Page 196 of 766 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 7654

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 196

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I've had a craving for an apple crunch too... interesting.

My suggestion with the budget is lump coconut oil into your grocery budget.

If you'd like, I can email you the spreadsheet I use. It's extensive but it's detailed and works well, if we follow it.
    It's almost Honey Crisp time... I can FEEL it.
    I know... not local. But OMG I LOOOOOOooooooooooooVEeeeeeeeeeeee them.
    Apples that slurp!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm itching for caramel apple pie. If I can find unsweetened condensed milk, I can make a primalish version.
    ETA: Oh, that's evaporated milk. I wonder if that'll do dulce de leche.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    (couple of huge pictures in this post, btw. sorry about the size)

Tasha | Mark's Daily Apple
    My Success Story In The Making is updated at last! I love those pictures side by side, even if it's not a huge difference. I kind of want to share this on Facebook...I link tons of personal things there, but for some reason, I feel weird about this. I am not allowed to look at old photos of myself when I'm not right in the head, BTW. I got depressed yesterday when I scanned past a photo of me from July last year (my heaviest, around 135 lbs). I looked happy in the photos, but it was not a great day for me (very anxious at my friend's wedding), and I felt terrible about my body at the time. That is right around when I decided to drop grains (officially dropped them when we returned from the trip).

I don't think I'll be reaching my biking goal this year, but that's okay. Being able to put a 20 lb kettlebell on my Christmas wishlist would be good.

In other news...

Fucking ow.

[TMI]I had awful pressure from gas last night, so I couldn't sleep. I ended up taking epsom salts (SO FUCKING DISGUSTING) around 12:30 AM and the gas seemed to alleviate over the next couple of hours, but no BM. I think I fell asleep around 2:30. This morning, I re-read my extended release Vitamin C bottle: it releases half the dose immediately and half throughout the day, so I took two. I had a BM within an hour, and it was rather painful. My gut is still unhappy, and I think there's more to come, but it's better than it was.[/TMI]

Sleep was awful, I got about 4 hrs. Discomfort from gas kept me up. Epsom salts don't work anymore, but Vitamin C is still a winner. I'm nervous about my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.

I'm changing my supplements up and generally minimizing what I take to avoid complications.
    -I'm going to stop taking L-Glutamine. I didn't consider that that could be part of my problems until this morning. I don't remember when I started taking it at full dose (1 tsp instead of 1/4 tsp). Seriously, now that I think of it, I think I started taking it when the constipation started. If that's the cause, I'm going to be pissed.
    -No more probiotics for now, except if I get kombucha on the weekend (the only probiotic food I have access to that doesn't seem to bother me right now, even coconut yogurt made me gassy). If removing L-Glutamine helps, I'll add them back.
    -Morning routine is now - 1 glass of water with 1 tsp of raw ACV, Zyrtec, and Tryotphan, and Vitamin D/multi with food (been forgetting both of those lately). Evening routine will be Vitamin C (1000mg, which means two capsules of the extended release form I have right now) and ACV with water after work, on an empty stomach.

Specific goals for the next week
    -Eat at least 2 full meals a day (if not 3, then I should eat lunch & dinner, rather than breakfast & dinner).
    -Start incorporating carbs back into meals in the form of applesauce and rice. Maybe some super ripe bananas, too?

Bacon ends from Trader Joe's. I didn't realize they'd be so big, it looked like they would be smaller chunks in the package. Very tasty, nonetheless. $2.99 for the pack (1 lb). I nibbled on some this morning in lieu of breakfast.

I spent $27 at Stop & Shop last night. I got 10 Larabars (at 10/$10 right now with a card), about 10 lbs of chicken ($1.50/lb for chicken thighs, $.99/lb for chicken legs [thigh and drumstick]), parchment paper, and ramen for Boyfriend ($3 for 12 packs). I don't think BJ's is any cheaper for chicken, though you can get a 36 pack of ramen for $5 or $6. We're low on frozen veg and grocery store prices don't compare with the 5 lb bags you can get at BJ's for $6 or $7 so I guess I will have to take a trip out there tonight =\ I'm going to bake some of the chicken, it's been a while since I've done that. Maybe I'll have some potatoes too, since we're low on veg. I think I'm going to pick up some white rice and start having a little with meals.

I am definitely officially off yogurt after last night. I can't think of anything else that would give me such terrible gas (I ate some after work). Trader Joe's coconut milk doesn't do that to me.

More cocoa! I "shaved" the chocolate this time (frozen, so it would not melt as quickly while I handled it) and it melted much faster into the coconut milk. I eye-balled the liquid to fill my mug perfectly (did have to add a little water to 1/2 can of coconut milk). It's a nice treat, and definitely worth the $.99 cans at Trader Joe's for a little indulgence. It's not super chocolaty, but it's enough to satisfy a craving. I should look up how much sugar I'm consuming from the 3 little squares of chocolate, though. I think the vanilla extract helped the flavor. WHY DO YOU SMELL SO GOOD?! I bet this would be even better with full-fat coconut milk.

I ended up taking 1000mg of Tryptophan yesterday, 1 dose of GABA Calm, and 100mg of 5-HTP in the evening when I started to feel grouchy. I feel a lot better today, and took 500mg of Tryptophan this morning, with another in my pocket for mid-afternoon. I'm not taking any chances, I want to try and head off the evening grumpiness. My head is still not in the best of places, I'm still feeling really down about my body and general health situation, but I'm at work and I'm doing okay. One of my new FAVORITE (sarcasm alert) things about feeling depressed about my gut situation is worrying about colon cancer. Yeah. You can thank Gutsense for that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Anyone used Coastal.com for glasses? With the FB coupon code, I could get new frames & lenses, including anti-scratch, anti-glare, and UV resistant coating for about $60! I don't really want new frames, but that's a helluvalot cheaper than going through Pearl Vision (where I got my frames last). Plus, there's free return shipping if I end up not liking the frames. You can get an idea for how they'd look by uploading a photo to their site, and they include all the measurement information that you need.

Now, to get my eyes checked & find out my current prescription... I'd do contacts if they were more affordable.

I've thought about going back to glasses, but 2 things keep stopping me. The contacts give me a modicum of depth perception back that I've never gotten with glasses and Geek complains of being stabbed by the frames when we cuddle. I need to get my eyes checked, too, my right eye is noticeably off.
    Check for 3rd party online reviews of them and see what you can find.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm finding a lot of personal feedback on other forums saying that Coastal is good, but not much about the long term quality of the frames or lenses. I guess a downside is that if it needs maintenance, you'd probably have to pay someone. At Pearl Vision, I can bring my glasses in for a "tune-up" for no charge, even to get pads replaced. I also know my frames are very durable since I tend to be a bit rough with my glasses.

Hmmm... Do they tell you the brand of frames? Maybe you can look that up.
    My Primal Battle Tome

They do. One pair that I liked doesn't have any reviews that I can find I guess it's new.

Well, what kind of rating does the brand in general get, by looking at all it's frames? That might give you an indication as to what to expect.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'd be worried about the focal point of the glasses being off. At Pearl Vision they mark the lenses to ensure the focal point is in the right place. Just something else to think about... sorry.

It's weird that you'd be having such gas with the low sugar lifestyle unless something is producing sugar in your gut, which makes no sense to me, really. I hope you find the cause soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)