Page 239 of 776 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 239

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    usually they can get authorization over the phone and the insurance company will send you a letter with the same info they give the dr.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    A few things:
    -I BOUNDED UP THE STAIRS when I had to go back into work for my Vitamin C. I can't recall the last time I did that. Thank you, maca root, for energy I hadn't realized I was missing.
    -Excitement about the lowered Vit C dose may have been premature. The no-bake cookies I made have coconut oil in it and I am super sensitive to it (maybe due to flora overgrowth?).
    -The local egg nogg I bought at Whole Foods is soooo goooood
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    hi.......... catching up on your journal - and your blog. I love the one about finding out your true idenity

A few pages back you mentioned taking your vit. d later in the day - I thought it was funny that Mark talked about that today. Last week I was wondering if taking all my supplements after 4 pm was interferring with my sleep - well, if Mark is right then I guess it might. I will start taking everything in the morning now just to avoid keeping the sandman at bay.

As for hair.......... as cute as the pink is - and yes, it is really cute! - coloring your hair will definitely cause damage. Home color or the salon color - either one will do its own kind of damage. I used to color mine - not pink mind you - just to cover the gray - and eventually had to stop cuz it was getting too brittle. Since going primal my hair as never been healthier! I just got my hair trimmed last week (BIL does it, no he's not gay, he's married to my sister) and his comment was "you hair is LOVING this moisture in air" ............ and I said, "my hair is loving the change in my diet" ........ course, he past that up without a comment. I can easily go several days between washes (where I used to have to shampoo daily cuz of the oilies) and I can easily go without conditioner if I'm using a mild shampoo (like Suave Professionals) My hair has seriously never been healthier than it is today - and most women in the post-menopausal range will tell you their hair is going to H__L since they change. I love my hair now - and I used to absolutely hate it! My suggestion -- ditch the color and just be natural - your hair will love you for it!

thats my 2 cents worth
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've been dyeing my hair for about 10 years now, on and off. My hair seemed pretty healthy last year (after going primal), when I was getting it cut regularly and not dyeing it. This is the first time I've had damage that has been difficult for me to "fix" and I think it's largely because of the water. I'm tired of maintaining it, but I really love having unusual colors. Highlights are too much cost and effort to maintain, yes, even more than the pink, because I would never attempt highlights at home! So I'm stuck with really boring, mousy, straight hair when I don't dye it. I'd rather not give it up, but I'd be okay with taking a break for the first part of 2013 if I cut it and let the pink grow out a bit.

Guys, I won a ticket to a concert for tonight! It's to see Amanda Palmer & the Grand Theft Orchestra. I'm hella nervous; I've never been to a concert on my own. I could spend an hour on public transit to get there, or wade through traffic, with no guarantee of a close parking spot. I guess I'll take the T, since it's going to be cold and I don't want to forget where I parked. I need to pick up cash after work for the coat check. I wish I could afford a t-shirt there.

Sleep: Boyfriend was exhausted last night and came to bed at the same time as me. Because of that, and him insisting on sleeping on the right side of the bed, I had a hard time falling asleep. My leg falls asleep (lawl) no matter how I lie if I'm on that side. I was too aggravated to say anything about it last night, but I will remind him tonight. Unfortunately, there are a number of large stains on the mattress, otherwise I'd have him contact the warranty company about replacement like Jenn did with her mattress.

Food: Dinner was baked chicken quarters (butter, pepper, salt) with some rice and broc. My knee is achy today (I say "achy" but it seriously hurts when I'm on the stairs, wish there was a way to combat that effect of too much omega-6 aside from just not eating it). It seems like the organic/free-range chicken that I get for the crock pot does not affect me like this. Chicken is so dang cheap though... I ate a bunch of my no-bake cookies with the mostly-valid excuse of "I need to not be hungry by the end of the night." Apparently, eating my treats and paleo baked goods is my way of fudging eating adequately. Breakfast was protein shake in coconut milk and a mug cake. I could barely eat it all. Lunch is the rest of the chicken soup. It might not be very much, but I'm pretty full from breakfast. Dinner tonight is pork butt or something (I didn't know this would include rib pieces or any bones, but apparently it does!) that I shoved garlic clove slices into (and put plenty of salt and pepper on) and seared in bacon grease last night, then tossed in the crock pot this morning with a decent pour of chicken stock. I hope it ends up tasty. I did some grocery shopping and found some good deals. Ended up spending more than I meant to, but we might be good for meat for the rest of the month. I have about a week to decide if I want to renew our BJ's membership.

