Page 234 of 751 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 7503

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 234

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have been in 4 car accidents in my life ( none my fault )..... 3 of them wee people hitting me during a snow event. One of them was pretty bad. Took me a long time before i could drive in the snow again, due to fear.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeesh, sorry about the PP. I've only been in one accident. I was forced off the road by two aggressive pick-up truck drivers. The roads were slick and I spun out. Luckily, there was a grassy area so we slid on that before scraping along the median. Insurance covered the damage and I paid my boyfriend the deductible since it was his car and I was driving. I had to drive home from that trip a few days later, so it kind of knocked any fear out of me by necessity.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh my word! While we're on a roll with polite political discussions, why not religion? I posted on Facebook "I wonder how long it will take for us to have a non-cis-male or non-Christian president. It took 44 tries till we got a non-white president. I hope I get to see one of those in my lifetime." I think I phrased it a bit awkwardly, but you probably get the gist. Anyway, my cousin (one I have not seen in maybe 13 years, not really in touch with) pipes in with "You already got your wish...". My sister messaged me about it, said it pissed her off to see that. I had immediately responded with a link to this. It pissed me off too, but then it made me laugh. She's still posting, saying Obama doesn't believe in religious freedom yada yada. Sigh. I try to be respectful. There was definitely a better way for her to post her thoughts. Seems very aggressive to me, which is not a way to win supporters. Then again, maybe she doesn't want to.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    A vampire guy has tried to run for President, among other things.
    Jonathon Sharkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

She attacked my sister, so, done with that. Not sure if I should unfriend her. She's family, even if I haven't spoken to or seen her in maybe 13 years. She's my mom's niece and we're not really close with that side of the family. I'd feel a bit bad cutting ties, but this is not the first time she's been rude about religious topics to me on FB. I hope my mom is not hurt over this.

So...non-human could also be an option

I actually think it will take a long time before a non-Christian achieves office.

From Wikipedia (yay wiki!) "The largest religion in the US is Christianity, practiced by the majority of the population (76% in 2008)."

While I don't believe the President should show favoritism or anything - I do think that the leader of our country should represent the majority of citizens.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Also wow... that lady is a bit nuts!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

I forget sometimes how much of a majority Christianity holds in the US population. It will probably be a long time. At least we were closer to having a woman for presidency when Hilary Clinton ran. I wasn't a supporter, but she got decently close.

That cousin was the daughter of a Catholic missionary. I've only ever heard nice things about him. I didn't know him well either, he passed away a couple of years ago. I can't imagine he would have been as aggressive as his daughter is now about this kind of thing. I hope he would not have been. My mom was really crushed at his passing because they had not kept in as close contact as she would have liked.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't trust wiki... college taught me not to b/c there is too much freedom to change what is written... I instead use the 'references' that are posted on wiki topics to gather my research and judge that research on how credible the site seems to be based on what my professors told me to look for in 'credible' sites (do they cite their references, do their references cite their references, etc).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I DoN'T WANT NO MUsLIN IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!