Page 222 of 798 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 222

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member

There we go. It's a little poofy. Pardon my raised eyebrow, makes my face look crooked.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I liked bagels well enough. They were an easy breakfast food. What frustrated me most is for all the bread I ate, it was never filling. I was skinny like ze rail.

Good idea with the curry. We'll see where they order from. The friend is paleo, so I'm not worried about a lack of options. I'd rather not go "off plan" because I'm uncomfortable enough with most foods right now anyway.

The blushing: I have always been prone to blushing really, really easily (usually when embarrassed or when someone draws attention to me when I wasn't expecting it, but also when I'm uncomfortable/nervous in social situations). It might have a biological reason behind it, like an excess of B vitamins or hormones or something. My mom is like that too, I think. I'm not sure if she grew out of it, but I haven't yet. It can be really frustrating and even MORE embarrassing when someone draws attention to it! My face literally heats up. It has decreased a bit with my overall reduction in anxiety going Primal, but has been a little worse lately.

I blush too. This past weekend, a good friend of ours had an 18th birthday party for her daughter. I like to sass her ... and her wife (long story there), so when her wife was jabbing me about how much scruffier my beard was since the last time we saw them ~ 2 weeks ago, I told her that was so she had something to hold onto. She came back with, that's what *Mindy's ears are for. Definitely caught me by surprise, won that match.

*Name changed, obv.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Have a good time tonight!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I really like that app. Not sure why but I do. Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses it.
    There's a really good reason why you like it -- a past forum member co-developed it.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26202.html

Rivvin, he of the angry sandwich.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm going to get some Natural Calm tonight. That's one of the less debilitating GAPS-approved constipation cures. It should also help with muscle tension (since it's magnesium). Hopefully, it's not too unpleasant tasting, but I could always pick up some more apple cider
    I was going to recommend Natural Calm. Careful, I usually have a big blow out when I first start it. (sorry TMI). If you get the plain, it is sour. I put it in tea as it cuts the flavor and NC works best in hot water. Sometimes I just run hot water out of the tap, add NC and chug.

PS Thanks for the reminder about 5 htp. It is giving me the benefits of Prozac without the heavy drug effects and weight gain.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-24-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Pebbles - Clearing the pipes is a welcome, if unpleasant, occurrence these days. I could always have warm cider with it . I hope to pick some up tonight, since I was busy/too tired last night. I'm glad 5-HTP is helping you! I wish more people would give it a shot over SSRI's.

Last night: Rejuvenating is probably the best way I can describe it. It was so wonderful to see this family again and feel like it hadn't been 5 years since we last chatted. They are basically the same. I got the 20-questions from my friend's dad about my current life situation and Boyfriend (Liz and Boyfriend "dated" for about a week in high school) and plenty of teasing about my hair (Liz was a hair-dresser and her dad has always given me a hard time about the weird colors). I expected all of it, just like old times. I had 1 1/2 glasses of wine, which was too much for my mostly empty stomach, and I had a headache by the time I got home, but it was so fun. Liz invited me to their rehearsal dinner on Thursday; parking is free and the meal is covered, so we're gonna go!

Food: I ate over at Liz's last night so she picked out some paleo-friendly stuff for both of us. I just had some re-heated butternut squash this morning with cinnamon. I had to go sit in the bathroom for fear of vomiting after, but I think it's because I hadn't eaten enough before taking my multi. The feeling passed and I was able to get to work only a little late (I also had to rush to the bathroom for another reason, and my gut still hurts a bit like I might need to do that again). I have leftover Chinese food for lunch today . I think I'll finally pick up that chicken to make in the crock pot tonight. I could cook it overnight on Thursday, have some for breakfast/lunch on Friday, and have the bone broth going while we're out at the wedding.

