Page 180 of 873 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 8728

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 180

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good ride! Sorry about your hips.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member

Sorry for huge pictures, my monitor is big so it doesn't bother me =P I'm so happy with the shade of pink right now that I didn't wet my hair this morning in the shower. It's probably going to "bleed" (let off color when wet) for a week and it's stuck to my scalp all over.

I think I'm finally settled into the idea of growing out my hair. Now to pick a style when it's long enough...

Sleep: Had trouble falling asleep, probably too many movies yesterday, or maybe it was the chai. I wandered around the apartment and swapped bedrooms a couple of times and then slept like a rock until sometime before 7 (got up at 6:55). The evenings have been cooler and I was comfortable with the fan blowing and window open.

Food: I had chocolate last night. Not sure if that's what's causing the slight increase in itchiness today, or just my luck. Either way, no more. Had breakfast this morning, but all those lunches last week blew through our freezer supply so we need to get more meat tonight or tomorrow. Really hoping I can stock us up for the rest of my month with this trip and keep the groceries under $250 for the month.

Exercise: Random squats yesterday after my ride. Boyfriend commented that my back muscles are more defined/looking good. Yeessssss sexy back musclesssss. Not feeling like biking today. Might take it easy this week and focus more on random strength stuff. This might destroy any chance I have of biking to work by sometime this Fall, but I don't mind as long as I get more fit.

Mood/brain: Things continue to be pretty awesome in my head. Some irritability, so I think whatever is making me happy is going a little overboard, but I'll take it.

Symptoms: Gonna talk about poop for a minute, just a heads up. Before I went primal, I had issues with regularity. I usually went other day, with occasional constipation. The constipation suddenly got worse, i went to the doctor, they told me to take a laxative at night, and fiber (Metamucil) in the morning. I don't remember if it got better with that, and I don't remember if it got better when I went Primal and stopped all that (I only bothered with it for a week or two). A while back, things got blocked up again. I don't remember when. Maybe it is a lack of fiber. Maybe more fiber would help with the candida. Tempted to use psyllium husks to get things moving and see if that is the issue. I'm actually trying Metamucil again, since I already have it. It has aspartame, so it's really not a great choice, but I'm desperate and not wanting to spend more money on supplements this month. I have a follow-up appointment with the gyn on Wednesday and am going to ask for a long course (a month, at least) of Nystatin. If she won't give it to me, I will make an appointment with the doctor that mentioned it back in January.

Budget: I'm feeling really guilty about spending for myself. It's a stupid thing to feel guilty about, I know. My health is important, I guess I just don't want to have all these issues that require me to spend money to fix. I justified buying a $10 tea kettle on Amazon yesterday (free 2-day shipping) because I've been having so much tea lately and keep forgetting about the water boiling in the pot (kettle has a whistle). But I can't justify spending more money on something that might help the candida overgrowth? Scratch that, I totally could, and already have, several times this month, but nothing is fixing it so I don't want to spend more. As usual, at this time in the month, the budget appears on track, but I still need to get the scooter inspected and the month is not over yet. I think I have more in savings for oil right now than I had previously thought, but I won't know for sure until the end of the month when I rearrange my accounts (move money over to savings; I like to wait to do it so I know I'll have no less than $250 in checking at any one time between paychecks and rent etc.). Most of my loans have not been charged yet for the month, and I gave Boyfriend a check for car stuff, so it's probably not going to be as much savings as I was hoping.

Poo, now my mood is low. I also need to go to the bank tonight to try and get a charge removed from my account. I got my credit score over the weekend for $1 and somehow ended up with a charge for $31.95 for one of the credit bureaus. I read all the fine print and didn't see anything about that charge so I'm pissed. I called my local bank and they said I'd have to come in and sign stuff to have the charge removed, but Boyfriend has done it over the phone before. I called the 1-800 # and they said since it's still pending, they'd need to do a 3-way call with the credit bureau to get their merchant ID information or something like that to cancel it before it charges my account. Or I wait till tomorrow for the charge to go through and submit a claim against the charge, which would take at least 10 business days to see whether or not I could get my money back. I called Free credit Report and they said I authorized the payment (must've been a page I clicked through that look innocuous) and would only refund me $17. Seem like a lot of hassle to get the rest of the $, but I'm pissed that I let such a stupid charge happen when I'm still worried about money.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Feeling very, very tired and a bit sick. Hoping it's just from the less-than-adequate sleep, or some random carb flu, because it feels like getting sick.

I'm thinking about adding back in fruit. Raspberries are fairly low in sugar, but have fiber. Might be a nice thing to have a small serving in the evenings. Not sure what non-starchy fruits would be a good option right now.
    Journal

That's it. I can't frequent this place anymore with all this talking of itching and poo.

Farewell.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Haha. And I'm the one from the state known for its Puritans!
    Journal

I don't feel like writing in-depth about my life today.

I went to bed around 8:30 after feeling like crap all evening. It was like somebody had drugged me with sleepy pills and I was fighting it, so I gave up the fight. Then I woke up several times during the night. At some point, I really should've just gotten up early. I'm tired today, too tired to figure out how tired.

I tried a home-remedy for the yeast infection last night. It seems to have helped. I was doing more research yesterday and found a million more options that claim to be a cure for chronic yeast infections. Threelac and Fivelac stood out to me (expensive, and it may take more than 1 dose daily to get things going), they have enzymes like Candex, but also probiotics. I don't understand why Acidophilus specifically is recommended for treatment, but that is a potentially cheaper option.

Appointment tomorrow with gyn. Hope it's not a waste of $20.

I think I might ditch the Whole30 so I can start eating yogurt again and try out the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I'd like to get the book so I know what I'm doing and get more meal ideas, but it's $20 =\ Hard trying to determine where my money will be best spent, since I really don't know what's going to work for me!
    Journal

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Love the hair! I wish I had the guts to do a wonderful color like that.

I haven't read your whole journal, so I'm sorry if this has been addressed. Have you ever changed your birth control to see how that affects the yeast thing? I had chronic yeast infections (and bladder infections) from ages 16-19. Coincidentally I was also on the pill those years. I went off the pill just as a thing (as in: if men want to get laid, then let them deal with birth control), and about a year later it occurred to me that I hadn't had any plumbing probs in forever. It's a gazillion years later now and still no issues.

I'm tired also. Shall we try to catch a nap in a bit?

I'm not on any birth control anymore (we use condoms), for about a year. I'm really happy with my decision to go off them. I think they did give me yeast infections when I was in college and swapping different kinds all the time (my body adjusted to them and I'd get multiple periods in a month).
    Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    HEY! This just occurred to me. When I was battling my *eh-hem* issues after all those antibiotics, someone mentioned a vinegar and water douche... I read somewhere on the internet (NIH or WebMD or Mayo or somewheres like that) that it can help b/c the acidic pH kills the yeast. Might be worth a shot???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's probably worth a shot, and I'm sure it would work, but if I'm still having an intestinal overgrowth issue, that's only treating a symptom. I've been pretty constipated lately, so I don't know....
    Journal