Page 192 of 761 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 192

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am interested in making my own moccasins and might make a mock-up pair out of spare fabric sometime soon. It would be awesome to have a pair to slip into at work. The Fast Flats are holding out, but I need to clean the inner sole, they are getting stinky!
    I'm interested in making buckskin moccasins. My cousin killed a doe last year called a pie-ball, which means it had an albino gene somewhere that makes it white in splotches. He shipped it off and had it tanned, not tanned like I've ever seen one, but super soft, as soft and flexible as a bath towel. I'm going to learn how to do that. If I can figure out how the hide was tanned like that, but it would be just down to stripping the hair off. If I get good at it I'll mail you enough to make fo' realdoe moccasins.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ok, it's more a comfort and getting in/ out thing. Gotcha. The 4 still looks good on you.
    If she's amenable to it, and you're wearing purple, what about a teal to midnight blue ombre? That'd look damn awesome with a purple dress.
    I am actually reading through all your supp/ food/ mood/ TMI stuff, I just really don't have much to say on it, as I haven't tinkered much with any of that.
    As to the shampoo bar, if y'all's water is as hard as ours is, I have yet to find any natural shampoo or poo-less alternative that works for my and doesn't leave it greasy, limp, or soap residue-y. Baking soda didn't seem to do squat for me and Geek complained about the ACV smell. For now, I'm using Yes to Carrots tea tree therapy whenever my hair gets greasy (approx every few days, but I keep pushing it out farther and farther.) I'm contemplating ordering shampoo from my soap merchant, if I do, I'll let you know how it goes.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    JYAC: Rad! I am a fan of leather products. Moccasins and I have a history, I've always wanted a good pair. My parents bought me some ankle-boot Minnetonkas with a back zipper when I was about 11, but I outgrew them within a year. What I really want is the real deal, reinforced with natural prodcuts. I'm hoping to save up for some legit mukluks someday too (complete with stinky grease for water proofing). Nothing beats natural products for your feet, they're just so comfy when they are custom made and/or have conformed to your feet!

NK: Yeah...water is pretty hard here. I've had all those problems. I'll check out this Yes To Carrots business. I think the occasional or bi-weekly wash is going to be necessary. Do you use shampoo and conditioner, or just one?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I use both, but our water's REALLY hard (as in, even after softening the maximum practical amount, the EPA and TCEQ (state envirnomental agency) still hafta grant the area a hardness exception) and I use the conditioner as a detangler more than anything.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Anyone else think of this scene when reading the Infertility thread?

Weekend plans:
    Friday night - Look for The Dress in size 6 at TJ Maxx (purchase if available and fits better than the 4), pick up new toothbrushes, toothpaste, milk (if they have the grass-fed stuff), and shampoo/conditioner (looking for Yes to Carrots or Yes to Cucumbers, which is good for hair color preservation apparently) at Whole Foods. Make yogurt! And eat dinner somewhere in there, too. Yogurt needs to be in the oven no later than 10PM.
    Saturday - (get milk, if I didn't Friday) empty out incubated yogurt into my recently cleaned jar collection so I can wash the crock pot liner and start another batch to be done before midnight, so I can refrigerate and have ready for Sunday. I think I will spend some time at my parents' house, doing some cleaning out of the attic crawl space. Who knows what fun things I might find.
    Sunday - Maybe apple picking with Boyfriend? Maybe looking at scooter carb with my dad? Oh right, and we can probably finish my mom's desk!

Digestive Details (TMI): Yesterday, I experienced what I guess is referred to as the "ring of fire". I had diarrhea a few times throughout the day and seemed to only be passing water (and probably stomach acid) by the end of the day. I was careful not to over-hydrate, so I wouldn't keep washing out my system, since it was feeling inclined to be empty. A little diarrhea this morning, and more general stomach upset, but not as bad as yesterday so far. I am loading up on probiotics...well, not anymore than I have been lately, but still generally loading up. I am keeping my fingers cross that when this bug passes, I have laid some good groundwork to rebuild my intestinal flora. The one good thing about this bug I got is that it makes me feel like I need to go right after a meal (or within about 30 minutes). Apparently, that is normal behavior, and I've never felt that way before. A good sign, perhaps?

Food stuffs: I had 3 eggs over easy (fried in some of the drippings from last night's steak, I love "dirty eggs"), a big bowl of homemade yogurt, and a small glass of kefir this morning. I didn't plan out the meat defrosting well, so no lunch today. I hope this tides me over well enough. I'll just be carefully sipping water today, hoping it doesn't go straight through me. At least I haven't been nauseated. I'll probably finish off the kefir tonight, but that means I'll only have warm yogurt in the morning, assuming I make some tonight. Meh. Fine with me. Note to self: Trader Joe's has cheaper yogurt AND kefir. If I make kefir someday, I want to try making it with that grass-fed milk. Mmmm... it is tasty in my mind. I'm still kind of contemplating doing 1 liquid meal a day (probably breakfast) to give my intestines a bit of a break, but that requires more forethought than I'm willing to invest right now.

Maybe some more thoughts later, after therapy. Not really feeling like going today, just kind of want a break from "talking" (or, more accurately, writing and thinking a lot). I need to find better ways to clear my mind.

"Look. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a government."

The current election cycle would be downright enjoyable if someone could squeeze in this line during a debate.

Hahah! Yes, it would. I am generally avoiding all information on the upcoming election aside from knowing what campaign promises are being made. There's just so much shit-slinging I can handle. I already know who I'm voting for so the rest doesn't really matter to me.

Is every election cycle like this? Is it that I'm just starting to pay attention to it a bit (this is only the second time I've voted), or they get worse every time?

You're wasting your time with campaign promises???

No, I don't think every cycle is like this. The hyperbole in this crap is ridiculous. There's a war on this, a war on that, a war on everything but terror; it's not nice to say that, you might hurt a terrorist's feelings. Vote for me and I'll give you free Bubble-Up and we can all eat Rainbow Stew. Vote for that guy and you hate puppies and old people and probably club baby seals after you beat your wife, you pedophile.

My serious gripe is the biased nature of the media. How 'bout you report it fair and let me decide what I get out of it, mkay?

Welp, I know what their basic ideas are, what they are "standing for", but the campaign promises tell me more about them as a person. I know they won't be kept, most likely, and that's fine, but I like to know what they at least pretend to stand for too.

Blech, I don't really read any media stuff. I barely follow the news.