Page 200 of 750 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 7491

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 200

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Still thinking about glasses. I have an appointment for Saturday. I'm going to have them measure my pupil distance so I can maybe get some frames on Coastal.com. I can keep using my old frames for now.

Most recent frames

Old frames (with better prescription, what I've been wearing this week)

Older frames (I liked having silver on my face)

Frames I like from Coastal.com (in red or gunmetal, pardon awkward photos, couldn't find/take a good straight-on shot without glasses for their Try On feature)

What do we think? Too severe? I'm guessing getting an updated prescription in the old frames (second picture) would be around $100 at Sears.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I like the silver ones in the third pic down or the silver ones in the bottom right pic. I think maybe I like the ones in the third pic down b/c you have such a pretty and sincere smile going in that one.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd say the pairs in the second and third pics look better.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The 2nd & 3rd pics were Sears purchases, so I'm guessing it would be around $100 for new lenses, though I don't know if that includes anti-scratch and anti-glare (can't live without those). The blacks will get me by for now. I need to stop thinking about this!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh...
    My favorites are the second pic,
    And the bottom right pic... I LOVE that one/those!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I like the second and third pictures.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Someone contacted me through my blog looking for advice...or guidance...or another opinion. Wow. The pressure. I feel really fortunate that I am in a position to offer my thoughts to other people and apparently have an impact (that she felt she could reach out to me, even if our issues are not quite the same). I also feel really terrified that I won't be able to help her. It's not my responsibility, though. I just have to remember that. We've written a few long emails to each other so far and I encouraged her to start a thread on MDA with her issues and diet detailed. I hope she will. I think there are enough people around here who have experienced similar digestive/mental issues that can chime in on a potential plan of attack. She seems kind of resistant to changing things, but I know that feeling. I hope she will try something from what I suggested, even if it's just supplements (though I did talk about diet, she's not far off from primal, but has digestive issues). If it comes down to it, I'll enforce the "not qualified to give you advice" card and back away. I would hate to do that, though.

I didn't sleep well last night. A wood chipper was down the street in the middle of the night. Why on Earth would they be chopping up trees in the middle of the blasted night?! There were no major branches down anywhere, we haven't had any ridiculous wind lately!

I took some Quercetin last night and this morning. So far, I don't feel like it's helping much. Damn. I'm still sneezing occasionally, feeling stuffy (though my sleepiness is probably affecting that too), and have post nasal drip. I guess some people need to take a really high dose, so I'll try more tonight/tomorrow. I think I have a prescription somewhere for more Flonase, I should just go and fill that.

The mild acne that cropped over the past few days is gone. I hope that is a good sign for my gut health. I think it was due to the cookies I made and consumed over the course of 24 hours on the weekend. Yeah. No paleo baking for me. I still have about half of that 1 lb chocolate bar left for nibbling. A serving size is 3 squares, with 13g of sugar. If I'm going to "cheat" and have sugar, I don't think that's too bad.

Dear GODS, my knee hurts! I try not to outwardly respond to constant pains, but my knee is making me wince. It's not an overly-exerted kind of pain, so I think it's inflammation. My thoughts are that it must be from too much omega-6 in the chicken we've been eating so much of lately. Fucking ow. I tweaked my back last night too, so moving about is not pleasant today. For the past week, my workdays have been going very quickly, so I'm hoping that happens again today (though I have much less to do than I have for the past week). I brought a can of sardines for lunch... I really hope I like them >< I also hope the omega-3 content helps balance the inflammation a bit!

Man, I can't wait till next year when I can get rid of my FSA! $30 more per paycheck will be AWESOME. I just hope I'm in good health by then =\

I discovered that one of our favorite book series, Vampire Hunter D, has another book translated into English and published. Boyfriend and I drove to Barnes & Noble last night to pick it up. I am making myself finish my current book (Zodiac, by Neal Stephenson) before I get into it. He brought up recently how we used to go to B&N all the time to browse and haven't done that in a long time. We didn't browse together, I spent most of my time in the diet/nutrition/cookbook section (which was not in any recognizable order and they had a really measly paleo selection), just looking. I usually like to browse Sci Fi/Fantasy and YA (sci fi/fantasy) and pick up a paperback of something new.

TMI: Itch was terrible last night. Inflammation-related, maybe? Back to not bad this morning, but I'm scared for this evening. I wonder what goes on with my body later in the day that makes it flare up like that. I only have a few grapefruit seed extract pills left so I have to save them for once a day. Maybe I will get Caprylic acid instead. I'll probably just drive up to Vitamin Shoppe to save on shipping costs, which means waiting until I run out anyway.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I've had people ask me too and I feel leery of giving advice, but I just tell them what I know and point them in the direction of books. If people want to be told what to do, the books do a good job of that. If they're really interested in making a change, they'll read the books. If not, they'll keep asking questions, which tells me they're probably too lazy or uninterested to actually make any changes. But, I could be wrong too... So I just tell them what I do, whether or not it's worked, and leave them to do as they please with that information. Like my friend who has gestational diabetes and the autistic little boy. I shared my thoughts with her from what I'd learned, recommended some reading, answered her questions, and then left it at that. If she really wants to control her GD, she'll do what she needs to do (cutting carbs, especially starches and grains) and if she really wants to impact her son's health, she'll stop using canola to cook his food (he's already pretty close to paleo from what I understand due to food allergies and what not, and she's noticed an improvement in his cognitive ability, so that's definitely a plus!)

ANYHOW... I hope your knee feels better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah, I did mention all the books I've read, as well as PBPM since that's been recommended to me by other people playing with amino acids. She seemed kind of "it's just so HARD" in response, so maybe it'll come to nothing, but at least I tried. I did kind of get tough-lovey at the end: "Here's the long and short of it: nothing is going to change if you don't change something. So as much as it sucks to spend money on things that might not work, tests that might not show anything, or change your diet in a way that you don't necessarily think will work, if you don't do anything, nothing will happen." One has to be ready to make the changes, and then make them. I've been there, I know it sucks, but there's no magical way to make it happen for you. There's no knight in shining armor to whisk away the depression. I'm sure that sounds depressing, but it's kind of more of a determined grit kind of thing to me. Buckle down and change.

My knee started hurting last night, before my back hurt, but it hurts simultaneously with my back, so it could also/instead now be whatever I tweaked. We'll see tomorrow =\ Chiropractor on Saturday, just in time! Funny how I get analytical about all my aches and pains now instead of just griping about them. I prefer it this way, seems more productive

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've had people ask me for my advice. Most of the time it's "read these books. It's where I got my info. Here's what generally works, again, based on the books. Here's the tweaks I've made for ME, they may not do anything for you. I'm not a doc, though, so your mileage may vary." If they wade through that and start asking relevant questions, as opposed to trying to make me think for them, I answer as best I can while gently nudging them towards the books. If they start whining about how it'd be so hard, I dust them off with "you asked, I told, now you hafta decide if you want to make the leap. It'll be worth it, though."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome