Page 251 of 798 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 251

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, my tub isn't very big. I had to fill it very high to try and get most of me submerged. It really wasn't terribly comfortable. I wish I'd had some oils to add! I just used epsom salt and baking soda. The water got pretty cool by the end of it, but I could do it again. Watching a TV episode helped pass the time.

We'll see how this helps my digestion. Last time I did this (for only about 20 minutes), it was very effective! I'm skipping Vitamin C for the night, just in case.

My skin is super soft right now . I didn't want to rinse my hair with all the junk in the water, so I'll probably still shower later. I feel fairly relaxed, my knees don't hurt, my hands aren't aching, but my left arm really does and it's travelling down into my hand. I think it's a muscular thing rather than inflammatory. It hurts when I hold my arm straight out or use the arm much (and a bit while typing).

Time for groceries!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Do you do the chiro or get massages? I had some horrible pain in my left arm once and a bad ass massage cured it. I also forgot my go to anti-inflammatory. 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp raw honey, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Morning, afternoon and evening until it is much better and then you can just do it as needed. My gf the hair dresser who has had elbow and shoulder surgery says her arm no longer hurts and she is never sore after working out.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ... but I need to buy more ginger...
    We're just all out here waiting to be purchased by a sun-lover like a puppy at a pet store. Oh I hope that one with the beautifully tanned skin and a soul picks me! Over here sun-lover! I won't steal your soul! Look into my puppy dog eyes!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I go to the chiro infrequently. I'm working on doing some regular stretching (some things he told me to do) before I go back. I want to do it consistently for ONCE to see if it actually improves things. I don't have raw honey at the moment, but that may be a worthy investment if I'm just using it for anti-inflammatory purposes. My arm feels better today, might've just been a fluke.

Sleep: Woke up at some point with a nosebleed. Didn't realize it, just felt the crusting blood on my face. Fortunately, I slept on my back all night, so it didn't get anywhere else (but I didn't want to risk using the neti pot this morning since it bled more when I got up). Boyfriend woke up around that time (maybe it was him that woke me up?) and croaked sweet sleepy nothings in my ear for a little while. I know what I want to wish for on the turkey wishbone. It's adequately dried up by now (the apartment is SO dry). Is it bad luck to make long and elaborate wishes on a wishbone?

Food: Filleted chicken breasts and broc last night. The breasts actually came out quite good. Very moist. Not sure how I managed that! Lunch today is chicken thighs & broc. I picked up organic broc, organic sweet potatoes, whole milk for Boyfriend (could've gotten organic, but it was $2 more for a 1/2 gallon and I make weird split-second decisions sometimes), and regular potatoes. Forgot to get more baking soda, but at least he doesn't need much for baking, so that can wait. Lunch will be chicken thighs & broc. I was hungry first thing this morning, but I have to take my first supps on an empty stomach and then wait about 1/2 an hr. By that time, I wasn't hungry anymore. I think I'm going to have to find space in the budget for some whey protein powder for mornings like those so I can have a liquid meal at work. That means keeping stocked up on dairy-free milks of some kind. Canned coconut is the most wholesome option, but that really adds up. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to cook everything at once tonight. I could make the chicken on the stove top. I am defrosting two chicken quarters and two breasts to feed 3 people. That probably means taking the meat & skin off the quarters so I can cook it all in pans.

Body: Hands are okay this morning, so are my knees. Boyfriend and I did a bunch of stretches and body weight exercises together last night. He suggested we make it a routine thing together. He's just started doing more body weight stuff on his own and it shows pretty quickly . He asks me for a number and then does that many push-ups or sit-ups. He does a few different types of push-ups (feet on the bed, hands in a triangle, finger-tips, knuckles, and regular). He showed me how to use his physical therapy bands in the doorway. My postural muscles definitely need some work, I could feel my lower back getting worked, but that's good! My leg actually does feel better today! I'm happy about that. My body image is improved a little lately. Doing those exercises made me feel really good. My muscles always look nice right after. I really do wish I had access to heavier weights for squats though (I like to imagine how amazing my thighs would look). A rough calculation online says my body fat percentage is 24%, but I'm pretty sure it's more like upper teens. This means that even just "toning" muscle will probably look good on me

Mood/brain: Keeping busy at work really seemed to keep my mood level for the evening. I wasn't looking forward to going out for groceries, but by the time I was done with the bath and dinner, I felt much better. I feel like my anxiety has reduced a bit today. I've felt very efficient at work for the past few days. I'm really happy about those two hours of OT since I don't have a lot of PTO right now. I have therapy today, forgot a check for it (but she's fine with me catching up the next time we meet when I forget), looking forward to checking in.

Hair: I really need to get a satin pillow. My hair gets really gnarly when I sleep on it. I think it's partially from damage and partially from the dryness of the apartment (even though I'm going to sleep on wet hair). I think I will renew the pink tonight. I have several different shades to pick from and/or mix and match. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    We're just all out here waiting to be purchased by a sun-lover like a puppy at a pet store. Oh I hope that one with the beautifully tanned skin and a soul picks me! Over here sun-lover! I won't steal your soul! Look into my puppy dog eyes!
    Tanned? Ginger? What world is that one from?

I honestly don't know where that came from. It sounds like a Stephen King book though, doesn't it?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    NW, coconut oil in your nose will help with the dryness and nose bleeds and smells delicious!

If you have local honey, not the crap in the bear, that works great too. I got a big jar of local stuff and it was perfect!

Ugh, don't like coconut oil (smell makes me feel sick). I only use the refined stuff. I might try a little overnight tonight. I should get some unrefined for baking though, I'm sure the flavor would be nice in that kind of stuff.

The honey I have I purchased for baking. It's not raw or local (it was from Bj's Wholesale). When I have the money to spare, I am going to get some that's at least local. There's a local farm that carries a bunch of local products and they had raw local honey that was AMAZING. I think it was something like $15 for 16oz though, which is pretty pricey to me. I'm kind of a honey snob, my grandfather kept bees when I was little and we got to help bottle it and eat it off the comb.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    NW, coconut oil in your nose will help with the dryness and nose bleeds and smells delicious!
    Really? That is good to know. Thanks for the tip! I have two jars of the stuff not getting used as I do not like cooking with it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Really? That is good to know. Thanks for the tip! I have two jars of the stuff not getting used as I do not like cooking with it.
    That much could last a lifetime of nosebleeds.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67