Page 205 of 797 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 205

suck (sk)
    v. sucked, suck·ing, sucks
    v.tr.
    1. To draw (liquid) into the mouth by movements of the tongue and lips that create suction.
    a. To draw in by establishing a partial vacuum: a cleaning device that sucks up dirt.
    b. To draw in by or as if by a current in a fluid.
    c. To draw or pull as if by suction: teenagers who are sucked into a life of crime.
    3. To draw nourishment through or from: suck a baby bottle.
    4. To hold, moisten, or maneuver (a sweet, for example) in the mouth.
    5. Vulgar Slang To perform fellatio on.
    v.intr.
    1. To draw something in by or as if by suction: felt the drain starting to suck.
    2. To draw nourishment; suckle.
    3. To make a sound caused by suction.
    4. Vulgar Slang To be disgustingly disagreeable or offensive.
    n.
    1. The act or sound of sucking.
    2. Suction.
    3. Something drawn in by sucking.
    Phrasal Verbs:
    suck in
    To take advantage of; cheat; swindle.
    suck up Slang
    To behave obsequiously; fawn.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    The vulgar slang definition does not have enough entries.

One time, ages ago, somewhere on MDA, somebody told me that my rain + scooter situation was the definition of suck. I stick to it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The vulgar slang definition does not have enough entries.

One time, ages ago, somewhere on MDA, somebody told me that my rain + scooter situation was the definition of suck. I stick to it.
    You stick to it, as if by suction. I agree, there's not enough vulgar slang definitions.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Heh. Heh. Stuck to the scooter by suction. Those are some strong Kegel muscles.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

And for the post-therapy update...

Mood on first day of period is usually the worst. Now it's day 2. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Therapy made me sad. Not its fault, I was not in a good head-space to start with. Then I called Boyfriend to see if I could swap for the car. He called to see if practice is cancelled (I'm sure it will be, but we've taken chances with the rain before and gotten bitten in the ass for it), they said they'll know around 1 PM. I couldn't wait that long to go back to work, so I was just going to head back, but Boyfriend said to come home. I couldn't make out what he was saying exactly, so finally he just said, "Come home!" I went home, frustrated and soggy from stalling out on my way over and getting honked at/almost run over by a bus and of course the rain. He gave me a hug and then stood there staring at me. That's all he wanted. I got pissed off because I'd hoped he might just say, "Just take the car!" I tell him, "It's a real hassle trying to ride in the rain." He was clearly a bit hurt that I didn't give a shit about his hug and I told him I had hoped he was going to let me take the car. I ask him if he can lock the door behind me and he closes it with a bit more force than is necessary.

It's trivial, it's nothing, and it's eating away at me. I took another Tryptophan. I think I'll take a GABA Calm.

I hope the rain stops before I leave work, but I doubt it will

Wimmins....in a few days you'll think back and say "ya know, that was pretty sweet of him", but now you want to punch him in the solar plexus...sheesh...wimmins.

Yes, because then he can feel my pain!

Haha, you are pretty right though. It's pretty fucking frustrating not having control of yourself though. If it weren't for the rain, I would have welcomed the hug invitation! But then, I also would not have wanted to take the car if it wasn't raining. I'm sure everything will be fine by the end of the day, but right now, I'm feeling massively stressed out. GABA Calm took the edge off, Tryptophan is lightening my thoughts a bit.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I recommend green tea and visualizing ripping his spleen out his throat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Years ago, when the wifey and I were still dating, I did something insignificant and made her so mad, she was crying and yelling at me. I looked at her and said, "You're only acting like this because your thing is broken", which is my most affectionate way to say PMS/period/whatever y'all call it. It was like it was an epiphany for her, she stopped crying and was fine...I knew I had found a keeper.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hahaha yeah... As soon as I realize/remember once again that it's hormones, I can calm down, but it's not as though it feels any different than a legitimate emotion response to something that is TRULY upsetting. Boyfriend is getting much better about keeping calm in the face of my grumpiness, which helps me let it go a lot faster.

I'm having crappy Lipton tea because that's all the office has, and I'm adding sugar packets, dammit.

And to top it all off, I'm developing a migraine (pre-sugar, thank you). DAMN YOU, HORMONES!