Page 265 of 793 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 7927

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 265

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I see tons of Luxembourg and German. Lots of people remarried after the wife passed away. Lots of deaths under the age of 5. The farmers, once they moved out to the midwest in the late 1700s, seemed to thrive. Tons of kids, lots survived.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Occupations can be found on the Census records. Each census had a slightly different list of information. You might want to print a couple of census records for each family and read them carefully.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

tomi is online now Senior Member
    sounds like you're having fun with the lineage search

Pebbles, what a nice thing to do for your MDA friends! you get the gold star today!

I'm happy to hear you are closing the group and moving forward. I see good things in your future, based on the steps you are taking and the progress you are making!

Have a good weekend!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Wow girl, you jumped right on Ancestry and started adding stuff. I am impressed. My work is done.

+1 on being proud of you for your progress.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    *blushes*

You are too kind!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Patski, you are my sistah in arms with the battle against candida (or whatever). Love your blog!

I showed my mom what I've found so far and she was pretty psyched. Apparently her mom has some of this info in a book, so that might be a nice point for us to reconnect on. I'd love to get a relationship going with her.

I also found both passenger lists for my grandma (and her parents) and my grandpa, when they came over in 1950. I'm going to edit the images and print them up for my grandma. My dad's side is not going to be possible to track through this site because of the time and place that they lived in (USSR/Russia/slavic nations pre-world wars). There just won't be records from that time. As it is, I only found that much because of the immigration. No one else from their families came over before then.

Lucky Girl. Jesus visited your journal.

Boyfriend broke his foot yesterday. I am having a hard time not stressing out about it.the mustang must be moved today, either out of the garage it's been in and into the lot there, or driven home. That's if there's time to work on it before our after we go to the hospital.

Part of me is really scared he's going to get depressed again because of this.

I ate some junk this weekend. I am feeling hopeless about my gut issues. I will call the doctor on Monday and beg a course of strong antibiotics.

I am trying hard to keep it together.I know I can do it.

Damn, so sorry to hear this. Poor guy. I hope it all works out. Can you get some help to move the mustang?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Boyfriend is off with his brother & dad to work on the car. I am trusting him to know his own limits, given the # of broken bones he has experienced in his life, though part of me wants to go hysterical and sit with him anxiously in the hospital to wait for x-rays and prognosis. We'll do that later, but hopefully without the hysteria. I don't know if he put the car first for me, or because it was the plan before his foot was broken.

I feel like an absolute jerk for the way I acted last night. He left for work, foot definitely broken, acting pretty calm, but came home and was being kind of delirious from the pain/endorphins. I freaked out a bit. We talked about it. I think he understands.

His foot is pretty swollen and there's a big bruise on the top. He hit it on the side, vaulting out of bed over me ("instead of climbing over like a normal person").

I realized from this injury that I still blame myself for his shoulder injury. We talked about that too. I feel better about it. I'm glad I was able to think it through.

I'm still wanting to eat crap food. I have some good food here, but nothing seems appealing. This weekend, I've eaten a dumpling (peking ravioli), ice cream (Rocky Road at the movie theater), a few small chocolate chip cookies (made by Boyfriend's mom), and had some beer to sip (probably less than a 1/4 of a bottle total). Even with just one of those things, it was enough to find me bloated the next morning and with a few fresh pimples.

In other positive news
    -My dad and I had fun yesterday discussing family history. I'm old enough now to hear more about his parents' experiences in the war (WWII). I really need to get this written down as accurately as possible, with a timeline. I wish I could've filmed my dad talking. I don't think he'd do that, but he insists we do it for my grandmother. It was a great discussion, and an excellent reminder to keep an open mind with anyone's telling/reading of historical events. There are so many stories untold, and stories that will never be told. We are running out of time, for that era. My hypothetical future children will not have an interest like I have had in my grandparents lives, instead it will be on my parents. It is interesting to see how that can/could shape people. One thing that I took from that conversation that is sticking with me today is my grandparents' motto, "There are good people, and there are bad people." In context, it was in regards to Nazis and Germans.
    -I saw my abs today. Boyfriend sees them too. I am mystified. WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?!
    -The Hobbit was awesome. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was amazing. I felt that the weakest point was probably the dialogue. Note: it's been many years since I read the book, but a lot of the scenes seemed familiar and were how I envisioned them. The harmony for "Far Over the Misty Mountains" is really beautiful (the one in the film, not in the credits). Richard Armitage as Torin Oakenshield is really great. He plays Guy of Gisborne in BBC's really terrible "Robin Hood" show. I watched the first two seasons with my ex in college, just started the 3rd now. Robin is balding, it's honestly a little distracting.