Page 254 of 679 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 6782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 254

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My sister has complained about bad PMS for a long time. I sent her a note on FB with the warning "Unwanted advice ahead!" about Vitex and my testing with the doctor. She said it sounds like something that would be helpful and asked how much it is. I don't know how effective it would be for her since she eats a lot of soy, but I'm glad she might give it a try.

I just found that Vitacost carries Vitex, and their brand is very cheap. I don't need to stock up on anything else and it would not arrive before I run out of my current bottle. Even with shipping, it would be cheaper than the stuff I got at VitaminShoppe, but it might be a good idea for me to stick with one brand while I'm still giving this the 3 month trial. I'll check my supplements tonight, maybe I need more of something else and I just haven't noticed yet. Free shipping on $25 or more of Vitacost brand supplements! If I just buy Vitex from Vitacost, it would cost the same as the other brand in the store if I used the 2-day shipping to get it here in time, haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Just stopping in. Getting caught up instead of writing my paper! I wish we had snow! *pout*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It vanished the day after, unfortunately I miss it already.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    yuck on the snow! Love it falling - hate it sticking! We've had so much rain I'm wondering if this year is going to be a flood year in the Willamette Valley. Love the view out your office windows! How calming and peaceful!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Feeling a bit lonely. Not in a depressed way. Just realized I could really use someone to chat with about some things, in person. My journal peeps should all move closer to me, right now, please . It's not even about sad or bad stuff, just some things I'm thinking about (and some of it is about really positive stuff!) that would be nice to brainstorm with someone else about over tea or cocoa. My sister would be an ideal candidate, except that some of it is kind of about her, and I'm not sure she'll be 100% supportive and let me have some "me" moments, instead of making it about her. Part of me just wants to take the risk and talk to her, but the other part of me feels like it would be too hurtful if it doesn't go the way I hope.

I'm in the mood for candy canes. I wonder if "natural" candy canes exist and what they are made of. I'm sure it's still butt-loads of sugar (we're talking big butts here), but if it's not HFCS, I might go for it. Stirred into cocoa is the best.

How about candy cane macaroons?

I think all the candy canes use sugar and corn syrup/HFCS. And even if they do omit the latter, it is as you say, a big butt o' sucrose. If you just want something to stir into cocoa, what about just adding peppermint oil to the cocoa and skipping the sugar?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My phone can still receive texts, yknow.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    How about candy cane macaroons?

I think all the candy canes use sugar and corn syrup/HFCS. And even if they do omit the latter, it is as you say, a big butt o' sucrose. If you just want something to stir into cocoa, what about just adding peppermint oil to the cocoa and skipping the sugar?
    Peppermint extract (or schnapps!) would probably be a better idea. I like the aesthetic of a candy cane sticking out of the mug, but the flavor can be made in other ways. A little bottle of extract seems like a worthy investment. You probably don't need much per serving to get the flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My phone can still receive texts, yknow.
    I knowwwww . Thanks, dear. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not ready to reduce the 5-HTP after all. Maybe I will try knocking the Tyrosine back to every other day first. Maybe I should still just give it a few days to see if I normalize. I will not think about it for now because I don't have to decide right now.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Ooh. That's what I need my next cuppa to be. Cocoa, not tea. Hmm, now where do they keep the cocoa around here . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

PM me if you want a holiday card (I'll shoot for before New Years, but I might need to make up a random Holiday for it) from me and don't mind sharing your name/address . I never send out holiday cards, but I might ask Boyfriend if he'll sign a few with me to send to family, since we're both just baking (me: applesauce, him: gingerbread cookies, which may or may not be carved into obscene figures with my artistic skills) for other this year. You guys are special to me and I'd love to send a little snail-mail affection to anyone who wants it.