Page 176 of 776 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 176

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd let someone else change the brakes b/c, well, brakes are pretty stinking important, but I'd probably change the spark plugs myself... save yourself $70 in labor there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah, that's a good point. I wonder if it would be cheaper to bring it in just for the brakes and a carb clean (because it probably needs that).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It should easily cut half an hour off your labor cost... unless they don't charge for partial hours. If they don't charge partial hours (some garages don't) then I would just do the brakes and leave the carb alone. Personally...

But then again, my husband is capable of doing all of that stuff, so we don't send our cars to the garage much - unless something's going on that he can't diagnose or fix himself. That's one of the few pluses of having a husband who has driven and maintained a race car for 15 years...

I'm pretty sure the carb is an issue because the scooter stalls out a LOT. Cold starts suck. It's gotten progressively worse since I got this thing over a year ago. At the very least, the idle needs to be raised, and I don't want to mess with that (so much easier on my Bug, the engine was completely exposed, though admittedly, the plastic is easy to remove on the scooter). It's going to get worse as it gets cooler, and it's the reason why my rear brake is completely worn out (holding it while I start the scooter up again, sometimes on hills).

Okay my dad is awesome and when I whined about the scooter on Facebook, he was all, "Save your money! Let's look at it together." I hate dealing with carburetors, so many little pieces to lose, but it would be great to have help. And the scooter really is a breeze to disassemble down to the engine. But first, we really need to work on my mom's desk!

Glad you have other options. Brad recently took the carb out of our boat motor b/c it kept stalling all the time. There was a ton of gunk in it and now it runs like a dream - but is still too small for our needs, so he still wants to sell it and get a bigger one. Dang! lol

But do you really need a boat with the debt problems you have? I wish I had shit to sell. I wish I could craft well enough to sell things I make! I'm a terrible sewer, but I love to do it anyway. I would never sell my crap to anyone, I did before and felt really guilty when it fell apart (a messenger bag made of jeans, they probably carried a lot of stuff in it though, and it wasn't the stitching, but the d-ring that fell apart).

Doc gave me Diflucan. Two doses. I know it can take a few days to work, but I wish it would work now. Of course, being yeast-symptom-free is going to make it THAT MUCH HARDER to avoid carbs. I'm dying for an orange right now.

To and from the local mall. I bought some sexy athletic pants for $15. I figured it was a worthy investment. They even have decent pockets!

This does not do justice to how amazing my legs look in these pants. They're a bit snug, but I like that they will prevent the backs of my knees from sticking when I get all sweaty whilst biking.

I'm REALLY craving something cereal-like. If I got Trader Joe's light coconut milk and chilled it, I could use that as milk because it would stay fairly liquid. But all the paleo cereal/granola stuff takes a lot of effort. A lot of my paleo cooking experiments would be made possible by the ownership of a damn food processor!

Sunday recap: I was WIPED yesterday with the arrival of my period. I felt incredibly worn out and ended up lying down for an hour (but don't think I slept). My dad came by in the afternoon to jump-start the car (we had left the lights on after checking out and kicking out a frog that had somehow made it in there Saturday night) and when he was leaving, he said, "You are so grown-up, Tash." It made me smile. It was odd to realize that I'm the first kid out of the nest, for real, not just away at college.

This weekend, I'd like to have Boyfriend help touch up my roots and re-pink. Hopefully, we can go to the glasses place and get him new lenses since he got a new prescription last week. I'd like to work on my mom's desk and work on my scooter with my dad. I hope the weather and my energy levels hold up! Boyfriend and I had a nice time spending a little time together on Saturday going to the chiropractor. I'd like to do something like that again, except without spending money. Boston Phoenix - Local News, Events, Music, Restaurants, Reviews, Arts and Entertainment has lots of events, though I've never utilized it in the past. Maybe I can find something interesting for us to check out. I can't figure out the site, might have to pick up a free copy at the T (subway). The weekend is just never enough time to live in.

Sleep: Boyfriend sent me to bed early last night, around 9:30. Took me a while to fall asleep, then I woke up a few times during the night. That's usually how it goes on the first night of my period.

Food: Had a little honey on Saturday, feeling so fed up with my food options, then went for a bike ride. The hungry feeling finally went away after that and I did not spend any $ on food I didn't need. I bought some nuts yesterday and am trying to make those last. I have a little baggie to eat with my burger patty for lunch today. Yes, that's all we had and it fucking sucks.

Exercise: Short biking session Saturday night, a few kettlebell swings here and there. Probably will bike tonight in my awesome new athletic pants. I hope they're everything I hoped they would be and more. Still need a good shirt. Either I've been slightly bloated lately or I'm gaining muscle because I feel like all my size 6 pants are getting a bit more comfy instead of too loose. I hope it's muscle! Maybe it's just the dryer =P

Mood/brain: I felt AWFUL yesterday. Last week just kept adding up and up to a terrible mood. I caved last night and took Tryptophan and felt better this morning, but I'm still feeling really sensitive. Maybe I should just wait this out. My body just cannot seem to survive the hormonal shift that goes on when my period arrives. I've never had my hormones looked at in-depth, but I think I'd like to. At this point, I'm more interested in seeing an ENT to see if there's anything else going on with my allergies and post-nasal drip, though. Either way, I'm not going to see anymore doctors for now if I can help it.

Supplements: I've been really on track with everything lately. Magnesium keeps coming up on my radar and I'm wondering if that would be beneficial for my hormonal issues. CVS only had Magnesium Oxide, I'm looking for Citrate. Hopefully I can start some of that for next cycle and fingers-crossed that I see a change. I took my first dose of Diflucan on Saturday, next dose will be on Tuesday. The doctor wants me to come back next week, after my period is over, to re-check and see if there's still yeast. I hope that, staying super strict with the Whole30 and no sugar, will mean that it stays away and I can continue on my merry way of improving my gut health.

Budget: I despaired about everything yesterday. I was happy to realize, however, that I was unusually stressed about this stuff, and told Boyfriend as much. Boyfriend checked his budget and it seems like we will not be able to split groceries afterall. I was especially exasperated about this yesterday because we went out for groceries at Stop and Shop and only got enough for one dinner, thinking I could send him for the rest today. So now we have nothing for dinner and it will be pretty late before traffic lightens up enough to go get things. I hate eating late and all I have is nuts to tide me over. Fucking fuckity fuck.

Money sucks. Nothing to add except that... I hope you feel better (physically and mentally) soon.