Page 197 of 797 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 197

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Apparently, my brain is not on today. Sears also sells this brand (Perspective) so there's a possibility I could try them out in person if I wanted to get them. I'm sure I'll keep putting off getting my prescription renewed for a couple more months anyway. Overall ratings for similar styles by that brand is that they're durable, so that's good.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'd be worried about the focal point of the glasses being off. At Pearl Vision they mark the lenses to ensure the focal point is in the right place. Just something else to think about... sorry.

It's weird that you'd be having such gas with the low sugar lifestyle unless something is producing sugar in your gut, which makes no sense to me, really. I hope you find the cause soon.
    The focal point is actually your pupillary distance measurement, which an optometrist could give you, or you can use a ruler that Coastal has as a print-out to do it yourself.

I had some yogurt after work, I guess that was enough =\

I ate ice cream. I am suffering for it, though not nearly as much as I did on account of the yogurt yesterday.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Orgasm in my mouth.

The title is too hilarious to change. I didn't realize how it could be interpreted until this morning. I meant FOOD-orgasm (foodgasm?). It was a seriously delicious dinner. Boyfriend liked the seasoning (I was happy to be able to tell him it had coconut aminos in it, which he has not liked in the past). There will be more dinners like that soon, because I'm kind of tired of red meat at the moment (sacrilege, I know), and I got plenty of chicken.

My mood is picking up a little bit everyday as I continue taking the Tryptophan. No plans to stop taking it for now. I did not need to take multiple doses yesterday.

Doctor's appointment is at 11 today, feeling nervous. I really hope he has some good ideas for me. How amazing would it be if it was a simple solution? As embarrassing as it would be, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that cutting out the L-Glutamine helps.

[TMI] I took more Vitamin C last night after work and had another painful BM. I took more this morning, I don't know if there's anything left to come out, but my stomach really hurts (not usually something that happens with Vit C). I contemplated not taking it last night, so I'd know there was something in my system in case the doctor wants to grope my intestines or something, but I'd rather have some relief right now.[/TMI]

Last time I was at Whole Foods, I found powdered Vitamin C, as ascorbic acid, just like the Hydro-C that Gutsense sells. I wonder if that would work better than these capsules. It was a bit cheaper than Hydro-C, and more servings, I think.

Weekend plans
    -Start cool-weather prep (close most of the storm windows, put away the AC, maybe seal off some of the less used windows with the plastic wrap stuff in the basement, empty out drawers and clothes storage to weed out things I didn't wear this past season)
    -Apple picking if Boyfriend will fund it (he wasn't sure if he could swing it when I asked this week)
    -Going to pick up Boyfriend's new lenses
    -Pick up more veggies & coconut milk (want to do that tonight, but it's one of Boyfriend's sister's birthday so we'll probably go over for cake)

Old glasses, with the prescription that used to be too strong and now seems about right

Current glasses (taken Fall of 2010 with my natural hair color aaaaaahhh)

I'm giving my old glasses (actually my first frames from Sears back in 2005, (don't worry, we are never returning to the black hair) but they've had at least one prescription change since then) a test run today. So far, pretty good. Slight headache. I think I could stand wearing these for a while until I get my prescription changed and either buy new frames at Coastal.com or save up for new lenses on my purple frames. I'm not sure how I feel about the frame-shape difference.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think both pairs of glasses look nice on you.

LOL @ "grope my intestines"

I hope the appointment goes well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Both styles look good on you, but the oval frames look a wee bit better, just based on face shape yadayada.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The frames on the ovals are nice and springy, no need for an adjustment, so it's physically a nice change (not just visually). The purples are very loose and I'm not good at tightening glasses. Nobody does it like a frames shop.

The appointment was great! I learned a bunch of things (none of this should be TMI).

Digestive stuff:
    -Doc was pleasantly surprised that I was taking Vitamin C and recommended a particular brand in powdered form. He said it's best over anything, even epsom salts. 1/2 tsp every 4 hrs while awake, increase until loose stools, then decrease as needed. It may need periodic adjustment as I continue taking it.
    -I was really proud to be able to understand everything he said about gut health.
    -He recommended a particular prebiotic that Klaire Labs makes (same producer as my super strong probiotic), 1 tsp in water 1x daily, 1 hr before any meal. Because of the timing, I will probably take it before dinner.
    -He recommended continuing on the probiotic, 3x weekly, with food. I will probably sprinkle that on breakfast, MWF.

Hormones
    -Based on my particular emotional symptoms (anxious depression), he said it sounds like my progesterone is low. Two options available to test the levels: go in for blood draw on 19-21st day of cycle (around ovulation) to test progesterone and estrogen levels, or do a saliva kit over the course of one cycle (spit in a tube every 3 days), with the first tube on first day of period and last on first day of next period.
    -While it would be really cool to see the full hormone panel (estrogen, progesterone, estradiol, and testosterone) over a complete cycle, that probably won't be covered by insurance ($180). The blood draw would be.
    -Doc said he's seen a lot of improvement in other patients with these kinds of issues going off grains and sugar, but since I'm already doing that, just cut out dairy for now, stay super strict on my diet, and see how that goes. He said he could recommend some herbs that are supposed to help with progesterone production.

I decided to focus on the gut stuff for now, and use Tryptophan as needed. We'll see how next month's cycle goes and maybe contact my gyn about arranging the testing after that. Major problem with the supplements: they are pricey. Technically, I can dip into savings to pay for this stuff immediately, but it sucks majorly. I'll have to spend some time price shopping online.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good plan is set in place for you. I will have to see if my doctor will order a progesterone test for me. It will probably be a while before I can get the test though b/c it's hard telling when I'll get my first period after discontinuing the depo shots. And heck, maybe by getting off the depo I won't need to worry about it b/c without pumping that stupid hormone into my body, maybe my progesterone will bounce back on its own.

Anyhow, it seems like your doctor is very knowledgeable and listens to your concerns very well. I'm glad to hear that. Most doctors would just say "here, take some x-lax" and send you on your way.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The practice I go to has a very holistic approach, so most of the doctors will suggest vitamins and such. This guy is just extra awesome. I name-dropped Gutsense when he asked how I figured out to take Vitamin C, but he was just like "Oh, online." haha

I forgot to tell him I had been taking L-Glutamine and see what he thought about that. I'll save it for the next time I see him (hopefully in about a month, if my gut issues are mostly resolved by then).

I found a couple sites with cheaper options for the prebiotic and Vitamin C and order it. Hopefully they'll arrive by the middle of next week. I'll just take high doses of the Vitamin C I have for now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My godfather just emailed me to say the yogurt I made for him (from whole, grass-fed milk) is the best he's ever had. He is mostly definitely a traditional foods foodie, so you can imagine why this made me puff with pride.