Page 24 of 678 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 24

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    To make up for my failed goals yesterday of not getting my supplements, I will walk to CVS when I get home from work and see what they have there. If the price isn't right, I won't get it, but at least I'll have gone for a short walk! I did not get out to walk today for lunch and haven't really eaten much today (had some cheese, a few slices of provolone, & an apple but my turkey went bad so that was it). Fortunately, not too hungry, the morning hunger passed with lots of water. I'm sure I'll be ravenous by the time I get home, which is always the case.

I just hope boyfriend remembered to put the drumsticks in the fridge to defrost before he left for soccer stuff so I can make HEROIN CHICKEN. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? Debating getting some very dark chocolate to resist the ice cream that's in the freezer, but wondering if I should just remove the temptation (I'd probably eat it before I'd throw it out though).

I'm gonna put myself at 5 primal points right now, since I did the kettlebell stuff & took notes!

Tonight's goals: walk to CVS to check out supplements, do some sets of assisted push-ups. Read (because I'm enjoying the "Sword of Truth" series). Trim a dress into a tunic-length shirt since I haven't worn it much and I think I'd wear it to work if it was shorter.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi namelesswonder.
    I just finished reading your journal!
    (all of it)

So much to comment on...
    (I selected too many posts to comment on, 'cause when I started my reply they "disappeared" )

I'll see what I can remember...

Salads. Try this:

I like my salads without lettuce

umm, I know it's too late, but next time you stay at a hotel, and there is no fridge in your room, tell them you need it for medication and they should give you one (if they have one)

I'm also reading WoT

Congrats on the new apartment!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Like books, I like picking wines based on their names and cover art. Yes, I DO judge books by their covers!
    Me too! (but more so with the wine)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Read (because I'm enjoying the "Sword of Truth" series).
    hmm, she likes LOTR, WoT...so do I...maybe I should check out this "Sword of Truth"...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

The Sword of Truth series is good, but if you don't like sexual imagery (well it's fairly explicit without obvious words like "penis", a bit romance novel-y without the "members" haha) or can't stand to read about rape or torture (happens more than I'd like in the books), I would not recommend it. It reminds me of WoT but I find it a lot easier to read because he's not as ramble-y as Robert Jordan.

Yes I like adding -y to words, why do you ask?

In my mind, I have made a webcomic for primal/paleo life/MDA. It stars Gay Panda's wit & my snarky comments. But I'm only really funny in my head/when I don't mean to be. I'd stopped trying to be funny for the most part, and just do it for my own amusement. Also the webcomic would feature people raging about n00bs coming in and asking why they haven't lost weight after 2 weeks of not eating sugar.

+10 primal points for: going to CVS (didn't realize 5HTP would be an uncommon supplement, will have to check WF and TJs) & getting B-complex & more VitD; not eating the ice cream. -5 pts for Smirnoff Ice (which I didn't really enjoy anyway, way too sweet)! +3 pts for doing a few kb rows (7 on each side, started with left since that's the weaker one). So I think I'm at 13pts. What will I treat myself to when I get to 100?!

HEROIN CHICKEN IS SO GOOD. I had to make two batches (and the recipe I followed had hella leftover cheese & butter anyway) and we ate them all except for one piece which is going to be part of my lunch. I managed to convince boyf to not eat Cheezits while he waited for dinner and instead he ate 4 drumsticks Yay for protein! Sadly he bought soda yesterday. Fortunately I only like Doctor Pepper & Fresca (though they taste kind of sour to me now), so I'm in no danger of drinking any.

B: Coconut milk + protein powder, blend, + egg, blend, + spoonful of almond butter, blend. Pour into glass. Delicious! Felt very full after drinking it, but now I'm pretty hungry so I definitely need to have something else with those shakes. Out of coconut milk & low on almond butter.
    L: Will be spaghetti squash with egg scrambled in (made it this morning) & 1 heroin drumstick (haha)
    D: ?? Boyf will make it or order it. At least salads are always a viable (but lame) option if he orders out. Tonight is raid night (Tues didn't happen because not enough people signed up) which means not getting to bed early which is a bummer because I definitely need to start getting up around 6:30am to get to work by 8 (school traffic in my neighborhood is terrible).

We're going to BJs Wholesale this weekend to get a membership. If boyf has enough spare money (or has gotten paid by either army or soccer coaching gig), we will pick up a printer and maybe a microwave!

Not sure what to do with the little pot full of butter from the heroin chicken. I left it on the stove and covered it, used to it cook the squash & egg this morning. It has separated a bit and I'm thinking of making ghee if I can get hold of a jar from my parents' house. It's salted butter though and I'm not sure if that would mess it up.

