Page 269 of 760 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 7596

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 269

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Sudden hypoglycemia attack this evening. I haven't had this happen to such an extreme in a LONG time. I panicked, but had the mind to put the (lactose-free) yogurt in a bowl so I would not overeat. I also had a glass of egg nog (more than 8 oz, but don't know how much). I feel better, still a little hungry (but not ravenous anymore), and still a bit trembly.

That was scary.

I wonder WTF caused that?! Today's food: 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, serving of yogurt, tin of sardines (two servings, technically, which is 24g of protein and about 14g of fat), a clementine, a large-ish sweet potato with ghee & cinnamon, pork chop cooked in ghee with brocolli...and more ghee. That's a pretty normal day for me aside from the yogurt.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Stress? Your food looks fine.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Someone on IPMG (International Paleo Movement Group) on FB said it didn't seem like a lot of food. It was enough, and that's usually how much I eat. That's been my average day for the past couple of weeks, or longer. I could probably eat more at breakfast and lunch, but I'm not ravenous at any point in the day.

Of course, today, I'm already messing up because it's nearly 7:30 and I haven't eaten anything, nor do I have anything for lunch. I might chop up some celery and buy some almond butter and fish during my lunch break. That's the best I can do without dairy.

Larger update later, maybe. Not feeling it right now.

Anxiety is bad this morning. I'm functioning pretty well when it comes to other people, but doing anything is really difficult (still managing it!) and my head is spinning. Wish it would shut up. So now, I feel stressed. About the car, about money, about all the usual stuff. Part of it is residual anxiety from Boyfriend's broken foot. I didn't get to talk to him hardly at all last night because he was grumpy last night (in pain, trying to ration out the Percocet till he sees the foot doc on Friday, hoping they'll give him more). I was just starting to feel like we could manage this odd schedule and I'd still have time to talk to him about stuff at night before I go to bed, but now, he's too groggy to talk in the evening. So I feel a bit swamped/lonely.

My hands and ankles/feet are swollen and uncomfortable today.

Doesn't sound like anything wrong with what you were eating. Maybe Pebbly-poo is right and this was stress-induced?

Remember that this time of year there's a lot going on with the holidays, even if you're not consciously worrying about them. Even if you're not fretting aout gifts or something, work and personal schedules all of a sudden are getting crazy, and so the "usual stuff" can suddenly seem overwhelming. Just breathe, and take one thing at a time. It's all gonna work out, I promise. And tell BF his foot would heal as if by freakin' magic if he'd go Primal!

BTW, my hands swell sometimes if/when I go out in crowded malls or stores. Stress... cortisone... still think the "low blood sugar" could actually be part of that whole response.

Body: Hands and feet are still swollen.

Food: Forced myself to have some eggs this morning. Didn't finish them because I was anxious and late. Snapped some celery stalks and brought them in a baggy. Apparently today is the catered holiday lunch so I might not have to go out for almond butter & fish. It'll probably be turkey, green beans, and gravy. Probably cranberry sauce and some kind of starch (which I'll probably avoid because of the risk of dairy or who knows what faux-dairy). It won't be perfect, but "not bad" is fine with me right now. I can always go out and get more food if I need it. Tonight will be chicken from the crock pot (slathered it in sea salt & pepper last night, some onions underneath and inside, a few garlic gloves sliced up too; turned on the crock pot when I left this AM) and then, I can make bone broth! I think I'm going to cook it extra long, maybe tonight and all day tomorrow. Then we'll use some for chicken soup.

Supplements: I think I forgot to take L-Tyrosine yesterday. I didn't take it today because I wanted to keep to the MWF schedule. That may be a contributing factor in today's increased anxiety. I forgot to use the neti pot earlier this week and my nose is definitely getting re-adjusted. I definitely think it helps once I've been using it for a few days in a row, but the congestion seems almost worse during the transitional period. My eyes have been really itchy since last night (but painfully so, in a way that does not make me want to touch them... I guess that would mean dry) and I've been sneezing more today. I bet that will be better tomorrow. I may get some allergy eye drops to use when I need it.

Stress: I'm talking to my dad (FB messages) about the Mustang to see if he can help me sort out how to fix it/what order to tackle everything in, since David is too groggy from pain, fatigue, and pain-killers in the evening now. My dad offered to buy tires for Christmas & suggested trying another battery (from my mom's old car, which is still not sold) for the door issues, so that's relieving some stress. I'm still worrying a lot about that episode last night. Someone on IMPG suggested it could be hypotension, but it felt like low blood sugar to me. I've never tested with low blood sugar, but with hypoglycemia, you'd have to get your blood sugar tested at the time of an episode in order to see if it's an issue. I suppose I could do that at home, but I don't need to convince anyone. Maybe it was just a fluke and a combination of some random stressors on my system, and not really a food thing. I need to chill out about it because it's over and I will get more food and it will be okay.

I wish there was one thing I could eat everyday that would ensure I am getting enough or more than enough food. Like baking something on the weekend and having a bit everyday. That's kind of what the sweet potato I have after work was supposed to be, but I don't eat enough at breakfast and lunch for that to be "extra". Paleo baking would probably be too tempting. Having coconut milk hot cocoa was a good way for me to get in extra fat every night, so that is probably worth stocking up on.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking that how you are feeling today has a lot to do with your hypoglycemia. I know that when I eat sugars, or grains, my mood changes. I get more bitchy, more negative and look at the world in a different way.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Deep breaths for you and me today. Today we are great. We are fed and we are loved. We are smart and strong enough to del with tomorrow and whatever it brings. Today we are great. 1000s of miles apart we are breathing into our bellies together. Together we will face today.

Thank you for sharing on my journal.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Not sure your door issues on the Mustang will be solved by battery. I had a 1990 GT and we had to replace the actuators(?) in each door. Pain in the butt but it took care of the problem.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Deep breaths for you and me today. Today we are great. We are fed and we are loved. We are smart and strong enough to del with tomorrow and whatever it brings. Today we are great. 1000s of miles apart we are breathing into our bellies together. Together we will face today.

Thank you for sharing on my journal.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Not sure your door issues on the Mustang will be solved by battery. I had a 1990 GT and we had to replace the actuators(?) in each door. Pain in the butt but it took care of the problem.
    It may be the actuators. That's one thing I read about yesterday as a possibility. It could also be from too much moisture, since the doors are missing some seals (outer door belt weatherstrip, but those are pretty pricey). I'll start with a battery because there's a spare available for testing, though I don't think we could run it on that battery. Then I'll check all the connections. Then the actuators (which look pretty cheap at a quick Google-glance).