Page 244 of 797 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 244

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hey are you still cool about tomorrow?
    Yes, absolutely!

My dad rescued me from a miserable evening. My parents bought a pre-owned car from a dealership and picked it up yesterday, so I got a surprise when he asked me to "listen to something weird in the engine" of his car.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Tell cookie monster if he wants his food just the way he likes it then fix it himself.

That's what I get when I complain about anything my wife does.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Tell cookie monster if he wants his food just the way he likes it then fix it himself.

That's what I get when I complain about anything my wife does.
    Amen. I am definitely in the 'if you don't like how I do it then do it your damned self' camp.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm the same way. If you don't want it or can't eat it, get your own damn food. (I do try to accommodate food allergies and preferences where possible. though.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hah, well, my dad said "I'd rather have real butter" (he's mostly vegan because he believes it's best for his heart health) but because of my sister, my mom is opting to go fat-free. She's adding sugar to the sweet potato casserole. If money weren't an issue, I'd make buttery mashed sweet potatoes without sugar for me and my dad . That will probably be the most sugar-y thing I eat all day. Cookie monster likes real butter, it's my sister that's the issue! I wish my mom was less accommodating to her If I'm being honest, I really do feel like it's not fair to cater towards my sister's preference, as opposed to my need. But whatever. My mom has some sweet potatoes I can use for my side dish (and she's going to pick up the rest of the things I need!) and I'll grab some extras for baking too.

My joints and knee are slightly better today. I'm not taking Maca root today. I wonder if I was taking too much/not enough Iodine to compensate and if that's what's causing the inflammation. Or, rather, the effect it's having on my thyroid.

The forms were fucked up so the car can't be registered today. I was really disappointed and ended up crying for a few minutes when I got to the car (felt really stupid about it, but it wasn't really my fault, just confusing forms). I'll have to take time off work next week to get it all sorted. I'd do it Friday (and I got a "no wait" form so I get to jump the line), but I don't think I'll be back early enough from Maine. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I wonder if I was taking too much/not enough Iodine to compensate and if that's what's causing the inflammation.
    Too much Iodine...does not compute. Were you painting in on your nether-regions with a brush or sitz bath style?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Hehe. I only take it in my multivitamin and the occasional sushi (seaweed wrap).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I ended up pulling back on iodine to about the equivalent of 1 mg/day. On 12 mg/day I blew up 20 lbs in a week. My current dose has cured some female issues and that is good enough for me. See you soon.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My joints and knee are slightly better today. I'm not taking Maca root today. I wonder if I was taking too much/not enough Iodine to compensate and if that's what's causing the inflammation. Or, rather, the effect it's having on my thyroid.
    What Nobody Tells You About Maca Root Powder - Dangers And Side Effects - High on Health— High on Health

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, thank you for that! I might try taking it every other day, just 1000mg for a bit, but I'm going to stay off it for the rest of the week at least. I liked the energy boost, and I think that would be worth it in the long term while I sort out everything else. I picked up some tart cherry powder today (pretty pleasant, actually, since it's just dehydrated and powdered cherries!) and am hoping that will help speed along the inflammation reduction. My knee and hands do feel better today, but still some aches and pains.

I met Pebbles67 today! She is a really lovely person, in every sense of the word. It was really refreshing and I definitely didn't want to stop chatting. I don't have the brain power to really recap right now, but I will swipe the photo we had taken for sharing here too (from her journal).

Aren't we cute?

Now I'm heading home from my parents' house to make some dinner, pie, & chop up some veg for tomorrow.