Page 271 of 793 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371771 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 7929

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 271

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Parsnip, to me, just tastes like a sweeter version of a carrot. I think it would be great in your soup. Got any kale or other green to add?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I don't usually have any fresh veggies unless I specifically buy them for a recipe. I've never tried kale. Maybe I will try a leafy chicken soup sometime. The soup was definitely sweeter, so next time I'll leave out the carrot, or I'll use them in a hot chili recipe. I added a ton of black pepper, thinking it might counteract the sweetness, but it just made it peppery, of course. I liked that. Seems right for this time of year.

Aahhh... Last day of work before a 4-day weekend! I finished the yogurt at lunch yesterday and the egg nog after work. I didn't get hungry for dinner until 9:30PM. I'm just taking 1 capsule (650mg) of the HCL with Pepsin at the start of meals for now. I forgot to bring one for lunch today, but taking it easy with the doses is probably wise. If my appetite is still weird later this weekend (barely hungry this morning, stuffed after 3 eggs), I'll empty some of the capsules a little to try a 1/2 dose, and then I'm giving up on that and will have ~240 capsules sitting in the cupboard.

I decided not to stick to the MWF off L-Tyrosine schedule since I had trouble with anxiety earlier this week. I feel a little bouncy and energetic today, despite being tired. I think I'm dealing with a sleep deficit and it's unlikely I'll get the chance to catch up until Sunday night.

I've been forgetting to do my stretches lately. My body is not feeling as strong as usual. I think I need to focus on sleep before exercise right now.

Today's food: 3 eggs scrambled with breakfast, chicken soup for lunch, banana for a snack if I feel like it, dinner will be whatever I feel like or sushi later, with Boyfriend & M. I bought gluten-free brownie mix (Bob's Red Mill) yesterday and was thinking of making those for tonight, to share. The mix has corn flour in it, but I am not really worried about that. I wonder if they would taste okay with coconut oil or if I should stick with butter. If I don't make them tonight, I'll make them for Christmas Eve (since I don't think I'll have access to the kitchen on Day, after breakfast).

I'm not sure how much I'll digress from my usual eats this weekend, but I'm not really concerned about it. One meal at a time. At some points, it will probably be "one bite at a time". Overall, I don't want to stress about food.

Weekend: Boyfriend is supposed to talk to his sister about using her military ID to get the Mustang to the local Airforce base, to use the auto shop there. It's $3/hr for a stall and they give you free range to tools & equipment. We could probably get tires mounted there too. It's not open on Sundays. I emailed Boyfriend about it, hopefully he can talk to his sister today or tonight so things can move forward with that. Saturday night, I'm planning a little night in with Boyfriend, so we can still celebrate our anniversary (1 day late). I bought two pints of Maine-made ice cream (minimal ingredients, mostly organic) and I think we'll have pizza. I'll swing by the grocery store on the way home & grab a DiGiorno's for him (stuffed crust if I can find it) and a gluten-free crust pizza for me (Shaw's has a few options, just have to find the least offensive ingredients, which will probably mean rice). Sunday will hopefully be a relaxed day. Boyfriend has to work. I am going to help my dad install a railing at the house, which my mom requested for Christmas. I'm not sure when I'm going to prep Boyfriend's gift! Baba will be at my parents' house by Saturday evening so I'll probably spend some time with her.

A couple nights ago, I painted my nails candy-apple red. They're already chipping. I'll probably do a touch-up before Christmas and finally buy some clear coat. I'd share a picture, but I accidentally removed the camera software from my work laptop and can't find it anywhere online (stupid Dell). I know that makes me sound like a bad IT person, but trust me, this is a known issue & the software just isn't available! If I re-imaged the thing, I'm sure it would set up fine, but it's not really worth the effort.

TMI: I really want give myself free range of cookies and whatnot on Christmas (while I'm at my parents' house), but I'm afraid of YI symptoms flaring up. Since I ran out of herbal anti-biotics earlier this week, everything has been fine, but it's been most of this year that I've been experiencing intermittent itching and such, so I'm wary! One meal at a time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Boyfriend saw the foot doctor this morning: the tip of Boyfriend's fifth metatarsal broke off. It's at an angle right now, not sitting where it's supposed to. He was given a "moon boot" (plastic cast that he can take off, but is supposed to wear 24/7 aside from showering) to keep it immobilized. He has to stay on the crutches. He's going back in two weeks to have it checked out again. If it's not healing well enough, he will have to have surgery. Boyfriend is in pain and bummed out about the prognosis.

They didn't give him pain meds because he walks on his foot when he's doped up. Any dose less than what he's on now and it doesn't dull the pain long enough for him to feel like it's worth it. Here's hoping the pain starts to lessen soon! We are still elevating it whenever possible & I tie a reusable ice pack on his foot in the evening for 20 minutes. I don't think he's doing that on his own in the morning.

