Page 177 of 776 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 7751

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 177

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Thanks. Feeling worse now than I did this morning. I think it's a combo of hormones and poor sleep. Nothing I can do about it except survive the day. I think I should add Vitamin C to my mental supplement list so I can finish off my iron supps. For some reason, iron sounds really appealing right now (like chowing down on some red meat) so I'm a little worried I'm getting kind of anemic with my periods being so heavy for the first few days.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I take a vitamin C and a StressB+iron every day in my arsenal of vitamins.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I haven't heard of that brand before, but it looks good. Perhaps I'll check it out in the future. It sucks trying to keep my supplement spending low so I don't spend too much, while also NEEDING to spend in order to be healthy! At least I already have the ferritin chelate, just need some C, I'm sure I can get some for cheap somewhere.

I buy generic grocery store brand. The stress B says "compare to StressTab+Iron" on it. They're Hy-Vee brand. The only nationally known brand I have is my cod liver oil (Nature Made) because the Hy-Vee brand has soy in it.

Here's hoping I can keep topping my farthest distance.

Listening to Owl City this morning. This Autumn-vibe I keep getting is driving me nuts! I just want to cozy up in sweaters with warm drinks. I'm having more of my decaf ginger peach tea today at work, it's the best I can do.

Sleep: Fucking awful. We ate late. I don't think I fell asleep until 2AM or after, but at least I know I had 5 solid hours since I did not wake up whenever Boyfriend came to bed.

Food: We ate around 9:30. Remind me not to let us run out of food again, NO MATTER WHAT. Eating late fucks me over so badly. I could slay for some coffee (with coconut milk, I bet that'd be delicious) right now. I used nuts and exercise to tide myself over last night while waiting to go food shopping, worked pretty well. Fasting through lunch today, but I have nuts if things get hairy at the end of the day. No energy to make lunch.

Exercise: I think I'll do a kettlebell or bodyweight workout video tonight. I want to make sure I don't neglect my upper half with all this biking. I'm happy that I'm making distance progress on my bike, but a little confused that my legs are rarely very sore. There's lots of burning and struggling and pushing myself to make the trip every time I go out (except for the short trips to the local strip mall), so where's the DOMS? Am I doing anything to my legs? I want sexy calves! Honestly, I'd rather go biking tonight, but like I said, I don't want to neglect the strength stuff. My arms are a lot squishier than they used to be. I guess it's muscle, since I don't appear to be gaining any fat (all period-bloat is gone, I'm pretty sure), but I don't feel like there's much to show for when I flex. These size 4 pants are DEFINITELY tighter than they used to be. This is a good thing. It MUST be muscle. Oh, I also must remember to do this exercise that my chiropractor told me to do. You go down into a plank, but space your feet about hips-width apart, move your arms out a little bit, then walk up a little so you aren't engaging your core as much. Then pull your hand up to your side, pushing your elbow up and back, while keeping your body as stable as possible. I guess it helps reinforce stabilizing muscles. I'm sure more balance-oriented exercises would be good for this too. Makes me miss ballet.

Mood/brain: I did some re-reading of amino acid supplementation and am trying out Tryptophan in the morning today. There are a lot of things bothering me outside of the normal worries, but they are bothering me more than I think they would if I wasn't feeling all hormonal and extra emotional. I don't want to talk about any of it with Boyfriend until I'm feeling more level-headed, otherwise it's bound to just be an explosive argument. I can't handle one of those right now. One of the things that's bothering me is that he wants to have a party next month with our friends. I really don't want to because I'd rather invest in a big Halloween party instead (last year's was really fun), next month I'll still be on a fairly strict diet (hopefully minimal carbs at that point), but I probably won't be able to drink yet. I don't want to do anything to compromise my recovery (I don't even want to LOOK at wheat) until November, honestly. I think he is getting caught up in being school-free (soon...kind of... he still has that Lit course to make up this Fall) and looking forward to soccer and trying too hard to forget about all the things that make a party not appealing to me. And then there's the whole he-said-he-wouldn't-drink-but-keeps-drinking-occasionally thing.

Supplements: Took my second Diflucan this morning. I had some itchiness last night out of the blue, which was really infuriating, but it's gone now. I really hope this second dose wipes shit out so I can keep on with my gut recovery. I think the Tryptophan helped this morning, I'm feeling less gloom and doom already, but I wish I'd remembered to bring it with me to work (my memory has been awful lately, probably related to the stress/hormones, keep forgetting my helmet when I start to leave work) so I could take more mid-morning if I feel like I need it. There's always tomorrow.

Sorry for all the yucky stuff today. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm feeling better as the day goes on (except for this goddamn itching that keeps coming and going!), even just a matter of one hour is making a difference. Wonder if it's the Tryptophan I took. I thought of a great Christmas gift for Boyfriend: jars for baking supplies. I'd like to get glass ones with rings around the tops so they seal and definitely keep out bugs (so far, no problems with that, and he just rolls the top down on the bag of flour and pushes it against the pantry wall, but it was a huge problem at my parents' house so I'm paranoid). I think it'd look nice, and be easier for him to do his baking. I don't really want to encourage it, but it's a fairly cheap hobby and it makes him happy, and that's still what I'm most concerned about when it comes to him. It's his health to destroy, not mine. And anyway, if he ever does lay off the wheat/sugar, I can put nuts or homemade no-grain granola in them Maybe I'll try to find a larger set so I can use some for myself. I wish gluten-free flours didn't have to be refrigerated!

I'm glad I thought of this now, but the holidays are still a ways off, because most of the nice sets I've finding are pretty pricey!

Of course baking makes Cookie Monster happy; I don't recall a bakery on Sesame Street.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Am I going to have to change his MDA nickname?