Page 191 of 681 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6806

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 191

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap! What a figure!! It does not look too tight at all but is definitely kickass sexy on you.

If you don't buy it, you've made a huge mistake.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's a size too small (4 instead of 6, I keep forgetting), but I've been lusting after this dress for a few years now. I used to ogle it at Macy's on my way to the bus stop after a shift at Sony Style. Now it's at TJ Maxx for 50% off (now $60).

Thoughts? Does it make my hips look as square as I think they do? Damn my small bust, makes everything look too hippy. It's not quite as eggplanty as the photo looks (it's not black, which Boyfriend insists it is).
    You look hot! Rock that dress out on the town!!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If TJ Maxx has it when I get paid on Friday, it was meant to be. I don't have the cash for it now, sadly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    If they don't have it, then it wasn't supposed to happen. Look at it this way. Trying it on just showed you how hot you look now, whether or not you end up with the dress. Win-win in my book.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    How is that a size too small? It looks damn good on you. If it's still there, you'd better buy it, or I'm whipping up a posse to come and get it FOR you.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Dayum girl!! I literally gasped when I saw that pic. And for what it's worth, this is from my two year old who was sitting next to me, *gasp* "Byooful mom! She byooful!!"
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

I'm gonna say it's a buy in my books as well.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Thanks for the ego-boosts, everyone. Kakes, give your kiddo a hug from me! Kids love my hair, and I know Boyfriend's niece and nephews love me (oldest nephew used to BAWL when I'd leave, actually did the other day too, when he was stressed out after getting a good scrape climbing over a baby gate), but I don't get those kinds of compliments from littles that often

NK, it's a size 4. It was a bit tricky to get into (not very stretchy, no zippers or closures). I'll probably try a 6 when I go back tomorrow evening. I feel like a 6 will give me a little more room for comfiness, the 4 was just a bit too fitted. It's funny how wearing a size 6 now (which strikes me as such an average size, but I have never considered myself to have an average body) makes me feel proud of my body, whereas a year ago, I would have lamented over my belly and thighs. Without access to a full-length mirror, I can't really see the muscular changes, but I know I am less bloated and "jiggly" (even if it was never that much) than I was this time last year, wearing the same size. I would even be content to gain some fat, because now that I'm eating well, I think my body would distribute fat in a way that makes sense genetically.

Oh yes, I also got to try on some VFF's (Treksport)! They were bright pink, which I don't see on the website, so maybe it's an older model. They were a size 40, looked too small, and were, but now I know where to start, if I ever buy my own. They fit well except they were a bit snug over the top (I have high arches), and I couldn't really stretch my toes out. A 41 might be perfect, depending on how different that is. I'm normally a 9 in women's sizes, haven't measured my foot length yet. Maybe someday, TJ Maxx will have different sizes kicking around their shoe section. I think they were $50! Classic or Jaya might be better for my arches, as long as they don't slip off my narrow heels.

I was very surprised to hop on my bike last night and feel like it was easy. I bumped up a gear so it was a bit harder, but I was biking faster. It felt good! Whole Foods didn't have the cream top milk that I wanted, but I'll go again Saturday morning for it. I got the local organic whole milk instead (and picked up some kefir, yum). I'm going to make two batches of yogurt over the next few days, one for me, and one to split for my parents and godfather (I'm curious to sample the two different yogurts side by side). The biking trip was short, but as long as I get another in this week, at any length (should be able to tomorrow, for TJ Maxx), I'll be happy that I have stuck with my weekly biking goal. I did some kettlebell stuff this morning, logged it into Fitocracy. Not much, but anything is better than nothing, and I'm just trying to be consistent right now.

I washed my hair with the shampoo bar again, but it was so tangled after, I had to use a spray-in conditioner (hooray for keeping potentially useful things for an absurd amount of time, this one is probably close to or over 3 years old). I think my hair is lighter in color. I think I will wash it again tomorrow, but use an ACV/water rinse to condition after, instead of the spray-in stuff. I don't like the smell of it. My hair feels pretty good today, but still a little grimy in places, especially at the roots. The main problem with this shampoo bar is it becomes gel-like when wet. I don't think it would last long, if I got a full size bar, because a lot would wash away before I even put it on my head.

Digestive crap: Harr harr. So Boyfriend's tummy bug sent him to the doctor yesterday. He was given anti-nausea pills (I mentally rolled my eyes at that, I think Boyfriend could tell), told that his intestines are inflamed (well, he did go to the bathroom 6 times in one morning), that he was dehydrated (he stopped drinking so he would stop having to go ><), and asked what he ate 2 (now 3) nights ago (neither of us could remember), when the frequent bathroom trips started. Now I'm feeling off, too. I'm having a lot of stomach and lower abdominal pain, which last night I was able to recognize as gas. Today, it just hurts and I'm feeling a lot of pressure. We picked up some "Ginger Brew" at Trader Joe's last night, really tasty (Boyfriend was not sure about it, just kept saying it was spicy), which help settle my sudden nausea. No nausea today, at least. I've had some not-optimal bowel movements over the past few days. I don't know if it's from having a tummy bug, or just the next stage of normalizing my gut! If I hadn't taken last Wednesday for a mental health day, I would have taken today to keep an eye on my tummy. I just hope I don't need to rush to the bathroom.

It's interesting how different Boyfriend and I are in regards to (food) tastes and how we choose to understand our bodies. He is willing to listen to my suggestions for supplements and potential causes/cures for ailments (he tried 5-HTP for a while, didn't help, then tried melatonin for sleep, that helped, used Vitamin C and grapefruit seed extract last week for his cold, not sure if it helped), but only up to a point. I can tell when he is being difficult just to be difficult, or doesn't want to admit he or his doctor might be wrong. I try not to push it, but I do ask what his doctor has said every time he goes. I'm curious! I made Boyfriend buy some soup at Trader Joe's, after he said he had some ramen to eat something "easy that would go right through him". I didn't bother reading the labels, one of them is chicken noodle soup anyway, but he seemed so lost with what to do with them. He picked up the little carton and said, "So...do I just buy this?" Yes, love! Then you pour it out and heat it up! I think I can steer him away from packaged foods (and he's running out of ramen, so I might get a chance soon), but it's going to be a slow and subtle process.

We also picked up some ice cream (a pumpkin and a peanut butter cup, ingredients are not optimal for either, but there's no wheat or soy), which I will wait to eat, since my tummy is being terrible. I want to make a stew, but not sure what I could put in it without tubers or celery (tastes bitter to him). I guess I could make a chicken soup, with onions and carrots, which would be good to freeze and have on hand for times like this. Maybe I will pick up those things at the store this weekend.

My hair is so close to my goal length on my left side! I think I will get the back trimmed next month, but otherwise leave it for the rest of the year as long as it's not too damaged. By Spring, it should be at goal length, if not before. I'll probably only get 1" by the end of the year, but that's basically jaw-length. I think chin-length is the longer-term goal.

I know I say I never wear pink except on my hair, but I love this thrift-store dress/tunic that I got several years ago. The sleeves are flowy at the end.

Also, if I'm wearing purple to my friend's wedding, I should probably not have purple hair too. Turquoise would be fun, but I think it'll come out purple over the pink anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I was visiting earlier and your newly pinked up avatar reminded me to call my stylist, because my hair is a train wreck!
    I cancelled last month/6weeks ago, or whatever when I thought I'd have to shave for the shunt, then played with it myself a bit (bleach and color)... so it's WaywayWAY over due for cutting and seriously faded, and the roots are showing again.
    NEXT Friday. LOL
    Thanks for reminding me.
    Would love to see pictures of the result! I follow a bunch of blogs on Tumblr for hair inspiration. So many fun colors!
    Lalala La Laaa Colors.
    http://coolhairadvice.tumblr.com/
    This is where I show you
    Lovely Dyed Locks
    hairspiration
    fuckyeah-hair

Kudos if anyone is reading all this stuff. I've felt too trapped in my head lately. Boyfriend is not interested in my health experiments for the most part, not in the way that I am, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. This helps. I have to wrestle with my brain when I'm alone to save my thoughts for a written place, otherwise it's too distracting!

I'll probably get back to my bolded category posts at some point, but I don't care for that structure right now.

BTW, took Tryptophan this morning, don't think I took DLPA. I'll keep taking Tryptophan for now, until my moods change, or I want to try taking a week off. I think a good 3 weeks on would be wise, at this point. I think the DLPA is helping greatly to get me motivated. I am interested in making my own moccasins and might make a mock-up pair out of spare fabric sometime soon. It would be awesome to have a pair to slip into at work. The Fast Flats are holding out, but I need to clean the inner sole, they are getting stinky!