Page 180 of 798 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 180

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Dallas has Reunion Tower next to a Hyatt (I think it's still a Hyatt....) Only time I was up there, the restaurant spun to give you a full view of downtown. I was pissed, because it was my Sweet 16 and snowing and the cloudcover meant I couldn't see shit.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I thought the restaurant on a stick that spun around in circles was in Seattle... goes to show I know little about restaurants on sticks...

All Iowa has is the Butter Cow. Butter Cow - Iowa State Fair

Love that nickname for it, btw.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Boyfriend has been to the restaurant at the Space Needle, I think. I want to go anyway.

2.56 to the grocery store (for butter, salt crystals for the grinder, Bragg's apple cider vinegar) and back, water break, then the rest, including quick stop at ATM for tomorrow's copay.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Jotting down for posterity: I felt GREAT today. Really happy and optimistic. I got some stupid shit done at work and didn't sweat the small stuff. I made a great dinner and gift myself the larger steak and more broccoli because Boyfriend gets the potatoes. I feel really body-positive tonight too. Even if I don't get the athletic look I've been thinking about, I'm really happy with the athletic progress I've made so far. This year, so far, has been really good to me, and I'm looking forward to the rest.

I love those days! When you just feel so good! Congrats! You deserve it.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Jotting down for posterity: I felt GREAT today. Really happy and optimistic. I got some stupid shit done at work and didn't sweat the small stuff. I made a great dinner and gift myself the larger steak and more broccoli because Boyfriend gets the potatoes. I feel really body-positive tonight too. Even if I don't get the athletic look I've been thinking about, I'm really happy with the athletic progress I've made so far. This year, so far, has been really good to me, and I'm looking forward to the rest.
    Awesome!! Keep up the good work!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Symptoms: Too pissed. Let's not go there. Also, my hips are out of alignment again. It's been a life-long issue. Ever since I can remember, my right leg has been turned out to the point that my legs seem at least 1 cm different in length. So it's a hard thing to change, since my body is used to things being that way. I need to get adjusted again, and then it should be okay for a while longer, but last night, my leg kept falling asleep and prevented ME from falling asleep. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning. So glad my copay is only $7 for chiropractic care!

Sleep: Had trouble falling asleep (stretching and some squats seemed to help my hip a bit), but slept well aside from a terrible charlie horse in the middle of the night. I was able to massage and stretch it out and fall back asleep relatively easily. I also stayed up a bit later than usual because we were in the middle of an intense segment of Supernatural episodes (now onto season 6).

Food: I threw out the rest of my nuts, they are definitely making me break out and I don't want to risk them being a factor in this persistent-yeast issue. I ate a big breakfast this morning (eggs and pork chop) and will be having lunch today (pork chop and green beans). Staying at 3 meals a day for most of the week feels best to me.

Exercise: Biking last night, plus kettlebell swings and some squats here and there. I really want to get in a kettlebell workout video this weekend. I've also been neglecting my push-up app. I've only done two days worth so far. I set 50 push-ups as my goal, since I think that was the lowest option.

Mood/brain: Still feeling pretty good! Therapy was a light-hearted sessoin and felt productive. I'm thinking about my relationship with my sister a bit.

Supplements: I added a garlic supplement to my pills. It was $10 for a 30-day pack. Yes, I'm feeling desperate. I hope it does something. It was listed under Healthy Heart Support at Whole Foods, no idea why. I also picked up a bottle of Bragg's apple cider vinegar, which I read is recommended taken in water on an empty stomach for digestive support. I actually quite like the taste, and am going to shoot for 2x daily. First dose will be with first glass of water in the morning, when I take my first dose of Candex before breakfast, and second will either be before bed when I take my second dose of Candex, or when I get home from work.

Weekend plans: Weekend weather looks iffy, but I'd like to take a look at my scooter with my dad as well as work on my mom's desk. First things first: chiropractor appointment Saturday morning (8:50! good thing I can't sleep in) and cutting Boyfriend's hair, as well as getting him to help me re-bleach and pink mine. That all leaves plenty of time to veg, or clean, or whatever. I'm looking forward to it.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Travel history
    Tons of pictures, you've been warned!

Chiro appointment was good. I have to focus on sitting straight, not crossing my legs, and sleeping on my back for the next 3 weeks. Then I'm going back to see if the adjustment needed is just as bad or any better. This is going to take a while, I fear. The first few days after an adjustment suck because my hips are moving back to the wrong position and it makes my right leg fall asleep a lot. It's a good motivator to work out, though. I just hope that helps (stretching does seem to help the circulation).

It was a rough ride. My thighs were having none of it. Glad I did it though, that makes 3x this week! It was nice to ride pre-shower and breakfast this morning, plus it was cool out. I watched Van Helsing last night and am watching Underworld today. I am milking this Fall vibe for all its worth!

Kinda bloated this weekend. Maybe it's all the coconut milk I've been drinking (in my chai). Been craving sugar a bit, but don't trust myself to just have a nibble of chocolate. I need snack foods.

Still itchy. Less yesterday, about the same today. Hoping it decreases, but not feeling hopeful.

Re-pinking my hair today. Kinda wanted to go a different color, but would take a lot more prep to try teal. Patience, patience.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good ride! Sorry about your hips.