Page 270 of 751 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 270

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    A new housing development of apartments in my town is having a lottery in February. Boyfriend and I, with combined incomes, qualify. The rent would be cheaper than what we pay now for a 2br, and it would be in a new complex, with a washer & dryer in the unit, but I think it only includes one parking spot. We could probably pay a little more for another. Unfortunately, our lease isn't up until September 1st and we don't have enough money in savings for a deposit right now, so it's not worth applying for. We're also in the 3rd qualifying group because we aren't married, so we'd be much less likely to get an apartment (we'd end up on waiting lists). Oh well. Good to know these kinds of things happen, but no way it could happen for us right now.

I worry about staying at this apartment sometime. The landlady is having insulation blown in today (starting with attic and 2nd floor since that's required for the solar panels they're having installed, but will have the 1st floor done at some point too, yay!), so it's good to know they're working on improvements. I just discovered that the glass pane in the lower half of one of our bedroom windows is loose. There's nothing on the back of the bottom edge holding it in. I can push it away from the frame and stick my finger out in the gap. I don't know if we'll ever be able to afford/arrange to get a washer & dryer.

I just have to remember that starting in a couple of weeks, my paychecks will be $30 more. That $60 per month will be very nice to have.

BTW, my MDA holiday cards are heading out today. I have a few extra cards so if anyone wants one, shoot me a PM!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-19-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck getting the new place. That would be great!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I'm not going to apply because our lease isn't up till September and these move-in dates are for the Spring. Just a dream.

I just finished eating a plate of food (turkey, mashed yams, roasted veg) and I'm starting to feel shaky and hungry. Eating a second plate and hoping it goes away.

The food kicked in and I feel comfortably stuffed.

Nameless Wonders: Utility Sauce
    Bam! Making/canning applesauce.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    i'm wondering if you're definition of "a plate of food" is too skimpy for your needs. Cuz, the second plate fixed the issues. Maybe you need to start eating larger portions?

Is there any way you can get ahold of a blood test kit (like those used by diabetics)? When you are feeling this way test and see where things are. Sometimes you can get a free kit from the doctor - a started kit. It normally comes with 10-20 strips, when those are gone you have to buy more. Or beg another starter kit!

Hypotension has similar symptoms as hypoglycemia - but if food is fixing it then you know its not hypotension.

Take care of yourself!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I could get a blood test kit at the pharmacy, probably. I just don't really care to test.

I probably do need to eat more. I am just being stubborn about it. It would not be that difficult to figure out what I can add to my meals to make them more substantial, it just requires some thinking and prep work.

you can just eat 2 pork chops or a larger sweet potato. Add more butter? Lunch is only sardines most days correct? What about adding fruit at lunch? even just an apple or some cut up melons? Grapes! High glycemic factor with grapes! eat the fruit in the mid-afternoon maybe. If you're still trying to add some muscle - you need to up the protein - so how 'bout bacon for breakfast? Or ham or sausage?

I have NO trouble trying to figure out how to eat MORE!!! Its eating LESS that I struggle with!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I'm not usually that hungry in the evening, so anything I add will be at breakfast or lunch. I add plenty of ghee on all my food! I usually have a piece of fruit with my sardines. Just adding something to breakfast will probably be good. I have been meaning to look into a quick sausage option. Either small ones that I can defrost overnight that will cook up quickly on the skillet, or frozen ones that can be cooked frozen (with minimal preservatives).

I forgot to mention that I took a dose of my super strong probiotics this morning. I was curious if it would do anything. I don't think my digestion is any different today. I do think that adding ACV before breakfast and before dinner is helping a bit. My HCL should be arriving today so I'll start taking that tonight.

have you been tested for h pylori?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Tomi: nope, though everything I read indicates the symptoms are rather extreme. According to wikipedia, however, it's possible to not have any symptoms. I haven't had my blood tested for infections in quite some time. Among the listed symptoms, I only really experience bloating, and I know what foods cause it.

