Page 241 of 750 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 7492

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 241

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    To be fair, I've never soloed a concert either. I think that's pretty damn cool.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I would never solo a concert. Ever. That took some balls.

I don't even like the idea of eating by myself, even in a fast food place.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't really like eating alone in public either, but I prefer to eat alone at work.

My rationalization for going alone was, "free ticket + music I like = must go," "I won this ticket and would feel guilty if I didn't go because I'm sure there are other people who would've loved to win it and attend," "I like music and have gone to plenty of concerts and am familiar with this venue (it's small), so I don't think it will be a big deal to get there and find a space to hang out for the duration of the concert." It helped that I was in a good head-space, but winning something made me pretty happy too. I was surprised that the two drinks I had did not help me feel more comfortable. In the end, it was the music.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The Mustang also needs a new drive gear for the speedometer. Boyfriend's dad has changed the cable, but the speedometer still doesn't work. Unfortunately, I think this means the transmission has to come out, but my dad has done this on his Jetta in the driveway, so I'm wondering if we can do it at home. Figuring out which gear is the right size for the transmission is the tricky part. The engine was originally a V8, but it was swapped with a 2.3L turbo and transmission from the same year.

Rather than getting scared of the work this car needs, I'm excited. Somehow, it seems much more accessible than the bug was. Probably because there's nothing mysterious about it (yet).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    And when its done you'll have a Mustang!!!!!!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    I had to replace the odometer gears in my dash once. It wasn't too bad since I had a manual for my Mustang. Good luck with all the repairs. I hope everything gets fixed the way it needs to be and you are on the road with a reliable car afterwards.

Well, crap. I just learned that simply not paying for the next year of insurance is not a good way to cancel a policy. Now Commerce wants me to pay for the premium up front if they were going to cover me, including renter's insurance. I would...if I had that money.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Insurance sucks.

Even if you don't have a car and don't drive and WON'T be driving - you lose the history or something and have to go through all that? SO dumb.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

My record is completely clean in terms of driving, but apparently not paying when my policy is over (aka not renewing) leaves a bad mark on my insurance record. It's really stupid. I had the car insured for 2 years and just didn't renew when I sold it. I guess this non-renewal crap is some statewide thing.

Another company said they'd cover me with 50% up front. I am either going to have to dig into my emergency savings account (which won't leave much in it, it just accrues interest from some savings bonds I have) to cover that, or ask my dad for a loan. I don't know how much I'd want to ask for because I don't know when I could reasonably pay him back. Maybe I will not be getting that tattoo in January after all.

Okay, Liberty Mutual took me for no weird premium stuff. We now have renter's insurance! I guess since it was over 2 years ago that I ended that premium via non-payment, they had no issue with it, but the original company did.

Now trying to sort out getting an RMV-1 form that indicates I'm insured and I'll head to the RMV Wednesday morning.