Page 246 of 797 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346746 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 246

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Depression kicked in. I guess that's what not having protein does? I ate pie and apples (with almond butter) today. Boyfriend just ordered me some pho. Rice noodles = not Whole30. I guess I still have 30 days till Christmas starting tomorrow, and at least it's not ice cream or pizza. Still fairly wholesome.

Tmrw is Mustang day and I feel so anxious about it and the grocery shopping that should still be done so we have dinner prepped tomorrow and eggs for the week. Being unprepared is my #1 downfall when it comes to Whole30s or generally staying on track.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I would guess that a good balance of protein and fats with your carbs would be very important for you especially when the carbs are high in sugar content.
    Good luck with the car.

Thanksgiving recap in words: One thing that casts a great picture in my head but I was not actually able to photograph is seeing my parents dog (a lab/dachshund mix, basically looks like a dark-brown lab with short legs) chase down a flock of ~30 turkeys at my grandmother's. I've never seen a turkey fly. The food was great, my roasted veg side-dish was delicious, my pie was good too. I was really nervous about sharing it, but everyone seemed to like it. The crust was too salty. I wonder now if that was the baking soda that was added. Wondering what that's really needed for. I'll check out more recipes and revise for future baking. Pictures are up in my blog (link in signature). My parents also tried my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and thought they were really good. Boyfriend said it tasted really good, but the texture was weird to him (mushier than your average wheaty muffin).

Food: I ate late yesterday because we were working on the car. I had an omelette and 1/2 lb of bacon as soon as I got home. I had two apples with almond butter (slathering some on with every bite, so I don't know how much I ate, but the jar was nearly empty so it wasn't that much) while I waited for my mom to swing by with carrots and celery. I made turkey soup with leftover turkey and Boyfriend tossed his half of the bacon package into it. It was perfect. We both have some for lunch today. I ran out of eggs so I only had a pumpkin mug cake this morning. I tried coconut flour instead (didn't want a dose of omega-6 first thing in the morning with the almond meal) and it was much drier, definitely will add more pumpkin next time. Tonight, I need to pick up eggs, an onion

Supplements: Taking the tart cherry a few times a day will hopefully continue to aid in the inflammation reduction this week. My right knee feels better, but now my left knee hurts (not nearly as badly as the other did), and the fingers on my right hand are still aching. I don't think I'll try Maca Root again this week. I want the aching and pain to go away entirely first. Going a bit off-track with diet last week and over the weekend (eating out twice) caused me to need to increase back to 2 tsp of Vitamin C, so I need to eat super clean if I'm going to see improvement with this.

Sleep: I wasn't super strict with my sleeping schedule over my 5-day weekend, but I seem to be managing okay despite that. I think lounging on Saturday helped me reserve some energy. I was in bed by 11 last night.

Mood/brain: Still tetchy. Much more anxious for the past week or so. Recovery is very slow from off-periods. I'm actually mid-PMS week right now, but this does not feel like PMS to me. My mood has been up, so I've been managing it. This will be the end of my first full cycle while taking Vitex.

Exercise: Still nada. Want to be pain-free first.

Car stuff: Mustang is at my sister's ex's garage. We kept running into problems as we disassembled. I mostly watched. I would have been happy to help, but I could not warm up, no matter how many layers I borrowed. Boyfriend and his dad didn't seem to mind, but I feel bad. I ended up staying home when we took a break to get food and pick up some missing stuff. I will need to get some more parts before we can resume, namely tubing. The car did start up before it got towed (just testing, it sounds great), but it spewed gas from a mice-chewed gas line. One of the tires isn't holding air. The door release system needs fixing (the handles were shaved off the car, it only opens with the remote unlock, but it doesn't work consistently). Boyfriend's big brother is moving to MA next week. Boyfriend's dad is taking a bus out to Iowa to get him, then they're driving back together in the Mustang that Boyfriend's dad bought out there. Big bro is a mechanic also, and Boyfriend's dad said that the two of them could work on the car when they're back. They could probably get it running in shorter amount of time. I'm out of money to sink into it for now. Not sure what I'll do about the parts it needs (tubes and tires, and should get new gaskets for body, but can't replace those until it's warmer).

Turkeys roost in trees.

I was really into the mini-truck craze (society, club, group??) when I was a younger lad. I liked almost all body modifications except shaving the door handles. Pointless and asking for a faulty electronics nightmare that you are experiencing now. But you already know that.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

From what I'm reading, the only way to go back to door handles is to get new doors, once modded. I will probably just live with it or fix it, since I think that will be much cheaper! Not a priority for now, anyway. Once the 'Stang is on the road, it probably won't be used all that much, except if I want to go to Maine and Boyfriend's car isn't fixed yet, or while the Civic is in the shop. It will be good to have a spare car though.

Yeah trudat, once you bondo the door handle holes they're pretty much done. Or in other words, you can't fix stupid.

But as long as you can get the doors open then you're all good.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Darn. Cars can be a pain.

I'm kind of taking Boyfriend's manual labor for the car as his way of helping with the process. So I'm trying not to feel bad about not being hands on with it, because I've been doing all the paperwork and am funding the parts and such. The car is under both of our names, so it's his responsibility too, even if I've been doing most of the organization for it. It helps me feel less stressed about the work that needs to be done.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hey there, I read back a few pages. Sounds like some rough times here, esp. on the 20th... I'm sympathetic, been there. Wish I knew something constructive to say. Um. At least when you look in the mirror you see your awesome new hair, right? It looks so fun, and a good shade on you too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Jenny Things are getting better and things will be AWESOME as long as I stay on track. I already feel less anxious today. Probably a combination of feeding myself good things and being back at work. Even if work isn't busy, it helps for me to have a schedule and something to do.

BTW, for anyone concerned about spam stuff, please hang tight. I know for a fact that the Worker Bees have enlisted more help in clean-up. Hopefully, further thought will be given to preventative measures as well, but it's a start.