Page 183 of 798 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 183

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    <TMI stuff> Persistent yeast infections, and now constipation (gas and bloating, too). A no-sugar and low-carb diet with some supplements worked well in the past to get rid of them, but I don't think I allowed my body enough time to heal before I reintroduced natural sugars (fruit) and then I started eating refined sugars (ice cream) more often, and haven't been able to get rid of this infection for at least a month now.

I've had more relief from my garlic treatment last night, will continue for a few more nights at least. Digestion is improving too, so here's hoping that continues. I'm much less bloated today than I've been for about a week now! The game plan is to continue this garlic suppository treatment, and not introduce any sugars or starches for at least two weeks. No starches at all for at least a month, but I'll try adding in a few pieces of fruit per week initially. It really felt good, eating fruit to help support my biking, so I really want to be able to eat it.

</TMI>

I broke my rule last night and ate another serving of yogurt when I got home. I was just so hungry! That's what I get for skipping meals I didn't have the motivation to bike once I was home (tired of the same route over and over, but nowhere else that's safe to go), but I did a 20 min kettlebell workout video (for core/abs). I wasn't able to follow the whole thing, but I did more than I have in the past, and I'm only slightly sore today. Another video tonight, or biking, I think.

I think in the long run, I want a job that keeps me moving more, or gets me outside. I don't know what kind of job that would be, but now that I have more energy in general (after years of constant fatigue), I've found that I have my best energy when I keep moving. Yes, I could move around more during the day at my job, but it's not the same as being required to move. I don't like to move without purpose, which is why biking is getting a bit boring to me. I like when I need to go to the grocery store, which I need to do tonight for more eggs and yogurt, actually, but just biking for distance is boring. I wish there was a way I could make my grocery trip longer, instead of getting the stuff, and then going out on a second trip to get more distance. I suppose I could just make the grocery trip, and bike for distance this weekend. That would make 3 trips this week.

Two free dinners this weekend! Friday night, we're going to my parents' house to see my aunt, who is stopping over there for the night before continuing up to Baba's in Maine. Sunday night, we're going back over for kebabs with my godfather. I'm not sure if it's technically going to be an early birthday celebration for him, so I might pick up a card to give him from me and Boyfriend.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: How to take a compliment
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Passing thoughts:
    Now that Boyfriend is doing better emotionally and he's got soccer things to keep him busy, I'm starting to feel like it's my turn to find something to do. I've got my pretty well paying job (considering my age and relatively lack of experience), and I'm not that happy with it. I'm happy that it allows me to pay my bills, all of my bills, and on time, but I am not fulfilled. I know I'm stuck with it too. Not because I have to financially support us, not anything to do with Boyfriend, but because I know I would end up unhappier if I left the job and we ended up struggling because of my decision. It's not like I dislike what I do, it's just that I'm not busy enough.

TMI Symptom stuff: Another night of garlic treatment, more improved symptoms this morning, but of course, the itchy feeling usually kicks in sometime during the morning. The white coating on the back of my tongue has even disappeared! Maybe I really am on the mend. I am wondering if the garlic treatment would be better to do during the day, but I'm wary about smelling like garlic. I think I will make a *aherm* rinse with apple cider vinegar to use once or twice to make sure I get all potential residue out. CVS has plastic syringes, right? I'm still a bit worried about the digestive side of things. I was fairly bloated yesterday, lots of activity in the lower abdomen, some gas, but nothing happened. Hoping that remedies today, then I'll know I'm on the mend. Or maybe my system is still sorting itself out. At least I am not uncomfortable with constipation, and the bloating dissipates overnight. I'm going to try not to worry about it until/unless there is discomfort, or it's been like a week without pooping.

Oh, btw, I tried some epsom salts in water a few nights ago and THAT SHIT IS DISGUSTING. It was like the stalest water you can imagine, plus essence of sour milk. I guess I'll just invest in some magnesium citrate for next month.

And the rest:

I biked 2.58 miles yesterday, to the local strip mall to get eggs and yogurt at Whole Foods, and back. That distance feels good as a warm-up, now. Do you think it's unfair for me to ask Boyfriend to get his own cheapo eggs for baking? I just got Whole Foods' eggs, nothing that fancy, but better than your average grocery store eggs, I think, and he used a few to make brownies. I was a bit frustrated because I feel like I buy these eggs specially for myself, but I guess I never communicated that feeling to him. I know he doesn't care about food quality, so I don't think he'd mind keeping his own small stash for baking (he could get 1/2 doz for every couple weeks, at the rate he bakes).