I felt really, really terrible late last night. There was a misunderstanding with the work for the Mustang and I "trod on some toes," as Boyfriend put it. I could tell I was not reacting rationally and said as much. It was also brought to light that a discussion from Sunday night had completely left the premises (about plans for the car). Boyfriend described what he had talked about to try to paint me a picture of the conversation, but it didn't seem familiar in the least. It's maddening when that happens. It leaves me feeling like he must be remembering wrong, but I know my memory can be faulty. Anyway, I had a hard time calming down, nearly ended up going in the other room to hang with Boyfriend because I couldn't stop crying, but then I passed out. I'm really tired today.

My head is definitely clearer now, but I still feel fairly anxious. I am going to take another capsule of L-Tyrosine.

I had more yogurt and more egg nog last night. I took HCL right before eating dinner last night and then more after to get a response. I felt some burning & nausea later, but didn't think anything of it. This morning, I took 3 again, but much earlier before I ate, and felt the burning and nausea again after eating. It wasn't that bad, but I think that's enough to indicate the dose is too high. I will try two right before/as I start eating lunch today (1300mg). I do not have any more acne from the dairy (it's all cleared up from earlier this week), nor any GI distress aside from the usual constipation. I think the HCL helped prevent problems from the dairy. I am remembering again that I am not capable of staying away from treats that I buy for myself even when they're problematic, so I'm probably going to polish off both things tonight. Then, as usual, I won't buy any more. Because of that "extra" food, I was very full last night. I think I ate a little too early, before I was actually hungry. I forgot to bring my lunch today so will use my lunch break to drive home and back. It will be nice to split up the day a little. Ah yes, I also had a girl scout cookie last night (those coconut ones). Boyfriend held it out to me, I thought, "Why not?" so I ate it slowly and enjoyed it. He did not offer anymore and I did not ask. He gave me a high-five though. I think it helps both of us for me to be a little lax about things like that. A small cookie is not going to destroy me.

3 Tests for Low Stomach Acid

Boyfriend suggested that Friday nights, we order out for our movie watching with our friend, M. If M pays for his own stuff and Boyfriend & I alternate paying for ours (unless Boyfriend can cover our meals each time), I think it'll be fine. Otherwise, I will make my own food and they can order out, since I would probably only want sushi (technically, I'm talking about maki rolls). Liz gets sauce-less veggies and beef teriyaki when she gets Chinese, but I find sushi more satisfying. Last time (last week?) when we got it, I was a bit bloated after. I'm curious to see if the HCL helps prevent that.

If low stomach acid is one of my system's problems, I wonder how long it will take before I notice other positive effects. Low stomach acid can cause a myriad of other issues (including fungal overgrowths!). If I'm not processing proteins properly, it makes sense that I would need to go back on the amino acids for mood support.

The local Whole Foods is having some crazy overnight sale on the night of the 23rd through the morning of the 24th. It looks like there will be some good stuff marked to 50% off. Apparently, Applegate Farms has a frozen breakfast sausage (will be marked down to $3.49 for an 8 oz box). It would be worth going for the can of organic extra virgin olive oil for $11, I think.

Boyfriend's foot still hurts a lot, but the swelling is going down. I can see the bones & veins in the top of his foot again. He goes to see the foot doctor tomorrow morning (my mom is driving him <3). He's hoping that the doctor will say that it's not actually broken. I'm just hoping they'll estimate a quick recovery and have some good tips for him to manage the pain & swelling.

Tonight: chicken soup! I used some defrosted turkey stock (from thanksgiving) and pork juice (from when I made a roast in the slow cooker sometime last month), then topped off with water after adding onions, celery, carrots, and a few mashed garlic cloves. The pork juice was beautifully gelatinous. I hope it doesn't taste weird. I am going to use chix breasts as the meat in the soup. I bought some parsnip roots...would those be weird with carrots, celery, onion (need to buy another on my way home), and chicken?