Page 220 of 776 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 220

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't feel bad. I ate a deer burger on a whole wheat bun, 2 hotdogs (on buns), chips, and a glass of coke zero last night. It was awesome...for about 2 hours, then I had indigestion.
    This morning I have achy muscles, which seems to be want happens when I eat bread.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't feel too bad about the pizza. Having a bad physical reaction to it helps reinforce the idea of it being bad food and that I shouldn't have it. That was really hard for me for a long time, so I'm actually grateful that I just can't tolerate stuff like that anymore. And really, I'd rather have a cool baked primavera thing like what NK posted in the recipe forum. Nitrate-free pepperoni sounds really delicious right now! I've been meaning to get digestive enzymes for a while now. I'm hoping it'll help overall, but it'd be cool if I could eat dairy by taking them. For cheese, yogurt, and grass-fed milk. I miss my yogurt!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Since last Tuesday: sushi (night before a funeral, didn't feel like cooking); sandwich, chips, and a crappy pasta salad (funeral); mac and cheese and fried chicken (retirement party); hot dog with bun, Italian sub, chips (birthday party). No symptoms of bad food overload except that I am so ready for real food again it's unreal. Wasn't guilty about eating crap food, but I am seriously hankering for meat and veg. With this cool weather, I think I need to defrost my Berkshire pork shoulder and roast that baby up with some garlic and rosemary.

Steak cravings are seriously the best cravings.

I have been craving bone broth of all things. It's so hard to get motivated lately, but I really freaking want to make some! I can get a nice cheap organic chicken at Trader Joe's, some onions & carrots... Maybe some asparagus to go with the chicken, we haven't had that in ages. I so wish Boyfriend would get on the squash train. I still need to cook up the butternut squash that I bought. Damn, that could easily be a treat with some cinnamon! Screw (treat) baking.

At least I feel happy thinking about making these things, instead of stressed. So they will be super enjoyable when I make them! Boyfriend and I did have a discussion about the cooking arrangement recently and I feel a lot better about it. Once soccer ends after Wednesday, he's going to do more dinner cooking for us so I get a bit of a break before he starts working full-time with lots of overtime (which means back to me cooking all the time). We're going to attempt a new way to communicate to each other in the kitchen, when we feel like the other needs to bugger off. Maybe the code word "bananas" is not the best to use for kitchen-related issues...

Maybe use GMO as a code word.

"Cook your steak a little longer, you don't want mad cow disease!"
    "GMO cookie monster, GMO"
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Hahah, that's good actually, as we probably wouldn't discuss GMO's that much, if at all. "Bananas" is our everyday convo safe word. It means, "No, I'm dead serious, knock it off" when we're joking around and someone has had enough, or if we are arguing and we should really take a break until we calm down. It always works well, haven't had to use it for a long time, but I usually forget it when I need it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had gluten free pizza Saturday night. Yum. I just guzzled down a large gas-station style cappuccino... white chocolate with a splash of hot chocolate. Yummo. It's kicking my ass already though.

I wonder if your trader joe's (or similar store) would have beef bones laying about that you could have for real cheap. Prolly be cheaper than the whole chicken. Just a thought. I've never looked for them before.

I get to go to lunch with some work people... I always feel like the "odd man out" when I go with them. I don't have a place in any of their conversations, I get paid a 1/3 of what they get paid, and I'm about 20 years younger than all of them... I don't fit. AT. ALL. And will probably end up driving myself, which just makes me want to stay at the office and hermit... but I did like the guy who's leaving and I did RSVP, so I should probably go. Already decided on the chef salad... since I just had that super huge cappuccino deal and I'm pretty well full already. I already feel like I don't belong, so not eating while everyone else eats will probably just alienate me all the more...

Anyhow, I hope the salts help you again. If not, the pizza should certainly do the trick!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The regular grocery stores have some beef bones, all sliced up with the marrow exposed. I don't recall the pricing, but they would not be organic or from pastured animals. I don't know how bad the bone broth could be if made from CAFO animal bits. I mean, I wonder how it changes the nutritional composition. Something to consider, anyway. I haven't experimented with bones outside of chicken for broth so far.

I doubt the pizza is going to help my gut in any sense. So far, nothing. I WISH it could have that effect on me. My gut feels heavier than usual and I feel nauseated again. Good thing I brought ginger tea with me today.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    We had a VCR tape rental place in the little town I grew up in called The Video Center.
    We still have that place in the little town of Monticello, Georgia.

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/...ideoCenter.jpg

NW, do you work with lists a lot? You mentioned being overwhelmed with things...you probably already know that lists help and already have 'em Anywho, sorry to hear about the pizza. I hope it doesn't rear its ugly head past what sounded like indigestion.

I keep to-do lists at work and grocery lists on my phone. What I do need to do is keep lists of things that are good so I focus less on negativity. I used to write gratitude lists occasionally, and I think I should get back into the habit.