Page 238 of 776 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 238

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I realize that I did this kind of rationalizing for my birthday this year, too. Even if I make it about something fun that I want and don't need (or mostly don't need), I don't know what I'd ask for. It'd be nice to get some sweaters and new jeans (which is a want, my clothes are holding up fine), hence the gift cards. It'd be nice to splurge on some unnecessary groceries for baking or grass-fed beef (Whole Foods gift card), but that's a bit more responsible, I suppose. The yogurt maker would definitely be a want, and was kind of what I was thinking about anyway. Hell, even an Amazon gift card would be awesome. I'd be really happy to be able to buy some books without worrying about spacing out purchases.

Yeah, we're just talking regular tires. The ones on the Mustang are pretty...bad. At least I'll have heat while I'm sliding around on the ice?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Most Christmases (or whatever I'm calling it that year) I tend to ask for a few things I need and a lot of things I want. This year's needs are a good self protection pocketknife and a new Otterbox for my phone. The rest falls under "Ooh, shiny!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My mom is getting me a nice screen protector for my phone, but she doesn't seem to be counting it as anything towards Christmas. I think she wants to get me the yogurt maker. I will probably end up asking for that, though she's been keeping an eye on my Amazon wish lists, so I'm keeping those up to date.

I should ask for those heeled Oxfords I've been lusting after from Payless for Christmas. They're eligible for the current BOGO 1/2 off sale, so I could get any other pair of shoes normally less than $27 for the best deal ($27 for the Oxfords, plus 1/2 of the price of the other pair, which seems fairly reasonable for new shoes). Or I could put those on the wish list and not buy them at all!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hey, look, Heather257 wasn't permabanned! THey didn't even ban her MAC address. And Heather? Sweetheart? Even bad breath is better than spamming.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

That's my NK, valiantly defending my journal from the spamming hoarde.

[[fluttering lashes, clutches heart]]

Man, how many times can I post in one day?

for anyone interested...

Hair: It's been a fun 5 months, but my hair is now starting to break for the first time. My mom is going to help bleach my roots this weekend and I'll do a deep condition and re-pink, but if my hair is still tangling easily and breaking from time to time, I will probably start washing & conditioning more than once a week, and might need to cut it short. Not the end of the world. It might not be such a bad idea anyway, since my bleaching has been very inconsistent. If it gets much longer, the difference in shades would be very noticeable and odd. It's different shades of pink anyway, but I'm talking horizontal stripes, not layers! Ew. If I do need to cut it, I'll splurge for a cut at the local salon, not the chain (Haircuttery). That would be a good time to take a break from the pink and either stop bleaching or swap colors. We'll just have to see. I think the main problem is that the water is too hard at my apartment for my hair to thrive, both in color and texture.

Therapy: I'm out of hours covered by insurance, apparently. I don't even know how many sessions I can have in a year. My therapist put through the paperwork to request more. I'd honestly be okay with a long break from appointments. It would save me money and I feel like I'm doing well enough that going without therapy would not be detrimental to my mental health.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Most insurance companies require prior-auth for therapy - especially extended therapy - b/c it's not a common need. One example I can give is for physical therapy. I was able to see the therapist for 20 visits b/c that's what insurance would cover. After those 20, they had to request more sessions and give a justifiable reason for the need. Since you said you have a PPO, this is likely what is going on with your therapy - mine at the time was a PPO. Usually, if the doctor give a reason for needing more appointments, the insurance company will bend and allow it to happen. Especially with it being so close to the end of the year - they'd only have maybe 5 or so more appointments to pay out for.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I wonder how long it will take for them to get back. I'll probably email my therapist tomorrow if I don't hear from her.