Page 223 of 798 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 223

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I much prefer Colbert and Stewart's recaps than the actual debates

I am very much in support of Obama. I'm glad her parents shut that down quickly. "No politics at the table!"
    Le Sigh. That's like saying I like to talk to the Chik-fil-a cows about whether chicken or beef is better for me.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Well, to be fair, let me add that it goes both ways; some people believe every thing Fox News says. I guess it all depends on which way you want your slant to lean, right or left. I actually like news that I don't fully agree with, that way I know why I don't agree with them, instead of just going along with everything like sheep.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Liz is probably about an hour away, so not that bad, since that doesn't take into account how Boyfriend drives.

Safely. He drives safely.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    And that's as much as I ever want to discuss politics here! I'm so glad that election day is less than 2 weeks away. I'm looking forward to people not getting so angry on Facebook or obsessing over the stupid debates. I much prefer Colbert and Stewart's recaps than the actual debates

I hear that. After the election we can all go back to being friends again... But for now, it doesn't matter which candidate someone supports, my candidate clearly won the debate and yours told a pack of lies; my candidate was spirited and feisty yet respectful and yours was rude and smirking; my candidate laid out a clear agenda and yours delivers only vague promises; my candidate isn't perfect but by golly he has the nation's best interests at heart, while yours caters to special interest groups; my candidate sticks to his guns, but your candidate has clearly changed positions on multiple issues; etc. You can make the same arguments for or against either Romney or Obama with equal conviction, and everything either guy says fulfills pre-existing confirmation biases.

Well said.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have my candidate chosen as well. I won't disclose who it is, but it is not the person I am voting for, but rather the party because the party (as a whole) agrees with the same principles as me. Anyhow, that being said, there is a commercial by Obama about how he's going to stop giving the oil companies money to help fund college to educate people so they can get great jobs, yada yada yada... two things.

1.) If there aren't jobs to GET, an education isn't going to amount to shit - said our friend NK!! lol not really, but she is in a position to say it...

2.) If we stop giving money to oil companies, won't they use that as an excuse to raise gas prices, making it impossible for me and every other pay check to pay check economist to get to work???

I like the idea behind it (make our people smarter, thus more marketable, thus able to earn a larger paycheck) but I don't see how it'll work without screwing things up even more... just sayin'. Maybe I'm missing something. If so, please enlighten me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I know I would like less student loans! hehe. Things are so much more complicated than the debates and smear campaigns and commercials reveal. It's frustrating that it's really DIFFICULT to get accurate information. Hell, even the websites for the candidates aren't straight-forward! But that's politics for you. Slippery bastards.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The other day I lumped the food industry into the same category as politicians... My mom and I were discussing gluten-free and I told her there are more than 100 ingredients that are put into foods that are gluten containing ingredients but no where on the label will the ingredient "gluten" be listed (she was looking for the word "gluten"). I told her that the food industry is as crooked as Washington, and quite honestly, it angers me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Both candidates are claiming jobJobsJOBS! The one has been claiming it since he started this last time round, and the other hopped on the bandwagon. Both are full of shit. I have probably one of the highest educations in the area, and a lib arts major can get a job when I can't.
    If you cut funding to oil companies, they'll ust take it out on their employees and safety measures while raising gas prices because they can.
    I despise both parties, but I'm leaning one way because the idea of the other one just scares the shit out of me. Unfortunately, in TX, my vote doesn't count for squat because the electoral votes here ALWAYS go to a certain political party. If that party gets elected to the presidency, I'd say read "The Handmaid's Tale," because that's where it'll go PDQ.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Given my gut's activity today, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my general malaise is some kind of detox. Maybe this is a good sign. I found a cookie recipe that I shouldn't make (should still be avoiding nuts), but probably will. I just need ground cloves and maple syrup. I think we even have some Halloweeny cookie cutters stashed somewhere (taken from my parents house, since they never bake now, for Boyfriend, who hasn't used them yet).

Nameless Wonders: Changing it up

Working grocery list:
    -stock up on meat (want to visit local chain that has great prices and grass-fed beef for $4.49 or something pretty good like that, which probably means going Saturday AM as soon as they open)
    -eggs (going to splurge on a few dozen good quality ones, which probably means visiting a local farm)
    -apples (Trader Joe's has bags for a decent price, I really want McIntosh for applesauce, organic if possible)
    -bananas
    -coconut milk (Whole Foods)
    -raw honey or local maple syrup (on the fence about this since I'm not sure I won't go overboard with them, but they'd be good to have in the pantry)
    -asparagus
    -onions
    -carrots