Supplements: Current routine is kinda...complex sounding. But it's all become pretty easy for me over the past year or so of taking something regularly and different points in the day. I rarely forget anything anymore. I keep it all lined up on my counter so everything is always in sight when I'm at home. I recently doubled the dose of Inositol and the digestive enzyme, taking both two times a day, just 'cause.
    -Morning before breakfast: 1 tsp of prebiotic in small amount of water, then Vitamin C (still trying out 1 3/4 tsp) with L-Tyrosine (500mg), Vitex, Maca Root (1000mg), Zyrtec (might try not taking it soon, I don't think it's helping anything), and Inositol (500mg per capsule). With food: multivitamin, 8000IU Vit D, and digestive enzyme capsule.
    -During the day: every 4 hours after morning dose of Vit C, I take another. That usually means one around noon and one before I leave around 4pm.
    -Evening: Vit C when I get home and around 8 or 9pm, depending on when I took the last dose. Maca Root and Inositol when I get home (aka. on empty stomach). 100mg 5-HTP and digestive enzyme capsule with dinner, 150mg 5-HTP about an hour before bed.

Exercise: See my fitocrocy link! I did a little bit yesterday! Taking it pretty easy as I work my way back up to former numbers. I couldn't do many push-ups in general, but also because my cat was positioned to headbutt me every time I lowered. She likes to walk around me while I'm exercising on the floor.

Other: Boyfriend's dad is up for Mustang stuff this weekend. Contacting sister's ex again. Excited and nervous is just how I roll, I guess.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What kind of bed do you have? Some don't have stain clauses. And some stains you can get out with a carpet shampooer - if you can borrow one or rent one. You can also use peroxide on some stains and get them out pretty easily. I had a Sterns & Foster (S&F is to Sealy as Lincoln is to Ford) that had stains on it (dog seems to have a drooling problem when he's sleeping) that I had to get lifted before they'd let me exchange it. I used a peroxide based cleaner and it worked pretty well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'll have to check, I have no idea what the bed brand is. I remember Boyfriend telling me that stains voided the warranty, but it's worth knowing for sure, since this thing has such a huge dent in the middle now. I really want a non-pillow-top mattress!

I forgot to include the Pau D'Arco and oil of oregano in my supplements list. I'm taking them both 2x daily, P D'A on empty stomach, and OoO with meals.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My head is spinning after reading your regimen of supplemens! I do well just taking all mine in the morning or early afternoon - I have them all in one of those old people daily pill holders! I pour them into a ramikin (sp?) and set them next to the computer so I remember to take them while I'm looking at journals! Sounds like you have a good routine
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've thought about getting one of those pill containers, but some of my pills look the same and since I have to take things at different times (more than just twice a day, since some are before meal and some are during), it wouldn't really work for me.

Someday, I hope to be down to Vitamin D, a multi, and maybe allergy maintenance.

The concert was awesome. I just got back from therapy. My head is killing me and I feel nauseous. Apparently that's what TWO DRINKS will do to me. Fucking as;lkdfjla;skjf. I stayed home. I feel guilty, but also awesome. I want to blog about the concert experience, but losing this feeling of death warmed over in my brain (putrid, rotting, grossness? yes) would be preferable first.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alc...CTION=symptoms

How does one differentiate normal hangover from alcohol intolerance?
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 11-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Random thought: talking to Boyfriend over the past couple of weeks, talking about how I feel like self-injury is no big deal when I'm really down, but as soon as I snap out of it, I don't think there's anyway I could do it again. He said, "That's what addiction is like." I don't think I've ever had someone tell me that this is an addiction. It's been years, and I still think about it. I wonder what it will take to break the cycle. I want to break the cycle.

Bit moody today.