Page 245 of 784 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 7833

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 245

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Wow, thank you for that! I might try taking it every other day, just 1000mg for a bit, but I'm going to stay off it for the rest of the week at least. I liked the energy boost, and I think that would be worth it in the long term while I sort out everything else.
    Yeah, I went full-bore into it and started having heart palpitations during regular, low-key activities. When I read that, it made sense, so I'm cutting back. The energy boost is definitely nice.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    What fun to see the 2 of you in the same photo! I'm glad you had a good met-up.

I just started taking the MACA yesterday. I'm taking 2 capsules twice a day - so a total of 2100 mg daily. My capsules are 525 mg each. the bottle says to take 1 3 times a day. I'll do 4 a day for a while and see what happens. I do have amazing ENERGY today though! Here's to hoping for a libido kick as well!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    2 capsules twice a day is a LOT according to what unsuperb posted on the previous page (it says the recommended dose on the bottles is actually quite high when you're starting from nothing). I hope you do not have any untoward side effects. Be careful!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless Wonders: Resolve.

Thanks, Paula, for the thoughts yesterday. I am thinking about going Whole30 for the period between Black Friday and the Winter Solstice. This would allow me to eat anything for my winter date day with Boyfriend, which will likely be the weekend of Christmas (maybe one week before though, so it'd be a Whole-21 or something). I think I would rather find a nice-ish place to eat that's me-friendly, but I'll probably allow MINOR indulgences if they cross my path. I find myself thinking, "I could make an exception for paleo/primal baked goods" but exceptions are tricky. I don't want them to become a gateway to missing the point of the program. I thought that baking for Christmas would be fun, but really, I could do that at any time. The coconut flour will keep in the fridge for another time. I can probably make dairy-free egg nog if I really want some.

I'm in it for the long haul. This is for my health, and long life of quality. I want to be healthy, mentally and physically. Losing butter again for a while will be no big deal, since I haven't been eating any other dairy. It's unlikely that I'll go out with my friends again before New Years, so that makes eating out simpler. I haven't been eating much bacon lately, so that's no big deal either. I think we'll finish off the Applegate bacon I just bought, but I won't buy more again for the rest of the year (that's 3 packs).

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Happy thanksgiving! That rocks that you got to meet Pebbles irl!

You know you are an amazing young woman. Youth normally is full of the devil may care about the future, health, all of that. Your future will be youthful for much longer bc you are taking care of your health. Anxiety and depression are a beast. I AMA warrior of it and can tell you it can and does get better with self care. Be thankful for your courage and tenacity today!

Thanks Kymma, your words are very encouraging!

I am home from Maine and waiting at the RMV. A long as my parents don't mind me putting their pictures up, I'll probably write about Thanksgiving on the blog.

RMV = success. Photo blog entry later, maybe; too lazy to edit stuff right now (got some shots of the Mustang including details of the rust for my reference). I think I got a cute picture of me and Baba. I feel like hibernating today. I am going to graze on pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, apples, and almond butter. It is going to be awesome. Hmm...what to watch?

I ended up having wine with dinner yesterday (about 1 glass of a Bordeaux, very tasty) and got depressed later. I stayed up late reading and slept on the (really comfy) couch. I don't know why I fight going to sleep when I feel poorly. I'm a little more achy today, but the tart cherry seems to be helping. My shoulder really hurts and I have no idea what I did to it (feels like something got pulled).

BTW, I got the turkey carcass. I just need to pick up some carrots to make stock/soup. It was 12 lbs, the smallest my mom could get, and the best I can ever recall her making. She brined it. It had just the right amount of salty flavor and was incredibly moist.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Our turkey was brined too and it was delicious. Take care of yourself.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Nameless Wonders: Thanksgiving, to health and happiness.

For those who are not on FB, here's a bunch of photos of my Thanksgiving. You can click each photo for a larger version.

And the Mustang. I gotta drag Boyfriend out of bed now to see about when we can take care of this beastie.

We went out for Brazillian BBQ last night. I had meat and veggies. The meat was soooo good. I'm claiming willful ignorance on any prep the meat might've seen. I feel fine today and my knee and shoulder are loads better.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, car repair is not happening today, Boyfriend's dad is stuck helping out with work stuff. I will help my dad clean the garage to make room for the scooter.

I'm tired of cooking! I might just eat some pie for now. We only have 4 eggs left and I'm also tired of DRIVING and SHOPPING so I'd rather not go get more today ><