Page 221 of 768 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 7675

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 221

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have an awesome app on my phone called Out of Milk. It was free but has an upgraded for a fee version. It has a "pantry list" where I keep all the stuff I usually have on hand. I move those items that I need to buy to a "shopping list" when I find we are low. The shopping list will keep the price of the item, allows you to check if it is tax-free, and allows you to enter in the amount you may have in coupons for that item.

I have 3 pantry lists: Walmart grocery, Walmart Non-grocery, and HyVee. HyVee is where I buy the bulk of my groceries b/c the produce and meat is fresher (plus the meat comes from Iowa, not whoknowswhere). I go through my HyVee pantry list, copy things I need to my HyVee shopping list where it creates a total cost for my groceries. I do the same for Walmart and Walmart Non-grocery (diapers, cat liter, etc). This makes grocery shopping easier b/c I know how much I will be spending.

It also has a "to do" feature. This is where I place our menu for the week, but I have been known to use it for your every day to-do list too. You can have as many grocery lists, pantry lists and to do lists as you want (I think... never had enough to "max" it out). Not sure what comes with the paid version - probably ad free. The free version also includes a barcode scanner for easy entry of pantry items. The only thing I don't like about the scanner is that it displays the item upside down, which makes scanning tricky, but not impossible.

Anyhow, if you're looking for a cool "list/grocery" app, that's what I have and I love it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Yes, that's what I use! I keep forgetting to fill out the pantry list, but I use the shopping list all the time and just change what I need. I've never entered the prices before, but that's a great idea. I can do some mental shopping before I even go out. Would make grocery trips much quicker so I'm not wracking my brain or wandering back and forth to check things. I'll definitely play around with that more over the next couple of weeks.

Right now, we're doing really well with groceries for the month, even including "treat" stuff for myself, like coconut milk. Need to stock up on meat again soon, but we have at least a few days before that gets dire.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I really like that app. Not sure why but I do. Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I decided to ingest the epsom salts (dose is 2-4 teaspoons, I took 3 hidden in a tall glass of apple cider). Ugh. Blegh. Seems like there's either not enough or too much with that stuff. I'm not sure when/if I should try them again so I can have at least a few days of regularity. I'd like to not be in terrible discomfort for the wedding on Friday. Speaking of which, I should be seeing that friend tonight! Her parents live a few streets away from us, so I'll be strolling over after work. I don't think I've seen her in 5 years. I'm kinda nervous. I basically lived at her house for a couple of years in high school and was pretty tight with her little sister (5 years younger) and their parents. It should be great, but you know me: I worry.

Boyfriend had a team dinner last night so I made bacon, butternut squash, and coconut milk hot cocoa. The TJ's light coconut milk is much more tolerable when watered down ><. I roasted the squash seeds this morning. Oh yes, and I ate the whole package of bacon. I made it in my cast iron to see if it would help with the seasoning and it came out nice and crispy. I "cleaned" the smaller pan this morning by making fried eggs in bacon grease (over easy, always). My favorite way to clean them

Boyfriend is having tummy troubles too, though not the same as mine. Mostly just pain, like gas that won't release. He wants to give it another day to resolve itself and then go see a doc because he's worried about the cost. His last visit ended up being more than expected. I may ask to see the bill to see if it's an issue with the doctor he's seeing (not in plan for him) or unnecessary labs. In this case, I can't imagine there would be extra charges to get his stomach prodded. They'll probably just tell him to take some OTC gas relief for a week and see if that helps. This makes me absurdly angry. Potential causes/factors: all he's been eating for MONTHS is ramen and what I make for dinner and cookies/brownies, he wonders if it's stress (he has been acting stressed, but he doesn't seem to know what it's about), he eats TOO MUCH when given the chance (like last night at the team dinner). If he'd just eat better meals, REGULARLY instead of once, maybe twice a day, I think he'd feel a lot better. Funny how that sounds so simple to me (and I'm sure many of you), but is so daunting to some people.

Starting to feel a little sick. My ear was twinging last night and this morning a little bit. My neck glands feel swollen and I'm having some pain around one of them that extends around to the side of the base of my skull (below/behind the ear). That part could just be tension, since it hurts in a relieving way when I rub it. I'm also feeling pressure in my head that's not like the usually allergy-sinus pressure. It's not surprising that I'd be more prone to illness given my current state (fucked up gut resulting in fucked up immune response?), but it still sucks.

Guess I'll load up on Vitamin D even more!

Sucks. Hard to pin down what's causing it, unless it's sort of a web of causes as you say.

Sometimes when my gut is queasy I eat a little bleu cheese and it seems to clear it up, no idea why.

Try deep breathing to relieve the tension...

I'm going to get some Natural Calm tonight. That's one of the less debilitating GAPS-approved constipation cures. It should also help with muscle tension (since it's magnesium). Hopefully, it's not too unpleasant tasting, but I could always pick up some more apple cider

ezeflier is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I keep to-do lists at work and grocery lists on my phone. What I do need to do is keep lists of things that are good so I focus less on negativity. I used to write gratitude lists occasionally, and I think I should get back into the habit.
    I like this.. Focusing on gratitude is a relatively new practice for me, but it helps me remember how much in my life that's working OK is really out of my control. And that helps me let go a bit.

Cheers,

Matt-

I am getting more and more excited about seeing my friend tonight. I've been thinking about what I'll wear all day. I've been worrying about whether my hair looks stupid or cute, but can't get a good picture of it (my webcam software isn't working on my work laptop and I'm displeased with the phone camera results). I was invited to dinner (Chinese, which probably means I'll have what she's having, or I'll get steamed chicken/veggies & rice). I'm going to drink wine. I'm going to blush furiously because that's what I do and have always done with that family.

And for Boyfriend, I am bringing him a chocolate chip bagel from work (there's also meat in the fridge, I don't mean it to sound like I'm giving him this for dinner). These are historically a FAVORITE of mine. Toast them and apply liberal amounts of butter. Eat the dripping bagels. So, so good. Someday, if my gut ever recovers enough to tolerate wheaty things like that again (though the pizza didn't seem to destroy me), I am going to have a chocolate chip bagel, toasted, with butter. I laughed when I saw them because we don't have a toaster anymore. It got moldy in my parents basement (everything gets moldy down there) and I tossed it when we moved into the apartment, since I didn't imagine I'd need to toast anything, and Boyfriend never does.

Answers: cute; curry?; drink!; blush.

Some Chinese places have sort of a pan-Asian menu stuck to the usual gloppy Chinese sauce stuff. Curry might be the safest bet. If not, I'd say screw the steamed dish, that sounds boring as crap, I'd rather just hog on bad stuff than eat cardboard.

Yay for wine!

What's the blushing about?

Oddly, I used to love bagels, especially with cream cheese, but really don't crave them now. The thought of them makes me woozy, it's like the biggest carb bomb outside of... a spaghetti sandwich with a bagel bun. Bagels, wow, no wonder I got fattied up. Those bastard bagel shops were close to where I used to work, and now I cringe to think how many I shoved down the gullet.