Page 208 of 676 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 6753

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 208

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope you're feeling better soon. You said magnesium does nothing for you ......... and the vitamin C doesn't seem to be working at the moment either. Have you tried epsom salts in a big glass of warm water? Sometimes warm things will get the plumbing moving - and the epsom salts, although just magnesium might work better than just a magnesium pill since its already disolved and stuff? Boy --- magnesium gives me a thorough wash out! I can't imagine it not working like that for everyone.

anyway - sorry your feeling yucky.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Epsom salts are a form of magnesium. Last time I tried them, they just upset my stomach and nothing happened.

The Vitamin C is working, I just have to take much larger dose than I expected. I'm now up to 12g to get things moving. I don't know what's up with my body. I should only have to take it "till saturation" which means if I'm taking this much, my body is using it up for something. If this continues all week, I'm going back to the doctor

Lots of rumbling and discomfort, not much action today. Some is better than none. I think I'll have a little rice with coconut oil, too lazy/worn out to make food.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

OOf.

[SUPER TMI ALERT]
    Okay, so I thought coconut oil would be safe. I had started using it at one meal a day and no ill effects (previously, too much ended in vomiting and diarrhoea...oops). I think a combination of high doses of vitamin C and increasing the coconut oil intake (a couple servings a day, not that much though) was noooooot a good plan. I'm still eliminating and it...smells like coconut oil. Dear gods, I hope this ends soon.[/TMI]

All you need to know is that I feel terrible. My mom is bringing me tea and soup, I think. She might've gotten trapped in traffic.

I'm not sure what dose of Vit C to use going forward. I'll do a lighter dose tonight and something middling tomorrow.

Soup my mom got has soymilk in it. Sigh. I felt so bad because she got stuck in traffic for me that I didn't have it in me to tell her when she dropped it off. Labels are a reflex for me now, and I forget that others do not check them.

I made a rice pudding that NK described in the evil rice thread. Rice, coconut milk, egg, spices, nuke it & stir every 30 sec. It took about 5 minutes, I think. I added some raw local honey, it was pretty tasty. I'll probably try it again, but on the stovetop. I'll also try it with uncooked rice sometime.

All in all, I had a bowl of rice (with coconut oil), bowl of rice pudding (rice, egg, coconut milk, pumpkin spice, RLH, and extra nutmeg), and a can of sardines. Oh right, and leftover hot carob (better with the vanilla extract) and some ginger tea with RLH. Once the gut started misbehaving, I was not feeling like eating (all of that was in the AM except the pudding).

I'm feeling totally worn out and still very physically bleh. And mentally. I'm scared to miss more work, but I think it might be best if I do.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Don't do 24 push-ups next time. Do 25. Always try to improve even if it's only by one lil' push-up. I really hope you figure out what is going on with your system. Do you use any digestive enzymes or know whether you need to use them?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    You've been taking stuff to 'get things moving' for a good bit now... I think maybe it moved all at once.
    That's how those things often worked for me when I previously had to use them because I had some chronic issues in that department.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame just the coconut oil.
    Though I suppose it could have been the straw that broke the camels back.
    I was actually going to suggest you try that if the other didn't help soon...

Good luck getting things to normalize now that the gates have opened... that is the tricky part.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yeah, normalizing has been the tricky part for the past couple of months, really. Things will move, but not easily enough. Then too easily. Then they stop moving again and I start the process over. I missed a day of work about a month ago for basically the same reason.

I'm out again today. Anxiety is high. Trying to dose myself just right with Tryptophan. Shed some tears last night, was glad Boyfriend was there.

Time for some ginger tea and Doctor Who. We might go to IHOP later.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    make sure you ask for no pancake batter in your omelet. Yes, if you were unaware, they put pancake batter in their omelets to make them "fluffy".

I hope things get figured out soon. Reading up on your situation reminded me that I haven't gone since maybe Sunday? I know I didn't Monday b/c I slept all day. Don't remember if I did on Tuesday and know I didn't yesterday... Take 500 mg of Magnesium nightly and that used to work like a charm... maybe now that I'm back to 100% primal my body is just holding onto the goodies for a little longer b/c it's so happy with what I'm giving it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I tend to avoid the omelets altogether and get eggs in such a way where they have no choice but to use shell eggs. fried eggs, bacon, hashbrowns... mmmmm
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome