Page 188 of 885 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 8845

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 188

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm angling for an anime character this year, probably Excel or Winry Rockbell. I don't really want to do Winry this year though, because we don't have time to get SWG a suit of armor, Geek an arm, or Evil a related costume. At least Excel I'd be willing to do solo. I may do Persephone, Hades, and Cerberus with Geek and Froot Loop (need to look into hair color.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Lawl @ Froot Loop. Nice name. I vote Greek stuff, just 'cause you can modernize it and do whatever you want. I was my own version of Harley Quinn one year, and my ex was Joker.

WLB, I will definitely be interested in seeing what you guys decide on! Phineus and Ferb, while I know little about it, sounds fun. I'll PM you with my REAL NAME OH NOES. Though you can probably find it through my blog anyway heh.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I think I already knew it from when you voted on our FB pictures to help us win a mud race entry!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Geek's costume would be relative easy, we have an old monk's style robe with a really deep hood that he used to play a demon the year I went as a vampire hunter. That, some scruff, and no hair cut should do it. Mine'd be relatively easy as well, I have an old pattern for an angel's robe somewhere in the closet of mysteries (AKA my coat and craft closet); I can use that, some Old Hollywood style make up, and carry a sheaf of grain or a squash vine or something. Froot Loop's'll be the hard one, not so much making the extra heads as getting her to wear it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

For your amusement:

The REAL first time I had pink hair, right before leaving for college.

Back when I wore emo-eyeliner, had my eyebrow pierced (RIP...but maybe bringing that back soon), and was growing out a tiny mohawk. My hair is STICK STRAIGHT.

Me as Harley Quinn:

I still have the tutu, but I doubt I'll use it again. I made the leggings from large, stretchy pants, and the shirt...from a larger shirt. All hand-sewn because I did not yet have a sewing machine. I still have the leggings, but I'm considering tossing them and making a new pair that fits better, is sewn better, and has neater diamonds. Also, OMG masks are hard to paint on.

With an asshole we no longer speak to (and I get into a rage when speaking of) as Two-Face, my ex as an awesome Joker, me, and a random chick that wanted a photo with us as...something.
    Journal

Thinking out loud: last therapy session, I talked about being nervous about keeping on top of working out regularly. It's very hard for me to stick with physical activities. My town has a community education program, and the Fall offerings include a few things that interest me:

-Outdoor evening bootcamp, for either 2x weekly sessions for 6 weeks ($105), or 6 Mondays or Wednesdays for $60. It's up the street from my parents house, so I could keep my yoga mat and workout clothes there and walk up after work. 6-7PM means I'd have time to get there after work, but dinner would be late.
    -Intro to Pilates, 10 Saturdays (in the AM) for $120. I don't know much about pilates, but I feel like this would be good for bodyweight stuff.
    -Barre Lower Body & Core, 10 Saturdays, $120. This one interests me most, for core and posture work. It starts 9/22 so I'd have to sign up soon. At the high school, apparently. [Damn, apparently this is filled up.]

In the future, I wonder if Boyfriend would do a dance class with me. I'm AWFUL at formal dancing, I really need individual attention to remember where to put my feet, so I don't know how well that would go, but it could be fun. I'd love to learn how to swing dance!

There's also a Can & Preserve Fruits & Veggies class in October for $35, one session, with a $15 food fee (and $5 registration fee, so it's $55 total). I don't know that I'd need a class to figure this out, but it might be nice to have some hands-on guidance.

I don't know if it's worth investing the money in something like this now, or if it'd be better to wait for the Winter schedule (November onwards), since I can still bike now. And my spare $ amount remains to be seen, since I have not needed to fill the oil tank yet.
    Journal

I probably wouldn't waste money on canning classes unless I had a garden/orchard, although it would be cool to learn. I would take formal dance lessons with the wife, for what it's worth.

I like your new avatar.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

The only thing I want to "can" right now is applesauce, anyway. My grandmother could teach me how to do it, though I've read how. I'm a very visual/hands-on learner. We'll see if I actually do this before I bother spending $ on it (aside from the apples).

Thanks! I figured I should update it, even if I end up going purple next month, since that old purple has been gone for over 3 months.
    Journal

I am definitely seeing a trend. Mood has been lower with higher frequency lately. I don't really know what to do about it. Tryptophan seemed to help for a few days, but today, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Last night, I got upset over something I read online relating to it being Worldwide Suicide Prevention Day. I gave myself some time to stew, wrote an angry response, and felt better for sticking up for myself. A friend commented on my post and agreed with me, which also made me feel better. I was feeling upset so Boyfriend's suggestion of late-night bacon and eggs was both welcome and upsetting (eating late usually means I sleep poorly, and it also means we're now out of bacon, but I ended up sleeping fine). I ate 4 slices of bacon and gorged on yogurt. Not sure if I'll make it to the weekend with what I have left, which means biking for more milk, which I should be doing anyway. Totally do-able, but the motivation is lacking. I also have a check to cash from my mom. I ALSO already failed the 21-Day challenge by deciding to have a little beer (about 1/2 a bottle) last night (Harpoon's Octoberfest). It was very tasty, but didn't leave my head feeling very good. I might not have anymore of the 6-pack. It is probably a good idea for me to not be drinking while my mood is messed up.

This morning, someone involved with the post that upset me had sent me an apology. I really appreciated them reaching out to me, but I still felt like shit. It feels like high school mornings all over again, complete with the cool Fall-ish weather. I could've easily stayed in bed for a few more hours. Everything in me wanted to stay home, but that's not an option. Lunch is pretty small, turkey and cheese (both Applegate) roll-ups and some tomatoes from my mom's garden. I meant to bring some yogurt, but maybe it's best that I hold off until after work to give my system a bit of a break from last night. I still took my morning supplements, including the 100-billion strain probiotic, no breakfast.

[Not very TMI] On the digestive issue front, I'm curious if increasing my soluble fiber intake will help a bit, since I'm getting basically no movement at all unless I use epsom salts. There are too many potential roads to take. Now is the time when a less stubborn person might see a doctor.
    -Keep taking epsom salts when it's been too long (3-5 days) and see if the probiotics will eventually (within a week) fix things/take hold (before progressing on to another option).
    -Get 5 days supply of Emergen-C to take in the evenings, to see if that works. If everything seems "normal" like that, invest in some Hydro-C and reassess later.
    -See a doctor, probably give a stool sample, and find out if my gut bacteria is dead, imbalanced, or something else, and work out a game plan.

I know I'm not okay. My mood and gut issues are probably interlinked. I just don't know what to do about it. It's very distressing to me that I can consider cutting myself after yesterday. I am feeling rather hopeless about my health issues and plummeting mood.

If Boyfriend can get the car to the dealership to get the engine and transmission oil changed this week, I might be driving up to Maine to visit Baba. I'm nervous about going on my own, but he was not interested in coming with. I guess that gives me more time to browse in one of the shops downtown, for which I have a $50 gift certificate. Maybe I can find a couple of nice pieces (sweater and pants?) or a new dress. It would also be nice to maybe take a walk in the woods on her property and take some pictures.

Tonight, I think I will at the very least make myself some applesauce. Somehow, that makes up for not exercising, maybe because it's another way of taking care of myself. And it will be a way to add some cooked fruit back into my diet, to see how that goes, since I've been itch-free for at least a week now.
    Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nameless- I'm sorry to hear about the SPD post and the drama. That was the last thing you needed on such an emotionally charged day. As to the cutting desire, I can msg or PM you my phone number, if it would help to talk to someone that's BTDT. I know that shit's scary. All the tips and tricks in the world to avoid it don't help with the desire, I know.
    My Latest Journal