Page 269 of 861 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 8608

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 269

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Deep breaths for you and me today. Today we are great. We are fed and we are loved. We are smart and strong enough to del with tomorrow and whatever it brings. Today we are great. 1000s of miles apart we are breathing into our bellies together. Together we will face today.

Thank you for sharing on my journal.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Not sure your door issues on the Mustang will be solved by battery. I had a 1990 GT and we had to replace the actuators(?) in each door. Pain in the butt but it took care of the problem.
    It may be the actuators. That's one thing I read about yesterday as a possibility. It could also be from too much moisture, since the doors are missing some seals (outer door belt weatherstrip, but those are pretty pricey). I'll start with a battery because there's a spare available for testing, though I don't think we could run it on that battery. Then I'll check all the connections. Then the actuators (which look pretty cheap at a quick Google-glance).
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

A new housing development of apartments in my town is having a lottery in February. Boyfriend and I, with combined incomes, qualify. The rent would be cheaper than what we pay now for a 2br, and it would be in a new complex, with a washer & dryer in the unit, but I think it only includes one parking spot. We could probably pay a little more for another. Unfortunately, our lease isn't up until September 1st and we don't have enough money in savings for a deposit right now, so it's not worth applying for. We're also in the 3rd qualifying group because we aren't married, so we'd be much less likely to get an apartment (we'd end up on waiting lists). Oh well. Good to know these kinds of things happen, but no way it could happen for us right now.

I worry about staying at this apartment sometime. The landlady is having insulation blown in today (starting with attic and 2nd floor since that's required for the solar panels they're having installed, but will have the 1st floor done at some point too, yay!), so it's good to know they're working on improvements. I just discovered that the glass pane in the lower half of one of our bedroom windows is loose. There's nothing on the back of the bottom edge holding it in. I can push it away from the frame and stick my finger out in the gap. I don't know if we'll ever be able to afford/arrange to get a washer & dryer.

I just have to remember that starting in a couple of weeks, my paychecks will be $30 more. That $60 per month will be very nice to have.

BTW, my MDA holiday cards are heading out today. I have a few extra cards so if anyone wants one, shoot me a PM!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-19-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Journal

canio6 Guest
    Good luck getting the new place. That would be great!

I'm not going to apply because our lease isn't up till September and these move-in dates are for the Spring. Just a dream.

I just finished eating a plate of food (turkey, mashed yams, roasted veg) and I'm starting to feel shaky and hungry. Eating a second plate and hoping it goes away.
    Journal

The food kicked in and I feel comfortably stuffed.

Nameless Wonders: Utility Sauce
    Bam! Making/canning applesauce.
    Journal

tomi is online now Senior Member
    i'm wondering if you're definition of "a plate of food" is too skimpy for your needs. Cuz, the second plate fixed the issues. Maybe you need to start eating larger portions?

Is there any way you can get ahold of a blood test kit (like those used by diabetics)? When you are feeling this way test and see where things are. Sometimes you can get a free kit from the doctor - a started kit. It normally comes with 10-20 strips, when those are gone you have to buy more. Or beg another starter kit!

Hypotension has similar symptoms as hypoglycemia - but if food is fixing it then you know its not hypotension.

Take care of yourself!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I could get a blood test kit at the pharmacy, probably. I just don't really care to test.

I probably do need to eat more. I am just being stubborn about it. It would not be that difficult to figure out what I can add to my meals to make them more substantial, it just requires some thinking and prep work.
    Journal

you can just eat 2 pork chops or a larger sweet potato. Add more butter? Lunch is only sardines most days correct? What about adding fruit at lunch? even just an apple or some cut up melons? Grapes! High glycemic factor with grapes! eat the fruit in the mid-afternoon maybe. If you're still trying to add some muscle - you need to up the protein - so how 'bout bacon for breakfast? Or ham or sausage?

I have NO trouble trying to figure out how to eat MORE!!! Its eating LESS that I struggle with!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm not usually that hungry in the evening, so anything I add will be at breakfast or lunch. I add plenty of ghee on all my food! I usually have a piece of fruit with my sardines. Just adding something to breakfast will probably be good. I have been meaning to look into a quick sausage option. Either small ones that I can defrost overnight that will cook up quickly on the skillet, or frozen ones that can be cooked frozen (with minimal preservatives).

I forgot to mention that I took a dose of my super strong probiotics this morning. I was curious if it would do anything. I don't think my digestion is any different today. I do think that adding ACV before breakfast and before dinner is helping a bit. My HCL should be arriving today so I'll start taking that tonight.
    Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    have you been tested for h pylori?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation