Page 256 of 779 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 256

Primal Fuel
    Awwww...
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I like your idea of cocoa with schnapps. The German in me is loving it!
    Hmm... if by schnapps you mean a good and proper one like Rumpleminze, then yes.
    If you mean the sticky sweet stuff, then not so much.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Double Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So Pre excited for you.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sleep: Got to bed late again. Stayed up to snuggle & watch TV with Boyfriend. So much for "I'll be better tomorrow." So tired this morning.

Food: Was not in the mood for much last night, so I didn't make applesauce. I went out and got more eggs, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and a soy-free chocolate bar. It was okay, not really splurge-worthy. I had 1/2 (which was a serving size, less than 10g of sugar). The rest is in the freezer. I feel like my hold on sugar is finally loosening. I wonder if it's from the anti-candida supplements. Too tired to eat this morning, so I didn't take my with-food supplements and unfortunately forgot to bring them to work. I could always drive home to grab them on my lunch break, which would be a nice break from the office for 1/2 an hour.

Supplements: Trying a level teaspoon of Vitamin C at each dose today. I used the neti pot this morning, which makes that the 3rd or 4th morning in a row. I'm hoping it will help noticeably everyday by the time I've used it a week straight. I've heard it can take some time to really help. It's not too much trouble to boil the water in my tea kettle in the morning and let it cool while I make breakfast. It's usually lukewarm by the time I'm getting ready to leave, but I can speed up the process by pouring it into a bowl. Anyway, my nose stays pretty clear for most of the day when I use it, so I like that. Keeps me from fiddling with my schnoz and worsening my chances of a nosebleed. I hate having crud in my nose. I took 200mg of 5-HTP last night. I forgot if I mentioned yesterday that I'm going to cut back on Tyrosine, not taking it MWF, just to see what happens. I'm trying to take everything slowly so I don't have any melt-downs. Maybe I'm doing too much at once.

Mood: Pronouns absent. That indicates, mostly, that my bran is not firing on all cylinders. I'm tired and it's leaving me ill-equipped to handle things. I need to ask Boyfriend to help me with Mustang stuff for this weekend. I don't know how to ask his dad & brother if they can work on it. It's Boyfriend's car too, and they're his family, so I'm hoping he'll do this with no trouble. It's probably mostly in how I ask. I feel nervous about the speedometer not working and want to find out what size/type gear is needed to fix that. Last night, I was not in the best mood, but not terribly depressed. Cooking dinner has mostly become second-nature to me, so even when I'm not hungry, I make dinner, and I eat. That's good, at least! Must be fed to support moods. So much for this morning =\

Plans for tonight: Applesauce? I know Boyfriend's family is having a little party to welcome his brother & celebrate oldest-nephew's 5th birthday, so I might not have time. Not sure I should risk it. The apples should keep, however. My godfather said they'd be good for a week in the fridge. I'm not sure I'd give them that long, they're VERY fragrant, but I'll definitely make sauce on the weekend if not before. I'll probably finish "Cold Days" tonight (new Dresden Files book). I've been working through it very slowly, in rather sizable chunks. It's really good and I'll be sad to have to wait again for the next book, but happy that there will be more!

Thinking ahead to the weekend: I want to get cat food, shrink wrap for the windows, and jars & glass etching compound for Boyfriend's xmas gift. I need to call Baba back and let her know I'm getting my dad a book on her behalf, and I'll look for some nice office storage supplies for my mom at Staples. I want to see if my dad is up for finishing off my mom's desk, or going to Home Depot to get what we need to build a railing for the stairs in their house (my mom's Christmas gift request).

And just 'cause, here's a picture I've been waiting to see since June (from a friend's wedding):

My sister, my godfather, my brother, and me. Seeing this made me miss my short pink hair, but I do like how it's growing out right now. I finally feel like it's getting long. It's almost at my chin now, which is where I expected it to be by year's end. In a few more months, I might be able to get it back into a tiny paintbrush (tiniest ponytail). That is, if I don't get a trim. I still think I might get bangs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 Guest
    Great picture and congratulations on your pre-engagement. It's nice to see your brother wearing his tie correctly. Damned clothing nooses. I hateses them....

My bro is one classy bugger. We were at a wedding so the tie is understandable, but he would dress up everyday if my mom didn't dissuade him. He's also gotten into the habit of wearing two sweaters? Not sure what that's about, as he is barefoot at every opportunity and barely sleeps with a blanket (not exactly one bothered by cold). I think his ties are usually loose, though I think that's my mom's laziness because I don't think he knows how to tie one. I could be wrong. I know how to tie a tie, but it's never neat and the lengths are always wrong.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My bro is one classy bugger. We were at a wedding so the tie is understandable, but he would dress up everyday if my mom didn't dissuade him. He's also gotten into the habit of wearing two sweaters? Not sure what that's about, as he is barefoot at every opportunity and barely sleeps with a blanket (not exactly one bothered by cold). I think his ties are usually loose, though I think that's my mom's laziness because I don't think he knows how to tie one. I could be wrong. I know how to tie a tie, but it's never neat and the lengths are always wrong.
    Two sweaters? I don't think I even own two sweaters. Hell, I don't even own a jacket. , well, outside of the one work gives me. I also own zero ties. Woot woot. 6 years of school uniforms cured me of that shit.

Well, he is my brother. I realize this statement has less significance around people who haven't seen how I dressed from ages ~14-22. I don't know why I stopped dressing up, but I used to dress up (in any sense of the term) every damn day. I will have to dredge up some old photos for a good "history of fashion" blog post sometime. It should be good for a giggle.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fashionista, another piece of the puzzle! The layered look is in, brother man, and even more trendy when combined with the barefoot look. Serious. Canio, agree with your Gollum-like detestation of the corporate noose. Partly because although it would not appear so, my neck is in the high 10% of circumference for men. Something has to support the gourd, right?

Anyway, nice pic. Def see the resemblance to sis & bro: a nice family. For whatever reason, the two words "pronouns absent" tickled me. I may steal that, as it appeals to my inner Beckett.

BTW, I hate crud in my nose as well, to the point of obsession. I don't neti, but since college (Lincoln administration) I've used a technique a buddy from India showed me as being part of yoga, cupping hands and drawing water through the nose; since then, it's a semi-daily ritual to clean the passages of crudders; in retro, I'm not sure if this really was yoga or he was BSing, but yoga is very concerned with proper breathing.