Page 253 of 870 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 8699

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 253

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nameless Wonders: Creepy tree fingers in the fog
    Bloggy blog blog.

Shark week arrived. I definitely feel like the Vitex has helped with the PMS, since I don't think I really had any! I feel fine today (mentally) and this is usually the worst day of my cycle.

Sleep: Got to bed on time, slept well. Woke up easily. Woot!

Supplements: 2nd day in a row of neti pot in the morning. Yesterday, I hardly sneezed at all. Today, I've sneezed a bunch (only once I arrived at work). My allergies tend to be worse on wet days so that may be why. The sneezing has stopped for now, I hope it stays that way for the rest of the day! I'm experimenting with a lower dose of Vitamin C again. I'm down to 1 tbsp (2135mg) and even that might be too much. I took 200mg of 5-HTP last night. I'll give it a few days to be sure, and then I might try lowering the dose again. Promising! I am nearly out of Vitex and will have to get more at a shop this week (Whole Foods, if they have it, or Vitamin Shoppe, where I originally got it). It seems like the hormonal imbalance may be the key to all this, though I noticed the PMS issues a few months before the digestive stuff started (and the depression kicked back in).

Food: In between laundry and making applesauce last night, I roasted up sweet potato (regular for Boyfriend), broccoli (I love being able to stick cast iron straight in the oven), and cooked up some sausages. They were sooo good. I used the leftover sausage grease/juice to roast the broc in and they were amazing. mmph. They were not the cheapest sausages, as I got the super-natural-no-additive kind from the grocery store, but I really want to get more! Probably worth it. I'm going over to my godfather's tonight to help with his computer and bringing him some applesauce. If he feeds me, I will go off the Whole30 and eat as well as I can with whatever he has. He's accommodating, but my dietary restrictions are uncommon enough in most households that he might not have much I can eat. It's very awkward for me, trying not to be a bother, but also gracious.

Body: We did our bodyweight workouts last night. I'm not using the push-up app on my phone anymore, but I might start it up again. I can do 7 consecutive on-knee push-ups, so I think I'll be able to pick up where I left off. My legs have been restless lately. My knee started to hurt yesterday and I went for a walk around the building and it felt better. Today, it hurt when I got on the stairs, but now it's okay. I guess they're still kind of weak. I really should get back into doing squats. I didn't do any sit-ups last night because my abs are still really sore, but I think I'll be able to manage them tonight.

Brain: Focus is good, mood is good! Yay!
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

My sister has complained about bad PMS for a long time. I sent her a note on FB with the warning "Unwanted advice ahead!" about Vitex and my testing with the doctor. She said it sounds like something that would be helpful and asked how much it is. I don't know how effective it would be for her since she eats a lot of soy, but I'm glad she might give it a try.

I just found that Vitacost carries Vitex, and their brand is very cheap. I don't need to stock up on anything else and it would not arrive before I run out of my current bottle. Even with shipping, it would be cheaper than the stuff I got at VitaminShoppe, but it might be a good idea for me to stick with one brand while I'm still giving this the 3 month trial. I'll check my supplements tonight, maybe I need more of something else and I just haven't noticed yet. Free shipping on $25 or more of Vitacost brand supplements! If I just buy Vitex from Vitacost, it would cost the same as the other brand in the store if I used the 2-day shipping to get it here in time, haha.
    Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Just stopping in. Getting caught up instead of writing my paper! I wish we had snow! *pout*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It vanished the day after, unfortunately I miss it already.
    Journal

tomi is offline Senior Member
    yuck on the snow! Love it falling - hate it sticking! We've had so much rain I'm wondering if this year is going to be a flood year in the Willamette Valley. Love the view out your office windows! How calming and peaceful!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Feeling a bit lonely. Not in a depressed way. Just realized I could really use someone to chat with about some things, in person. My journal peeps should all move closer to me, right now, please . It's not even about sad or bad stuff, just some things I'm thinking about (and some of it is about really positive stuff!) that would be nice to brainstorm with someone else about over tea or cocoa. My sister would be an ideal candidate, except that some of it is kind of about her, and I'm not sure she'll be 100% supportive and let me have some "me" moments, instead of making it about her. Part of me just wants to take the risk and talk to her, but the other part of me feels like it would be too hurtful if it doesn't go the way I hope.

I'm in the mood for candy canes. I wonder if "natural" candy canes exist and what they are made of. I'm sure it's still butt-loads of sugar (we're talking big butts here), but if it's not HFCS, I might go for it. Stirred into cocoa is the best.
    Journal

How about candy cane macaroons?

I think all the candy canes use sugar and corn syrup/HFCS. And even if they do omit the latter, it is as you say, a big butt o' sucrose. If you just want something to stir into cocoa, what about just adding peppermint oil to the cocoa and skipping the sugar?

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    My phone can still receive texts, yknow.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    How about candy cane macaroons?

I think all the candy canes use sugar and corn syrup/HFCS. And even if they do omit the latter, it is as you say, a big butt o' sucrose. If you just want something to stir into cocoa, what about just adding peppermint oil to the cocoa and skipping the sugar?
    Peppermint extract (or schnapps!) would probably be a better idea. I like the aesthetic of a candy cane sticking out of the mug, but the flavor can be made in other ways. A little bottle of extract seems like a worthy investment. You probably don't need much per serving to get the flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My phone can still receive texts, yknow.
    I knowwwww . Thanks, dear. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not ready to reduce the 5-HTP after all. Maybe I will try knocking the Tyrosine back to every other day first. Maybe I should still just give it a few days to see if I normalize. I will not think about it for now because I don't have to decide right now.
    Journal

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ooh. That's what I need my next cuppa to be. Cocoa, not tea. Hmm, now where do they keep the cocoa around here . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula