Page 178 of 783 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 7821

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 178

Primal Fuel
    Yep, just call him CM.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    MASON makes a nice jar. You can get them at Walmart for pretty cheap. They're not big in circumference but they might work for what you're wanting to do with them. Ball Wide Mouth Quart Jars with Lids Pack - Walmart.com
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    MASON makes a nice jar. You can get them at Walmart for pretty cheap. They're not big in circumference but they might work for what you're wanting to do with them. Ball Wide Mouth Quart Jars with Lids Pack - Walmart.com
    And they double as drinking glasses.

Maybe the pint jars do... I don't see many drinking from the quart jars.

Milkawhat? that's the sign of a good down-home restaurant, quart jars of sweet tea...and hushpuppies.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    My parents have a ton of mason jars in the basement, thanks for reminding me, but they won't do for his purposes. I want something he can scoop stuff out of, they need to be bigger than that. Though that might work okay for things like salt (need to get more anyway), which you usually only need a little of at a time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Hair-owing experiences

The burn on my arm is looking better, I don't think it was bad enough to blister. I felt very self-conscious wearing a gauze pad over it after it happened. It reminded me of times I had something to hide under a bandage (funny part: the wounds were never bad enough to require gauze, I was just being dramatic, and no one saw it except me since I wore sleeves [as in long-sleeved shirts or socks with the ends cut off worn as sleeves] all the time anyway). That was Sunday, which was a bad day in general. I'm feeling much more self-conscious about my scars this season, as they seem to become more obvious with every passing year. This year, it's probably due to increased Vitamin D leading to actual slight tanning. I've tried Vitamin E oil, but treatment really needs to happen when they're fresh to make a change. I'll just have to live with them until I get more tattoos.

And I'm SERIOUSLY in the mood for Fall. It's rainy today (took the car because I can't ride the scooter without hurting the burn on my thumb, felt guilty because Boyfriend wanted to go for a haircut) and I am in SUCH A MOOD for warm and cozy things. I made some more tea, but it's really not filling the void that is craving creamy coffee or hot chocolate. NOT IN THE CARDS, BOD, SO DEAL.

It's hard remembering to use my left hand for things! I'm even using my left thumb for the space bar, which makes for slow typing. I'm not so desperate that I'll switch my mouse to the left, though. I've done that before and it was really tough.

Sleep: Tossed and turned a bit, but I'm pretty sure I got adequate sleep. I woke up before my alarm, but I'm not sure when exactly.

Food: Felt super bloated last night after dinner (pork chop and broccoli), probably because I chowed down on a ton of nuts after work. Didn't follow my own advice about portioning out the nuts into baggies. I think I'll do that for the rest of the bags tonight so that doesn't happen again. Lunch today is a steak I made this morning and green beans. I'm so tired of green beans, but I want to use them up.

Exercise: Nada. I was exhausted. Maybe some strength stuff tonight.

Mood/brain: Feeling okay so far, but it's early.

Symptoms: Slight itching. Had a flare-up yesterday. My digestive system decided to clean house this morning. Wondering if that's die-off from the second dose of Diflucan. I hope that's what it is because I want to be done worrying about this!

Sorry about the burn. I hope you feel better (in all aspects) soon.

Brain continues to be not sad or stressed today. Seems like I'm on the mend from my hormonal roller coaster of the month. As long as I keep the gauze on, the burn doesn't hurt at all! I wonder why that is. I'll take it off after work and see how it feels in the air again (reapply Neosporin too). Just realized I can't use my kettebell or bike while this hurts though, since it would rub

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sleep: Slept well, minor difficulties falling asleep, but I was excited about the future.

Food: Ate well. Almost cheated on my no-sugar restriction when I bought a small bar of organic chocolate (and now I can't even remember if it had soy lecithin in it), but I put it straight in the freezer when I got home. It's funny, I'm not even craving chocolate or sweets. I just want to EAT ALL THE THINGS. I'm not hungry, it's just this kind of "bored" feeling in my body, like eating would be an awesome activity. I had a really filling breakfast of 3 eggs over easy with a large pork chop, and will have another chop for lunch with green beans. Dinner will be steaks. I need to get more Kerrygold butter (two blocks, I think) to make more ghee because the second batch I made came out really tiny. I used paper towels to filter it because the cheese cloth, even folded over about 4 times, let a lot of milk particles through. I just don't feel like bacon grease works that well for steaks, but maybe I'm just not applying it well.

Exercise: Just doing squats and things here and there. My thumb is all better, just has a red mark on the crease that doesn't hurt at all, so I can bike and do kettlebells again. See Fitocracy link in signature for details. I don't have any way of marking down the exercise that my chiropractor told me to do, but I can feel it engaging my sides and it feels really good. It's not as challenging as other side-related exercises those video workouts have you do. Like side planks. Eeevvviiillllll. If the weather holds out, a bike ride tonight would be great!

Symptoms: Still itchy. Not feeling hopeful about the Diflucan working. I'm not sure if I should be seeing the doctor I saw earlier this year who diagnosed me with the yeast overgrowth, or the gyn, who gave me the Diflucan. I could probably get Nystatin from the doc, which seems like it would be a more efficient solution. I bet the Candex would work if I took more of it, but it's REALLY pricey. I'm thinking about getting that AZO Yeast pack from CVS. It's only about $10 and it's worked in the past for yeast infections. I just want to get this one under control, then I think I can keep doing what I'm doing to fix this for the long term.

Thinking ahead: Boyfriend has been a bit stressed with his final exam (which is tonight), but in much better spirits lately. We had a really brief conversation last night about plans for the future and it was very uplifting for me. We want to travel more after he graduates (should be just under 2 years from now), and live in different areas in the country for a couple years at a time. To make that happen, we need to save up. I told him about the David Ramsey method, so we're going to start with focusing on $1000 of savings, then 3 months work of rent on top of that, then $5k, then we'll reassess. He agreed that we can limit vacations to cheap local stuff, like driving up to Maine to see my grandmother, or if the flights are cheap, visits to my aunt in Maryland. It's nice to have a week off every year, but we can definitely do that while keeping costs low. First, before anything, is making sure we have heat for the winter. I'm not sure how we'll calculate in paying off loans (car payments should be done next year for him, but I still have $20k in student loans) and having income while moving around, but we'll figure that out later. Right now, it's just nice to have a common dream.