Page 233 of 678 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 6779

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 233

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    My doctor's office always has appointments available with someone day-of, though your preferred doctor might not have availability until the next week, but that's not so bad. Boyfriend HATES this office because of their billing practices. It's pretty normal, as far as I've come to understand, for an office not to actually poll insurance for billing until several weeks after the appointment. No idea why. That means you might get a bill for leftover lab charges and whatnot about a month after the actual appointment. Or even later! He claims that he got 0 bills whatsoever for more than 3 months and then got slapped with all of them at once. I don't know if he ever would have had the money to pay them off (maybe he could have called the billing department, they would have been able to see he'd never been sent bills, and they could've waived the billing charge for a few months), but it's too late now to try and work anything out. The bills finally went to a collection agency and are still accruing "interest" ($5 billing charge) every time they come in.

We're really hoping his overtime will pay all that off within the next couple of months. He still has some bills from shoulder surgery that his parents were supposed to pay for with money from their FSA. They were also supposed to pay for his bed that they bought him almost 3 years ago, but he ended up having to make a settlement with the collection agency because they stopped paying over a year ago. That's $700 he should not have had to pay this year. Grumble grumble grumble.

I cooked ahead last night, so I might not even have to make dinner tonight. I had another glass of wine (really really should throw it out, but I'm stupid) and two squares of the pumpkin pie (probably less than two slices worth of filling). Dinner was mostly nibbling on leftover crock pot chicken and some potatoes that were half-cooked. When I made beef stew this past weekend, there was too much liquid after the frozen pearl onions cooked, and we had a blonde moment where we thought more potatoes would soak it up (no, stupid, leave off the lid!). I finished boiling them last night and slathered them in butter. They were really tasty, since they'd taken in some of the flavor of the stew after sitting in it for about an hour. I have some more of that, plus chicken and broc, for lunch today. I didn't have breakfast today.

I think I was in bed and possibly asleep by 11 last night. I've been exhausted every morning this week. Part of it might be from running out of Vitamin D (should arrive today). I should shower earlier so I can get to bed by 10:30 tonight.

My Vitacost shipment arriving today should also include coconut flour! I am going to hunt long and hard for a good recipe worth trying with it. I think muffins or cupcakes would be nice, and another viable option for Thanksgiving breakfast. I've been craving cream cheese lately. I think I'm ready to try eating small amounts of yogurt again. I really hope I can tolerate it. If I'm no longer lactose intolerant, I will ask for a yogurt maker for Christmas so I don't have to worry about keeping the crock pot liner warm enough during the winter months.

Brain is okay. Mood is okay. Still dipping in the evenings, but not as bad as Monday.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Edit to add: single payer is where all medical fees are paid through one fund. Much like they have in England. The government pays in, employers pay in, people pay in through taxes. When someone goes to the doctor the fund pays out. This works great until you collect $1 billion and by August it is gone. Now by the end of the year you have spent $2 billion and what covers the excess? Do you ration care? Do you deny care? Do you let people die? Do you make people wait longer for care? Do you borrow the money? Do you start charging more etc...
    We already pay well over half of what other Western countries with single-payer systems chip in. I find it rather hard to believe that if you remove CEO compensation, advertising, lobbying, and profiteering, and continue to pay in at ~ the same level as now, that we would run out of money. If anything, rates should come down or the SP system would build a rainy day surplus.

Nameless Wonders: New England weather

Despite varying moods, my self-esteem has been pretty decent this week. I have felt attractive most days, if not for the whole day. Boyfriend is letting me know that he finds me attractive too. I mean, he does usually. Maybe I am just noticing it more, and his improved mood from the new job is helping too. Taking the car to work gives me the opportunity to dress up if I choose to. I haven't taken advantage of that yet, but I probably will. I need to set up my tripod somewhere in the apartment so I can take pictures of my silly outfits sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    If anything, rates should come down or the SP system would build a rainy day surplus.
    That's funny. I actually LOL'd. You said "build a rainy day surplus" when referring to a government agency!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You're unafraid to drive in the snow and the bad part is, so are people in Alabama. Except you probably know how to drive in the snow, whereas these yahoos don't. Plus, 1 inch of snow shuts most everything down anyway. It's the joyriders who cause the most trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Boyfriend is letting me know that he finds me attractive too. I mean, he does usually. Maybe I am just noticing it more, and his improved mood from the new job is helping too.
    This made me think of "I'm back in the saddle again" by Aerosmith.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I don't think there are a ton more accidents around here when it snows, but people still drive more stupidly. Much more aggressive than usual. I think they think that's going to be safer somehow. "Time to get home GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY SNOW AND OTHER DRIVERS." Yup. Great plan.

My safe driving is driving a little slower than usual (keeping to speed limits, or lower, if necessary), and making sure I start out slowly to avoid skidding tires. I don't know much about recovery in case of a spin out, but that's probably something I should learn.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    That's funny. I actually LOL'd. You said "build a rainy day surplus" when referring to a government agency!
    True, they'd raid the coffers for pork projects just like SS.

What was I thinking.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    True, they'd raid the coffers for pork projects just like SS.

What was I thinking.
    Agreed. I am not opposed to single payer on paper. I just know in reality it has many drawbacks - dishonest politicians etc.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Speaking of insurance... open enrollment is next week. I need to see what it would cost to bump my medical up to a family plan and have primary/secondary on everyone. Might be beneficial... might not be... we'll have to see.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)