Page 173 of 751 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 173

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Chronic yeast infections, for one! Also I was tested and it showed up in my bloodwork or urine (I don't know which) as having a higher count of candida ablicans than I normally should (test was from back in November I think). I had a bunch of yeast infections in college and they've been flaring up again periodically since I started Primal, pretty much. I'm pretty sure that's a coincidence though. Also, "white fuzz" on the tongue (esp. back area) is a common sign, as well as sensitivity to sugar (acne breakouts, fatigue, skin rashes). I have all of the above.

If I'd stuck with my low-carb and no-sugar dealie from earlier this year, I might've beaten it, but I started adding things back in and now it's pretty bad again. I'm upping the Candex and cutting fruit and trying to decide what on earth to do to beat this thing
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    i know this goes against all things Primal, but what about a couple of doses of Diflucan? Maybe that can kill it off so that you can go about your business of preventing it in the future?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm afraid that it will be a waste to do so, but thinking that is probably the best option at this point. At least it's a cheap prescription. I'll try it if it means I can keep light-carb instead of low-carb and then continue as usual. I'm going to message my gyn to see if I need to go in or if she'll fax a prescription for me (doubtful, but that's be sweet if she did, I've seen her many times before for yeast infections).

I think after my Whole30, I'm going to reintroduce yogurt and monitor. If it goes okay, I will make it a regular part of my diet for the probiotics. I'd still like to make Kombucha, but am really nervous about it. Whole Foods has a kit including a nice jar, I'm curious if that might be a good starter option for me.

I didn't take allergy meds today. I'm feeling stuffy, sneezing a lot, and totally worn out (though sleeping like crap will do that to you too. I think I woke up around 6 AM). I must must must go biking tonight! Dinner depends on it! I know I'll enjoy it once I'm out there. I wish I could leave work already, feeling so crummy. I think I'll go for a stroll around the parking lot after my 3pm appointment. I can't think of anything else to waste time doing while I'm here and my phone is going to die soon so I can't play games on it.

have you tried a probiotic in capsule form yet? I got some Jarra-dophilus from the health food store that helped me combat my 'antibiotic overgrowth' pretty quickly. Plus, yogurt has lots of sugar in it, and if sugar is a culprit for your growth, it might be a good idea to avoid it? Just an idea. Sorry if you've already gone that route and my suggestions are a day late and a dollar short...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I second the probiotic capsules... find one with lots of strains... I think mine has 10.
    But I also use yogurt.
    And I've had problems with getting yeast infections easily/regularly in the past.
    I haven't had one in several years, even after taking antibiotics which used to be an absolute guarantee of a flare up.
    When I take antibiotics I double up on the probios and eat yogurt every single day. Like 1/2 cup twice a day.
    Plain greek yogurt like Cabot 10% has 7gms of sugar per cup... it's natural sugar occurring in the milk, not added.
    I also make raw milk yogurt at home, but I use the Cabot in a pinch when I run out of yogurt and I'm waiting to get extra raw for making it again.
    If I'm having tummy troubles I sometimes warm a cup of raw milk with a spoon of honey in it to about 100-105 degrees and break a probiotic capsule into it and let it be nice and warm(in closed jar in a hot water bath) a while before drinking it. Not enough time to go lactic, but enough time to wake up and get happy and maybe multiply a little bit. I wash down another probiotic cap with the milk

I have no experience with kombucha for probios/yeast issues... but I do know that it can be pretty sugary stuff sometimes as well. And that is added sugar.
    I just hate the taste of the stuff... that's why I don't mess with it.
    Kefir is in the same boat for me... *shrug*
    Strange that I actually LIKE cultured buttermilk, and haven't found kefir that I like yet. Maybe I need to try it out at home... I make the best yogurt, maybe kefir will work the same?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

My probiotic has 10 strains, guaranteed that 40 billion of them are alive. I'll find it and link it for you...

I think it's this one... Jarrow Formulas : Ultra Jarro-Dophilus

Yeah, I've tried probiotics. I took a really strong one for a couple of months earlier this year. I don't know if it helped the yeast, I can't remember anymore, but it's expensive and I haven't been able to find another that strong. Yeast is such a strange beast, there are so many different accounts and what will and won't help. Despite the sugar, yogurt (as long as there's nothing extra/flavoring) is supposed to be a-okay. When the Whole30 is over, maybe I'll add that back, but no fruit just yet, or very minimal SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) approved fruit.

I need to stop fucking around. Okay, I'm placing an order for a fresh batch of this probiotic. It's going to be costly to fix this whole mess (going to switch to this after Candex runs out, same thing but cheaper), but I need to be better The plan is no fruit for at least the rest of the month, if not longer. Will take Candex until it runs out, then switch to YST management. Will take the good probiotic 2x daily as soon as it comes in. Will take Diflucan if I can get it from the doc, and might break Whole30 to eat yogurt (or I'll get coconut yogurt) if I do.

Wish me luck

I guess I am feeling more anxious than I'd like to admit, but I don't want to take anything in case it passes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I guess I am feeling more anxious than I'd like to admit, but I don't want to take anything in case it passes.
    I feel you.
    My OCD picking has been at a fever pitch all week... (I didn't even notice it until the last couple of days, but I've been at it!)
    I'm trying to break it and chill now...
    Easier said than done.
    But... ya gotta breathe deep and give it the effort.
    {{{hugs}}}
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.