Mood/brain: Since the regular addition of 5-HTP, I feel like my moods have become much more steady. My anxiety is also abating somewhat. I don't feel as peppy as I did with the DLPA, but I feel like I'm more than just "getting by" right now. I'll probably still try DPA at some point, but no need to spend that money right now. Maybe it's the essential oils too, but I won't really know until I run out. I'm really happy to notice that my obsessive tendencies about food are diminished. I feel like eating wheaty or sugary things is a conscious decision now, and it's easy for me to walk away from things that used to be really tempting. I mostly just don't view those things as food anymore, but I would still like to indulge in some of my old favorite things when I have the opportunity to enjoy them (if they're good quality). Like buttery croissants, or chocolate croissants. The bakery my sister used to work at made delicious croissants, so greasy with butter, but with just the right balance of flake and softness.

Physical stuff: My stomach mostly appears a bit swollen lately. It's flatter this morning than it has been for a couple of weeks, but still feels too big. My legs look thinner, so I just went to weigh myself in the supply room at work: 118. Fuck. There's some more weight to lose before it gets dangerous, but I'm scared. I'm pretty slim as it is. My pants still fit at the waist because of the bloat, but they fit differently now. BTW, still not exercising. I wish I could, but I think I need to reserve all my energy for healing right now. I'm tempted to start taking L-Glutamine again, since I know that wasn't causing the constipation (since I haven't used it in a couple of months now).

I had my first real-life discussion with another paleo person yesterday (I've mentioned before, Liz runs Paleo On A Budget, which is semi-inactive over the summer because she is also a wedding photographer)! I told her about my recent gut issues and she started to go into consultation mode. "We should make a list of what you're eating and start writing down--" I cut her off because I started cracking up. She doesn't have to do that for me! I might take her up on the assistance to rule out issues (I should read up on FODMAPS), but I'm going to see what the doc says on Friday first. She said it sounds like leaky gut, which GAPS would likely help with (and the amino acids are helping with the stress-reduction aspect). I still need to finish reading the GAPS thread here on MDA and then see if someone will lend me the book. My local library doesn't have it (checked the online catalog).

Boyfriend is missing his last soccer game of the season because he slept all day yesterday and was up all night. His gut is still hurting him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he goes to the doctor today. I even gave him the co-pay for it. I have no idea if he'll go today, but hopefully he will, because otherwise I don't know how I'll get him to go tomorrow. I guess I could threaten to take a long lunch break just to get him there. He might feel guilty enough to go.

Visiting old best friends is great for the soul. My best friend leaves a couple hours away, we don't talk anymore (neither are big phone-talkers, plus we're both busy) but our wives usually coordinate times for my family to go stay a night or two with them. He has 2 girls, both a little older than my boys. My friend and I can catch up in a hour or so, then we fall back into our same old conversation pattern like we leave next door and see each other every day. We don't have to talk to have a good time, we just enjoy each others company. So good for you, refueled the soul it sounds like.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

She really doesn't live far, so visiting more often is completely a possibility. I've just been so wrapped up in restricting myself (to only good foods, keeping expenses down, etc.) that I didn't even think about driving up once I got comfortable driving last year (she can't drive stick, and they only have one car). She suggested figuring out a shopping day when Boyfriend and I can come up to hang, get some lunch, and check out some outlet stores near her apartment. I think Boyfriend and her soon-to-be-hubby would get along pretty well, so hopefully we could leave them on their own and go shopping without dragging them along =P

There was an awkward moment in which I was reminded that politics should never come up in discussion between us. She's fairly conservative (doesn't fit her personality to me at all, very surprising), and apparently supports Romney. I am very much in support of Obama. I'm glad her parents shut that down quickly. "No politics at the table!"

And that's as much as I ever want to discuss politics here! I'm so glad that election day is less than 2 weeks away. I'm looking forward to people not getting so angry on Facebook or obsessing over the stupid debates. I much prefer Colbert and Stewart's recaps than the actual debates

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like a nice visit with your friend. I'm glad you had fun. Does she live close by? I can't remember if you said or not and I'm too lazy to look. Maybe you could make it a point to get together every couple of weeks or so for dinner and girl time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)