caramel and almonds was delicious. I was only able to eat a little.

Yesterday, we had a friend over and prepped Boyfriend's gingerbread dough. I am going to be in charge of cutting out custom shapes for his niece and nephews, then some lewd designs ("dickerdoodles"), then a few Christmas tree or people shapes with cookie cutters. He had me get some Hershey's Kisses to make thumbprint cookies, but all of those recipes call for peanut butter so I'm not sure if we're going to wing it with a different recipe, or go out and get peanut butter.

I've got some persistent light acne. If I took a day off from my indulgent eating, I'm sure it would go away. I made some gluten-free (from a Bob's Red Mill mix, used coconut oil) and vegan (applesauce instead of egg) brownies. Very dense and fudge-y. Boyfriend said, "if I couldn't have a regular brownie, I would eat these." I have them in the fridge and am hoping to make them last until Christmas Day so my sister can try one!

I've been trying to eat plenty/extra for the past couple of days. At first, I could not eat more than usual and felt really full when I tried (and was eating less as a result). Yesterday, I could not get enough food! Breakfast was 1/2 avocado and 3 egg omelette. Lunch was two bowls (a large portion) of leftover chicken soup with parsnips. Dinner was 12 rolls of maki (my usual amount). I think I had a banana at some point. It wasn't until a couple hours after eating the maki that I felt REALLY full. I had a brownie or two, as well.

I'm now taking 2 capsules of Vitex, twice a day. I think it has really helped to increase my energy. It feels like how the Maca Root does. I feel clear-headed and happy.

Cookies....

Cookies everywhere!

Merry Christmas.

Loot: 2 new sets of sheets for the queen-sized bed (snowflake laden flannel and polka-dot cotton), faux-suede cover for the couch, Pyrex pie dish, silicone basting brush, a poster, a disappearing-Tardis mug, sexy shoes (which I am hobbling around in today), moccasin patterns, $25 Amazon gift card, a wool Ravenclaw scarf (official HP paraphernalia)... uh... I think that's it? Probably some odds and ends somewhere in there. I'm looking forward to moving some art work around at the apartment to make a spot for the poster.

Boyfriend & I made a LOT of cookies. Gingerbread, snickerdoodle, peanut butter blossom, and chocolate chip. I bought some Christmas tins at a local Dollar Store & we packed them up in tissue paper for his family & some friends. I shared some with my folks as well as the gluten-free vegan brownies I made. I was very happy to hear that my parents were going to enjoy my applesauce with pork chops for Christmas dinner (I hope it was good). Boyfriend was too wiped out to deal with dinner, so the ham is hanging out until New Year's Day (if he has it off) or an upcoming weekend. It's "uncured", from Trader Joe's, which means it'll last for a while because they use celery salt and it's not really uncured at all. The sell-by date is Valentine's Day, so we'll be good for a while, but I'll be making mashed potatoes and green beans this week, since those won't last.

Warning: inappropriate cookies ahead. Penis cookies are inspired by Penny Arcade's dickerdoodle competition (don't Google, NSFW). Boyfriend's family has a great sense of humor. Boyfriend and I have cookies in our likeness (top left corner, I think). Look for the cast. I spent an hour with my family, then the rest of the day with Boyfriend and his family. His youngest nephew finally likes me again (those kids tend to fall in love with me, it's awesome). He is really bright for almost 18 months, but not talking yet. You can also see the custom cookies I made for Boyfriend's niece and nephews.

Boyfriend liked the jars I got for him (from my grandma's basement, just needed rubber rings from the hardware store) for storing baking stuff. My crafty gift for him failed miserably (etching compound didn't work, stencil wasn't adhered enough to use paint), so it will be late, but he didn't have anything for me yet anyway. So far, I've given him a sifter, 3 smallish (20-30oz I'd say) glass jars for baking supplies, a bag of Rolos (for his stocking) and two long-sleeved thermal shirts. He doesn't like shopping with other people when it's for me (he can't drive himself right now), so he's ordering some things, and we'll have a mini Christmas sometime within the next few weeks, all for me . He felt bad that he didn't have anything for me, was feeling sick, broken etc., but I had a really great day and made sure to mention it to him several times.

Less than a week till we go out with his family for New Year's Eve (so excited for this!) and I get another day off. Less than a week and a half until we find out if he needs surgery for his broken foot. Fingers crossed.

Sleep: Sleep was inconsistent over the long weekend, but I had a great time. Back to the usual schedule this week. I lounged in bed until 7AM this morning, but got to work on time since I didn't need to prepare lunch (finishing off the chicken & onions from the crock pot last week) or wash dishes.

Food: I ate plenty of cookies over the weekend (all homemade, all delicious). I found that if I took the HCL with Pepsin at the start of a meal, my acne didn't progress and I didn't suffer from much stomach upset. It helps with the side effects of dairy consumption (gets it out instead of building pressure). I'm actually quite proud that I made royal icing from scratch, and the gingerbread cookies came out perfectly, even though the dough was overworked.

Symptoms: I'm finding that the heartburn is worst between meals. I'm going to bring some HCL with me to work so I can try a capsule before each meal, consistently, for a few days at least, so I know if it's really helping. If not, I'll stop taking it entirely and see if the heartburn resolves itself. I'm hesitant to go to the doctor because there are just so many variables. I'm afraid I won't be able to stick to my guns and demand any kind of testing to figure out what is going on with me.

Body: Apparently, all the carbs or some combination of...something made my body lean out. My abs have been visible all weekend. I'm mystified. I have not been feeling really great though. I've been feeling kind of weakened. I thought I was getting sick yesterday (Boyfriend has a cold), but I think it's just because I skipped my neti pot. I feel fine this morning. I think I just need to eat well and keep doing my exercises and all will be well. Except for my stupid GI issues, of course.

Mood: Very good! I've been slightly irritable when stressed (the copious amounts of baking got me a bit cranky, but all I had to do was take a break and I was fine again), but otherwise, not anxious, and very happy.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-26-2012 at 06:51 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Glad you had a good Christmas! Yeah, something about Christmas made my body want to let go of what it'd been holding, so my work pants fit much more comfortably.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mine are too friggin' loose! The solution is clear: I must gain muscle.

Or start eating a LOT more and try to plump up. Both are a lot of effort. Maybe I'll just live in ill-fitting clothing for a while.

I am kind of worried about the loss. What if this is just a result of my GI issues? I should see the doctor. I'm calling now. Damn. Finally talked myself into it (scheduled for morning of January 8th).

Gross alert: BTW, I burnt the roof of my mouth so badly last Friday on the pizza sauce (always happens to me) that the skin (flesh?) peeled off in places and it was still sore a few days later. Spitting out my toothpaste this morning, I could feel the sensitive new areas reacting to the pressure. I REALLY need to be more careful with hot food.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-26-2012 at 08:34 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tomi, I saw shooting too and was wondering what she was planning to shoot him with - given the conversation about his broken foot, I envisioned her shooting him with pain killers. lol

Funny thought - No, it's Digorno! lol Love it and I bet boyfriend would get a kick out of it too.

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I hope you get the digestive issues figured out. Really weird how you all of a sudden have hypoglycemia issues taking place. Could this be related to your digestive issue?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)