Page 268 of 677 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6764

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 268

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My gut became like a portal to the underworld, but only for smells.
    Excellent.

Dead soul: 'Ello, is this the portal to the underworld?

Gatekeeper: Yes, but not for you.

Dead Soul: But I'm late. I was due a few weeks ago. Me carcass is rottin' and I smell like def!

Gatekeeper: The def smell can go, but the carcass has got to wait for the bus.

Dead Soul: Why's 'at?

Gatekeeper: Portal for smells only.

Dead Soul: Fuckin' sucks.

Gatekeeper: Look, the bus'll be here in a few days.

Dead Soul: I thought there was a pleasant little ferry or something?

Gatekeeper: Bus takes you to the ferry. Right across the river Styx. You know 'ell is close when you hear Styx.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I thought someone would like that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Adapted from Pebbles' high-fat day, here's what I might try for a week or so, just to see how my gut responds.

Breakfast: 3 slices of bacon, 1 egg, peppers and onions cooked in bacon fat. Chai with 2 tbsp coconut milk and 1 tbsp CO. More chai mid-morning (for more fat)? P, roughly how much veg?

Lunch: 1 chicken thigh (or leftover meat? or part of fish tin?), some kind of nut butter on celery (instead of cream cheese...would prefer to find a non-nut way to add fat to this meal)

3pm Snack: 1 oz macadamia nuts, chai with coconut milk (would prefer a non-nut high-fat snack, they are expensive)

Dinner: 3-4 oz meat (need to get a visual on how much that is, I'm probably eating much more right now), salad with OO & BV, and 1/2 avocado (will cook other veg for Boyfriend each evening, but I can whip up a simple salad for myself at the start of the week & take from that as needed).

To prep: Renew BJ's membership, buy bacon, sardines & avocados (better price than at local stores). Pre-bag macadamia nuts in portions. Make nut butter. Consider another way to add fat without the chai, though I could probably use the hydration. I stopped drinking a lot of water in September and didn't notice anything change.

I probably don't have to go that low with protein. I'm not looking to lose weight, just give my digestive system a bit of a break and hopefully help out my hormones. That means I could have a larger serving of meat at dinner, I suppose. Otherwise, I think that would keep me around 75g a day. If I do go on antibiotics, this would be a good way to eat to take a break from starches for a little while. You're supposed to stay off starches for a month or more after a long course of antibiotics from SIBO and other flora issues, but I don't think I could manage that (again). The whole fat-fast idea seems fairly affordable. I would have to go to the grocery store more often to keep fresh avocados in the house. Having fresh veg with breakfast would be a nice way to break up the tedium of frozen veg, but I know I can get frozen peppers & onions too (easier, but not necessarily cheaper). I feel like the hardest thing is keeping this dairy-free.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hearing Styx was never so much a problem for me as hearing the Rush that generally accompanied it... now that's an indicator of 'ell being close by.

Have I professed my love for you lately BTW? *sigh*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

The love is mutual!

Speaking of Styx and Rush, it's so weird to think back on what I used to listen to when I was growing up. Some of it is still in rotation (e.g., Zep), some of it is in rotation in the guilty pleasure or ironic hip sorta way (e.g., Blue Oyster Cult), and some of it just makes me cringe (Styx, Rush).

Rush was theee first rock concert I ever went to, coincidentally.

NW, why are you targeting 3-4 oz. of meat? Seems a bit CW to me. I got some petite sirloins that came in around 8 oz., and to me that was a nice, small, satisfying steak. Half that would be an appetizer. Why not just eat till full?

I dunno, just thinking about keeping the fat up. If I eat a regular portion of meat at dinner (that's a whole chop for me, or a breast, or two thighs, usually, to give you an idea), I'm sure that'll be fine too. I just wonder how good my digestion is right now with all the other things going on. Eating too much protein probably isn't going to help. At most, I'm probably still around 100g per day, which I'm sure is fine (3 eggs, tin of sardines, serving of meat at dinner). Basically, I need to sub carbs for fat and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to reasonably do that.

Tired today, not thinking clearly. Boyfriend be damned, I must sleep tonight, and that might mean sleeping alone. Percocet just makes him too ... adorable... to sleep next to (safely).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Lol to percoset problems.

I probably have days where I eat more protein than my 85g limit. Dairy products do add up.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

To be fair, it's a regular problem, but he's being very sneaky and extra cute right now. Lots of...ego stroking.

Happily-coupled problems: when it's a hazard dressing comfortably (read: very little clothing) at home.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I experienced that first hand during my sleep naked experiment.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67