The top of my left ear has been super itchy/had a burning feeling for the past few days. I haven't been out in the sun much and it occurred several days after bleaching my hair, so I'm pretty mystified. I'm rubbing tons of coconut oil on it while I'm at work (have a stash from when I was trying to use it on my tattoo, but it never worked well for that), but it's not soothing it at all. I'm tempted to hunt down some iodine (because before it was a crazy person's solution, it was a well-known antiseptic!) to see if that helps. It has that throbbing feeling my ear had when my cartilage piercing got infected (kept playing with it after getting it pierced) and I had to use iodine to get rid of the infection. I miss that piercing. The spot of the mystery itch doesn't look strange as far as I can see, but I can't really see the spot that feels the worst, since it's in the fold of my ear, and it feels a little scaly.

Yooogggurrrttt <3 <3 <3. I've been accumulating different yogurt-making recipes on my Pinterest page and I want to try and make some. I think I'm going to try this method Food stuffs / A Year of Slow Cooking: You Can Make Yogurt in Your CrockPot! I'm tempted to try and make it tomorrow, as my yogurt consumption is going to add up quickly, but I don't want it to interfere with potential weekend activities (really, REALLY want to work on my mom's desk with my dad). If I start it in the morning, I can probably have it ready to refrigerate before I go to bed. One of the anti-yeast guides I read recommended a serving of yogurt everyday, maybe twice a day, to help get the overgrowth under control. I'm not complaining. Anyway, I keep worrying about my budgeting this month and I can't decide if I should go ahead and buy some milk to try making yogurt this weekend, or not. If I don't make it this weekend, it won't be till next weekend. Does closed milk last that long? Do I want to make plain regular yogurt, or strain it for Greek-style?

I realized yesterday that I was about to mess up my "no dairy other than yogurt" kind-of-still-doing-Whole30 rule, but then I used bacon grease to cook my eggs. Problem solved. Glad I have a huge jar of it in the fridge. I'll make more ghee this weekend. I don't see any reason to avoid butter next month, though.

I've started watching one of my guilty pleasure shows on Netflix: Charmed. Another terribly awesome show. I didn't start from the beginning because I've watched some of it before, but I can't remember how much. Some network channel had the first episode of season 3 on, so I started with that. I <3 the witchiness and it certainly didn't hurt that I watched a Hallowe'en episode last night.

I slept like a rock last night. It was awesome. I think watching TV by candlelight helped my brain wind down, as the TV is across the room, and I only watched a couple episodes. I need to see if there are more beeswax candles to pilfer from my parents. My 1" candles (maybe a bit smaller across than that) are nearly run out.

More hydrating today. I have been succeeding at drinking more water than usual for the past few days. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. It doesn't seem to be hurting any, at least.

Weekend plans: go for a longer bike trip, hopefully work on my mom's desk with my dad and/or work on the scooter with my dad. Enjoy free dinner tonight and Sunday. Try not to think about not being able to drink alcohol. We swung by their house last night so Boyfriend could fax something, and was offered a beer. I felt sad that I couldn't accept and wanted to leave because it was too frustrating. It took Boyfriend a minute to understand that I didn't want to stay so he could have a drink. I mean, yes, we would hang out, it would be nice, but I'm just too frustrated about it. Drinking is still probably at least a month out, considering the yeast issues. It's not the end of the world, but denying myself simple pleasures is just sad-making.

The afternoon sleepies/boredom have hit. Want coffee so I can have something flavorful/warm to drink. Less than 3 hrs to go.

Lance Armstrong Fans Shocked, Disappointed CBS Boston

My dad got interviewed on his way to work! He's the first guy they talk to, in the screenshot

That's pretty cool!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

My 5 seconds of fame was my sleeve visible in a quick news segment made about my 5th grade classroom when my teacher brought us cow brains to check out (she also worked in a lab, we had a LOT of class pets [mice]). I really liked the green sweater.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mine was when they came to my middle school and interviewed the more photogenic of us about the Clinton scandal. I was the kid saying that his personal life is his own business.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Guess what I'm making!

BTW, the cream left in the top of the bottle after pouring it out was DELICIOUS.