The crutches are hurting his underarms quite a bit. Unfortunately, nothing to do about that, except maybe lotion before bed. It's the rubbing from clothes that irritates. It's fine when he gets home and takes off his shirt.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-2...rrects-of-2012
    This made me feel better.

Less awesome, but still good: My bonus hit this paycheck, but it was reduced by 40%!!! Federal taxes ate the most of it. I'm kind of pissed, but hey, at least it's extra money (only enough for one hr with my tattoo artist...but I'll play that by ear). When my grandma pays me back for buying my parents' gifts, I'll be ahead for the month! That, and I got paid for the overtime that I worked a couple of weeks ago, so my paycheck was about $30+. That's what they'll look like from now on, without the FSA. How nice.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-21-2012 at 08:38 AM.

You people who don't like (Paleobird) or have never eaten (NW) kale. Freaks, the lot of you. Kale is a nice addition to soups, and as my FB buds know, creamed kale is in regular rotation.

When I do a pizza cheat (make at home), I'll either buy a crust or make dough and then trick it out myself. Mrs. FW is not a fan of sauce, so I make her white pizza, usually with a mix of shrooms. I'll put sauce on mine and whatever meaty goodness I can find. Garlic, fresh herbs (if avail.), then of course either red pepper flakes or hot sauce. I just can't do frozen pizzas any more. If that makes me a snob, then maybe I need to start wearing an ascot and a top hat, or whatever snobs wear.

Sucks about BF's foot.

Cool news about fixing up the 'Stang, tho.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Check his crutch height. He shouldn't be crouching or leaning over to use them. His arms should be nearly straight, maybe a 15* bend at the elbow and minimal bend at the wrist. If they're at the right height, they rub the upper arm, and you can get chamois or sherpa skin to put on the crutches to prevent that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's the irritation from his clothes that rubs his underarms. If he's shirtless it feels fine, so padding probably wouldn't help unless it keeps the clothes immobile. I'll check the height anyway.

FW, I thought about making a crust (it's pretty basic and I could get yeast from my mom), and I know where I could buy one, but I want something no-hassle. I also don't want to go through the effort of making a gluten-free crust, so I'd rather buy a pizza. I suppose I could see what's in Bob's Red Mill gluten-free crust mix.

I decided to start my "F it, it's Christmas" attitude a little early. I had a homemade sugar cookie that someone brought in and another glass of egg nog at work (didn't look like many people had had some, so I though, "Why not?"). Now feeling overly full and sick. Too bad, because I was looking forward to eating my chicken soup. I think I'll nibble on a banana and hope I feel better later.

Stupid, stupid Tasha. Oh well! Moving on.

[edit] I ate the soup anyway because I felt hunger underneath the discomfort. The discomfort is still there, but not any worse. I wonder what the egg nog did to me.

I loved today's success story. It's fun to see how people tackle their personal experiments and come to their own n=1 conclusions.

An excerpt:
    Food as a reward, particularly desserts, baffles me. You work hard at keeping your cravings under control for a week or two and then reward yourself with the very things you know to be the cause of all your troubles. It doesn't make any sense! Say you painted your house and worked very hard for a couple of weeks to make it the pride of the neighborhood. Would you graffiti bomb the place as a reward? No, you think that would be stupid.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/100-d...#ixzz2FiIq973B
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.

I had a funny thought. I was imaging shooing Boyfriend from the kitchen tomorrow night (note to self: see if grocery store sells matches) to cook the pizzas in the oven. I envisioned unveiling the slices at the dining room table, with candles lit and cloth napkins at the place settings.

He says, obviously impressed, "Did you make this?"
    I respond with a huge smile, "No, it's DiGiorno!" and reveal the box from under the table.

Thinking about this made me crack up. You had to be there (in my mind). (I realize the line is "Is this delivery?" but my mind made the leap and it was hilarious anyway.)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I had a funny thought. I was imaging shooing Boyfriend from the kitchen tomorrow night (note to self: see if grocery store sells matches) to cook the pizzas in the oven. I envisioned unveiling the slices at the dining room table, with candles lit and cloth napkins at the place settings.
    This made me LOL. Back when Clint and I were dating, we had pizza by candlelight one night. I came home from work and he had it all set up. Still brings a smile to my face just thinking about. I miss his sentimental schmuck days.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've only had a candelit dinner with Boyfriend once (at home). He loved it. I thought it'd be funny and a nice touch to commemorate our 3-year anniversary since we can't go out and do something for a date right now with his broken foot. I hope he laughs or at least appreciates it!