Page 237 of 768 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 7672

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 237

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am also waiting for a shipment from Vitacost... it is currently 35 miles from my house, but isn't getting delivered til tomorrow... I wish I could just drive up to the UPS distribution center and pick it up myself instead of waiting til tomorrow...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think I might try this Maca Root business in capsule form. If it helps alleviate one more potential point of stress for me, it's a good thing. Perhaps I will look for it at Whole Foods tonight.

I think I will make bakeless cookies tonight. I'll need almond butter. I can get that and a pork roast at Trader Joe's.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm off to read the post after seeing Tomi mention it in her thread. Seeing you're interested in it to piques my interest a bit more.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I take Maca. It gives me energy has helped with hormonal regulation and um it does up the libido too.

Wow... spammer city today... I wonder if Mark is in the market for a spammer eradicator... I'd gladly take the job for a nominal salary.

I placed some things in my cart at Amazon using your widget. Maca and Double Strength Cod Liver Oil. Plan to buy them before the week ends.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I take Maca. It gives me energy has helped with hormonal regulation and um it does up the libido too.
    Yessss

I picked some up at Whole Foods last night. I took some last night and this morning with my on-empty-stomach supplements. Could just be today, could be getting all my eating right, but I feel a bit more positive and energetic. Maybe it will help with my low progesterone, or the efficacy of the Vitex. We'll see. I found a bottle that has 1,000mg per capsule, so I'll start with two capsules daily (morning and evening) and go from there.

Food: Moar soup last night. No mushrooms. The mushrooms were an odd addition, but I liked them and kind of missed them this time around. Maybe it was the change of flavor from Whole Foods chicken stock to my homemade stuff, though. I probably needed more salt and pepper, but I'm sure it will be even more tasty today since there were enough leftovers for both Boyfriend and me to have for lunch. I also made no-bake cookies. They were much runnier than I think they should be, though they firmed up well enough in the fridge. Googling for tips, I found that humidity can affect the outcome, so I will try them again on a less wet day. They are very sweet, though I only used 1/4 cup of honey, as opposed to the 1/3 in the recipe. Somehow the almond butter makes it seem a lot sweeter. I think they might need a little salt, but I'm not sure if that'd be an odd addition. Maybe I'll blog about them when I make a second batch. I don't think I'll make them for Thanksgiving since the outcome is so variable, though. This morning, I wasn't hungry again, but had a chocolate whey protein shake (1/2 can of full fat coconut milk, with some water for extra volume) and a no-bake cookie. Dinner will be baked chicken quarters, though I'm realizing right now that I don't really want them because of the omega-6. Ah well. I'm completely not hungry right now, so I'm sure that's affecting my judgement.

Sleep: I feel like I'm catching up, a little. I got to bed before 10:30 last night. I didn't think I would be able to fall asleep (I was feeling too happy), but then I was out for the whole night. I think I woke up a bit before my alarm, and got up with it. As soon as I left the bedroom, I felt like I could stay out of bed. Win!

Supplements: I tried 200mg of 5-HTP two nights ago, but I felt like my loneliness and depression kicked in differently and a bit earlier last night, so I went back to 250mg last night. I kept busy last night, which helped stave off the worst feelings, but I could tell it was not quite right. I might actually be able to knock back my Vitamin C dose a little again. I'm going to try it at 1 3/4 teaspoons (roughly 3.7g) per serving for the next 24 hrs or so. If that seems to work, I'll stay there until further "notice" from my body.

Exercise: Thought about kettlebells again this morning, but I dawdled on the computer so it didn't happen. I need to get in the habit of checking for urgent emails on my phone in the AM, but not turning on my computer.

Budget: Thinking about Christmas wishlists... I don't know what the budget is for what I can ask for from my parents. A totally non-responsible gift would be a gift card to Payless, Sally's Beauty Supply, Old Navy, or GAP. A more responsible gift would be a gift card to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, or a yogurt maker. A totally not-really-fun-at-all and responsible gift to ask for would be tires for the Mustang (from Craigslist, so I think it would fit within a reasonable budget). My family has done car stuff for gifts before and I would still really like and appreciate the gift. I just wonder how soon I'd be able to buy them on my own if I don't ask for them as a gift.

Car parts are in. Fingers crossed that we can get the car to my sister's ex's garage this weekend and replace the gasket. I need to talk to Boyfriend & his dad again, because Boyfriend and I were suddenly not sure last night about the overall state of the Mustang. Boyfriend was under the impression that it runs, but the gasket needs replacing before it should be driven. I was under the impression that it doesn't run BECAUSE the gasket needs replacing. I'm just worried that we'll have to tow it multiple times, if it doesn't start working after the gasket repair. I also need to ask if the battery holds a decent charge right now, or if that will need replacing ASAP.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The libido part is what I'm looking for... meee-yow! lol

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yessss

I picked some up at Whole Foods last night. I took some last night and this morning with my on-empty-stomach supplements. Could just be today, could be getting all my eating right, but I feel a bit more positive and energetic. Maybe it will help with my low progesterone, or the efficacy of the Vitex. We'll see. I found a bottle that has 1,000mg per capsule, so I'll start with two capsules daily (morning and evening) and go from there.

Car parts are in. Fingers crossed that we can get the car to my sister's ex's garage this weekend and replace the gasket. I need to talk to Boyfriend & his dad again, because Boyfriend and I were suddenly not sure last night about the overall state of the Mustang. Boyfriend was under the impression that it runs, but the gasket needs replacing before it should be driven. I was under the impression that it doesn't run BECAUSE the gasket needs replacing. I'm just worried that we'll have to tow it multiple times, if it doesn't start working after the gasket repair. I also need to ask if the battery holds a decent charge right now, or if that will need replacing ASAP.
    Mark's recommendation was 1.5 to 3 mg of maca daily. You're planning to take 4 mg... not sure what happens if you take too much...

As for the car, it shouldn't be driven b/c the head gasket is jacked. Having a bad gasket breaks the seal on the motor allowing things in that shouldn't be in (motors work in a vacuum) and lets things out that shouldn't get out (fuel, oil... can cause fire). Best to get it towed or you risk damaging the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    A totally not-really-fun-at-all and responsible gift to ask for...
    I hate not-really-fun-at-all and responsible gifts. Christmas is when I ask for things that I want, not need. I have to be responsible every other day of the year. For 2 years straight I bought textbooks with my Christmas money. I felt like a kid that found socks and underwear wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I hate not-really-fun-at-all and responsible gifts. Christmas is when I ask for things that I want, not need. I have to be responsible every other day of the year. For 2 years straight I bought textbooks with my Christmas money. I felt like a kid that found socks and underwear wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning.
    I'm with Booter. Christmas is about getting things you wouldn't buy yourself b/c you're too responsible to buy them. Allow people to get you fun gifts that you won't buy for yourself b/c of the car... if you need tires that badly, ask your parents for a loan... just as unfun as getting tires for Christmas is BUYING tires for Christmas - unless they're like mudslinger tires and rims for a truck you're trying to Redneck... THAT is fun tire buying... but not necessity tires... that's, like Booter said, like getting socks and underwear.