Page 207 of 761 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 207

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    If I make the same dinner several nights in a row, he gets tired of it (though I don't think he did with steak, haha). But only sometimes. Some of his food habits are hard to figure out heh. I have always been very dude-ish about food. When I started making my own lunches at my last job (after spending about $40/week to buy lunch in the food court), it was yogurt containers, PB&J on wheat, and a banana. Grape jelly, preferably.

He made a bit thing of rice over the weekend, I've been taking a little to work for lunches (with coconut oil to melt into it), and he's had some with dinner ("since I don't eat as much during the day"). We have frozen broc that's easy enough to prep, or I could pick him up some bags of fresh mixed veggies (we used to use a carrot, broc & cauli mix in our tofu stir fry days, shortly before I went primal heh). The meat is always frozen, so I guess that would just mean slicing some up before freezing so it defrosts faster and is pre-cut, or pre-cooking some over the weekend for him to use throughout the week. Still not sure how long it'll last, freshness-wise. Most of the time, it seems like I can keep stuff closed up in the fridge, cooked, for up to a week before I feel like it's questionable, but I've definitely encountered "turning" meat before then.

Anyway, I just want to make sure he'll use this stuff. I guess if he doesn't, I will, so it's not a huge loss. If I pre-cook for him, he'll probably go, "I can do that!" and start doing it for himself and I will worry less. In general, we could do with larger portions on the weekends to use throughout the week. Perhaps this weekend, I will make a stew, since potatoes don't seem to be doing me any harm. Cubed chicken breast sounds kind of sad, but that's what we've got, otherwise I'll go pick up some stew meat. Need to get carrots and some other veg anyway (he finds celery too bitter, so not that). Already have the frozen pearl onions. Maybe I'll just grab a chicken at Trader Joe's (they have reasonably priced organic free-range chix) so I can make bone broth after.

Sentence fragments today I'm up to 1500mg Tryptophan for the day and finally feeling functional. I'm getting some work done and making a real effort to use pronouns. I don't know why those go out the window when my head is on backwards.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Someone told me they like to eat ramen uncooked! just munch the noodles right out of the package - and that little flavor packet just gets tossed out with the wrapping. I thought that was odd............ raw ramen. Icky.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Someone told me they like to eat ramen uncooked! just munch the noodles right out of the package - and that little flavor packet just gets tossed out with the wrapping. I thought that was odd............ raw ramen. Icky.
    Ramen are not raw, they are actually already deep fried... that's what makes them crunchy.
    The Straight Dope: What's the deal with ramen noodles?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Yeah... I used to eat Ramen like that all the time. "Nothing to snack on? Ooh ramen! Should I cook it? NAH just go to town!"
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

tomi is offline Senior Member
    thats funny - all these years I had never heard of eating ramen raw!!! I'm so sheltered!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I worked at a grocery store in college, one time a homeless man came in and bought one package of Ramen (they were 13 cents apiece then) and paid me in all pennies. When I went out for a break right after that he was standing on the sidewalk eating them dry. I led a sheltered childhood and had never really experienced anything like that before, I went next door to McDonalds and got him a meal, sooo much better I know, I should of gone back in the store and got him some sardines or something....
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    I worked at a grocery store in college, one time a homeless man came in and bought one package of Ramen (they were 13 cents apiece then) and paid me in all pennies. When I went out for a break right after that he was standing on the sidewalk eating them dry. I led a sheltered childhood and had never really experienced anything like that before, I went next door to McDonalds and got him a meal, sooo much better I know, I should of gone back in the store and got him some sardines or something....
    I think the bigger picture here is that you did something.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I think the bigger picture here is that you did something.
    So true. I used to buy meals for homelss people all the time in CA when I saw them pan handling in front of the grocery. I actually had to warn my hubby what I was doing before hand as he was kinda freaked out one time when I walked up to this guy and offered to buy him dinner at the deli counter on our way in. Hubby wasn't upset that I did it - it just never would have occured to him to actually talk to the guy.

FWIW, I used to use raw ramen in a chicken salad I loved to make pre-primal.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I've heard that real ramen, in Japan, is amazing. Something to try someday, if I ever travel there.

I'm taking a mental health/sick day. Gut is at a standstill and I'm determined to get things moving. I'm feeling very down in the dumps. I went on a sugar run last night, bought some dairy free (coconut milk based) ice cream (chocolate hazelnut with fudge, it's meh), carob powder, coconut milk (Whole Food's 365 brand), and honey. I only ate a little of the ice cream, and a little of some hot chocolate I made, and felt really, really ill. I was in bed before 10PM. I feel better today, but frustrated that my gut is being so stubborn.

The hot carob drink was not as good as I wanted it to be, but the powdered carob was a better deal than any of the powdered chocolate options at Whole Foods. I was tempted to splurge on a "sipping chocolate" container, but it didn't have that many servings in it. Looked really rich/tasty though! I think I'll try adding vanilla extract, chili powder, and/or more honey or nutmeg to the drink. It's chilling in the fridge, not sure what consistency it'll be before I heat it up.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had ramen at lunch yesterday. Not exactly the food I had built it up to in my mind. I've had true ramen (a dear friend was born on a Navy base in Japan and her parents picked up some ofthe cooking) and that shit is wonderful.
    Everyone needs a mental health day every once in a while.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome