Page 190 of 679 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 6782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 190

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    NK - thanks, I will keep you in mind. Helps to know someone is out there and willing to listen. I rarely take people up on their offers, not sure why. Reaching out is hard, I guess.

Snoops - Don't feel like you have to read all this Oh I know I have/had SAD. My Vitamin D levels are much better than they used to be, and I can definitely feel when they're not right. It's possible, due to my recent digestive issues, I'm not absorbing the D I've been supplementing. I should probably get those levels re-checked this month or next, so I know what dose is good for maintenance throughout the winter. I took 10,000 IU every day for several months and finally got in the mid-50s (ng/dl? something like that), which my doctor said was good enough, but I would rather it be higher, since I'm prone to deficiency. I've never looked into getting those lamps because it's a big investment up front. Anyway, I considered myself cured this year, since I was no longer getting "rainy day blues", but that issue may be resurfacing. I'll up my Vitamin D supplementation to 10k/day for the next week or so, just to make sure I'm covered.

[edit] Also, took another dose of Tryptophan and I'm feeling a little better. That is less than 500mg for the day (finishing off the odd dosage bottle I had). Next bottle is 500mg/capsule, so one should be enough, unless I need more in the afternoon. We shall see.

I think I have time for a stroll to oggle Hallowe'en stuff at the party store today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: For the future of applesauce

Last night's dinner:

Note the 4 minute timer for the second side of the steak, and my awesome, glass, looks-like-a-diner-coffee-pot tea kettle. And you'll note that I had some applesauce last night, and BURNED MY TONGUE SO BADLY OMG. Otherwise I totally would have made more this morning. Also, I only have one type of apple now (not sure which)...not sure how good that'll taste, but there's always sugar! I wonder how molasses would taste in applesauce. Perhaps it is best to wait a day so I'm only having a few servings a fruit per week, to start with.

Mood is better today. Took 500mg of Tryptophan and the DLPA this morning. Hot DAMN my legs have been alternating being a bitch and a half since yesterday. I feel a muscle above the back of my knee tweaking (extends about halfway up to my butt), and it hurts when I walk. Right now, it's the left leg, but my right leg has been hurting too. WHAT DID I DOOOO??? Stretching my hamstrings feels like a different muscle, but I will keep stretching when I can. I want to go to Whole Foods tonight, but I am having a hard time finding the will to bike there. If I find the motivation, I hope my leggings keep me comfortable, since even though the temps have said up to 80F this week, it's been pretty cool (YAY!). Hmm...should I also splurge on some apple cider (if it's local)?

Because Boyfriend has been sick, I don't think he'll get the oils changed in the car, which means I can't go up to Maine this weekend. I wish my dad's car worked, so I could borrow one of my parents' cars, but it's been out of commission for at least a year now, no engine in it currently. The mid-coast bus schedule used to have a lot more times available for the trip, but I also don't want to make my grandmother drive anywhere (to pick me up). So I guess the canning supplies will have to wait. Too bad, I really would like to go up soon. I can't go 2 weekends from now because my mom needs me to take care of the dog on the 23rd. I can't go 3 weekends from now because I have a chiropractor appointment. So it looks like I'll have to wait till October, and just pray that the apples aren't all gone by then.

I'm still doing the no-poo (no SHAMpoo, though the other understanding of that is still true) experiment. I have only washed my hair with conventional shampoo a few times this year. Hard to believe! I use Head & Shoulders to make sure I get all the bleach out of my hair when I'm touching up my roots. A milder shampoo would probably be better to use (I used to love Johnson & Johnson's No Tears Baby Shampoo), but my scalp doesn't seem to freak out about it. My hair feels REALLY good for the first week to week and a half after bleaching, I guess that's because I've stripped out everything and my scalp is good at regulating oil now. But it builds up, since my water is hard, and baking soda never seemed to work well for me. I'm considering trying to use it again, but boiling the water beforehand (for 10 minutes, apparently), and adding the baking soda while it's cooling. This morning, I used one of the sampler shampoo bars I bought several months ago. It left my hair kind of dry feeling at the ends, but I felt like it helped spread the sebum and break up some of the build-up on my scalp. I haven't decided if I want to try using it again tomorrow, to make sure I have a really nice clean base to work with (restarting my efforts to find a good cleaning method for my head), or wait a day. I need to put my boar bristle brush back in my work backpack, since my hair usually finishes drying when I'm at work, and could probably use a good brushing at that point (I only comb when wet to get the part right).

If I get more coconut oil, I can use it for candy experiments (making fudge), cooking (only if I get refined), AND my hair.

If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Contest: Make a Primal Blueprint Recipe Video | Mark's Daily Apple

I wonder if applesauce and/or yogurt would make decent videos. Well, applesauce has some actual activity that could be documented (chopping & stirring), but yogurt would be trickier since part of the process needs to happen pretty quickly and I can't carry a camera around while I do it, or do it all in front of a camera (unless I set up a table right by the stove as a kind of counter). I get very nervous in front of the camera, but it might still be fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Hahahaha oh dear. I don't think it would go over well if I started emailing that to people at work, but it's SO TEMPTING.

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    If you have a rolling pin, bat, pole or stick it can help to roll muscles. Sometimes it's painful but it can help release tightness. An idea.

I do have a rolling pin. I'll give that a shot. No idea what I did, maybe it's just my body fighting against the chiropractic adjustment from last weekend.

It's a size too small (4 instead of 6, I keep forgetting), but I've been lusting after this dress for a few years now. I used to ogle it at Macy's on my way to the bus stop after a shift at Sony Style. Now it's at TJ Maxx for 50% off (now $60).

Thoughts? Does it make my hips look as square as I think they do? Damn my small bust, makes everything look too hippy. It's not quite as eggplanty as the photo looks (it's not black, which Boyfriend insists it is).

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Whatever the color...it's sexy. Seriously, I think it compliments your figure very nicely. But I'm a guy; what do I know?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Fab U LOUS! WonderGirl!

Sometimes a little hippy is good, you know... like this time, because it equals curvy and very, very SEXY!

Small bust is not a problem.
    The cut of the dress in the shoulders balances everything very nicely.
    Wonderful buy!

I was visiting earlier and your newly pinked up avatar reminded me to call my stylist, because my hair is a train wreck!
    I cancelled last month/6weeks ago, or whatever when I thought I'd have to shave for the shunt, then played with it myself a bit (bleach and color)... so it's WaywayWAY over due for cutting and seriously faded, and the roots are showing again.
    NEXT Friday. LOL
    Thanks for reminding me.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.