Goals for the weekend: go to Vitamin Shoppe for 5HTP & Fish Oil (website shows they carry Carlson's so I hope the store does). Go to BJs. Plan next week's dinners. More kettlebells!

Monday I go to NY for a pre-trial for a traffic violation (pleaded non-guilty because I was forced off the road and spun out due to the wet pavement). My sister is coming with me, but 5-6hrs of driving is going to blow (3hrs each way according to google maps, but my sister drives fast). Wish me luck!

-5 primal points for ice cream. I think the sugar I've been eating recently is making my skin oily. I've had some light pimple-age. Dislike.

Boyf does not have enough $ for rent right now. Really hoping his soccer gig pays soon, since the army never pays mid-month (or he gets paid on the 1st just in time to pay rent!). He emailed the athletic director so hopefully we find out soon.

This was not a good week for the computers in my office. 1 new one I set up a couple weeks ago bombed during updates and killed Microsoft Office. The oldest one in the office has apparently shit the bed and wallowed in it. fixmbr may yet save the day, but I'm running an HDD scan first.

Dinner was delicious. Boyf made filleted chicken breasts with an egg over easy placed on top, and broc. Yummmm. He was lamenting over me not eating grains...but I told him I'll eat rice when he makes dinner! Silly boy. More meat or rice would've rounded it off nicely, we were both still hungry after. I had some almond butter.

B: Nada. Tried a protein shake with just water and it was disgusting. Maybe I'll try the chocolate or a different brand when I run out of this one. I finished 2/3 of the glass to at least get something in me. I don't seem to get hungry until at least 1/2hr after waking.
    L: Another helping of spaghetti squash, this time with 2 eggs scrambled in.
    D: ?? Up to boyf again.

My scooter was SLOW this morning. It doesn't like the cold air. I gots to figure this out because boyf needs the car for soccer and I do not feel safe going 25mph on 30mph roads and having people pass me the whole time.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Heroin wings are so damn good. I think I make a batch every week. Going to make some tomorrow, meatza tonight and some jambalaya tomorrow.

My favorite place to check for supplements is Swanson. I bet you can't find 60x 100 mg. for under $5 anywhere else. I also like to take mushroom supplements, and they have a triple mushroom complex with reishi, shiitake, and maitake. They seem to help bolster the immune system and give more energy. Swanson has a lot of online buy one get one free offers as well.

^Ooooo thank you!!! That's excellent though the shipping is $4.99... Hmmm I'm not sure how I want to take the fish oil. Liquid form, lemon-flavored, would work okay for adding to smoothies or morning water or just downing a spoonful. I already take a lot of pills (5 in the AM, 1 at bedtime) so I'm hesitant to do pill-form for something that could be liquid and have had problems swallowing pills since my OD 7 years ago. I couldn't down them unless I drank lemonade at first, now it's just uncomfortable and I only recently was able to dry-swallow pills (small, big ones even with liquid are still difficult for me).

I still wonder how much the OD messed me up. They said there was no liver damage (I was given a lot of charcoal and something that smelled like rotten eggs through a tube in my nose). I was in the ICU for heart problems (don't know what it's called) because my heart rate was super high right after. It took almost a year for it to feel normal and walking up the hill to get home from school when I got out of the crazy-program was frightening.

And I still wonder if there's some way I could get a copy of any medical records from that hospital visit. I want to see what happened to me.

When I do order from them, I usually put a bigger order together so S&H isn't as much as what I'm ordering... I take fish oil capsules, and occasionally cod liver oil -- flavored CLO can be frickin' nasty though, and I like Barleans. The diagnosis of no liver damage should be something they were able to test right away; milk thistle is supposed to be an excellent liver tonic, even used to heal the liver in alcoholics and people bitten by poisonous snakes. Sounds like your heart may have been doing atrial fibrillation? If so, they may have prescribed something like digitalis to keep it regular. Scary stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to request the med records and see what you can find out.

I can't afford to do a big order right now, but I'll definitely bookmark Swansons for the future (maybe a holiday present to myself of vitamins and supplements hehe).

They treated me for liver damage and determined at the time that it was fine, so I'm not too worried about that. From my research, I don't think I have any symptoms that would indicate an issue with it. Requesting those records is on my to-do list, I just feel very awkward about requesting them.

Even with suckastic S&H, I'd bet Swanson is cheaper than other online sellers and all brick & mortars. Amazon seems to bear that out.

Never be afraid to stand up for your own health, or your rights.