Page 172 of 798 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 172

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    The soreness sounds like it is in the serratus anterior muscles. They originate at the ribs where you indicated and insert on the scapulae (shoulder blades). They help to prevent scapular winging therefore keeping proper articulation of the shoulder blade with the trunk. So, I think you're getting stronger Do you perform any kind of pulling exercises? In terms of food and the weekend mine sounds like yours. I overate yesterday and also stayed up too late.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    This is where I always hurt when doing pushups.

Question about your 5-htp. what is it for? I know you take it for depression, but is it for acute depressive episodes or chronic? I noticed that in the last couple of weeks, I've been bitchy at best and was wondering if it was just sugar withdrawal or if a supplement that I could take occasionally could help.
    I've used Tryptophan with success for episodes, but in the past, I used it for chronic depression. I'm thinking of using 5-HTP instead because lately, Tryptophan makes me feel better, and then worse, making me feel like it's too much. I think the ratio is 100 to 500 mg, 5-HTP to L-Tryptophan. My Tryptophan capsules are 500mg, so I'll try 1 capsules of 5-HTP (I think I have those at 50mg). I have to be really careful and watchful of my moods so I don't overdose (like dosing several days in a row) now, whereas I used to be able to take it every day!

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    Thanks for getting me on Fitocracay >.<
    I've done some ridiculous workouts just to complete 'quests' and I'm sure I'll do a lot more weird things just to get those achievements and badges and stuff. *sigh* I blame you.
    Hahah you're welcome! Yeah, I definitely did more push-ups on the weekend because of that site...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    The soreness sounds like it is in the serratus anterior muscles. They originate at the ribs where you indicated and insert on the scapulae (shoulder blades). They help to prevent scapular winging therefore keeping proper articulation of the shoulder blade with the trunk. So, I think you're getting stronger Do you perform any kind of pulling exercises? In terms of food and the weekend mine sounds like yours. I overate yesterday and also stayed up too late.
    I've also noticed that my shoulder blades feel uncomfortable, like there's something stuck under one of them, unless I keep them pulled back and down (good posture, basically). I'm going for a chiropractic adjustment this Saturday, so that will probably help ensure that my muscle growth is putting things in the right place.

I have no been doing any kind of pulling. I should start trying to do some broom handle pull-ups (broom between two chairs, I hope it holds me!). Boyfriend has some elastic bands that his physical therapist gave him to put in doorways and stuff, but I don't know how helpful those would be/what to do with them.

I think my leftover chicken (from late last week, I think) went bad. I feel a bit sick.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think my leftover chicken (from late last week, I think) went bad. I feel a bit sick.
    Quite possibly... leftovers are only good for 4-7 days, closer to 4.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Damn. I stretch them more than I should. Feeling okay now, glad I listened to my gut and stopped eating!

I am too tired to bike tonight, but I think I will tomorrow, with the plan being to

BUY

FRESH

VEGGIES!!!!

I want to make curry this week And roasted asparagus. I'm excited! I might even try to make cauliflower rice. I'm also going to get a spaghetti squash (if they're available) and some good pasta sauce. We already have the ground beef for either meatballs or meaty sauce. Boyfriend can have regular pasta (he doesn't like the squash), which we fortunately already own.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if your chiropractor does any soft tissue work (e.g., massage) before adjustments but it can help. Warm muscles are more pliable and more accepting to change.

You inspired me to do push-ups today. Tough.

If you're worried about the broom not holding, do you have a mop to add to the load-bearing? It will be a bit tougher to grip but you'll spread out the load. A wider grip would put less stress on the broom as well (i.e., holding closer to the point of contact with the chairs).

Also, elastic bands can be really helpful especially for shoulder health. If I had some I might even use them every day just to warm my shoulders up and always before exercise to make sure the stabilizing muscles of the rotator cuff are ready for work. I'd just use them for a light warm-up. 2-3 sets of 10. I'm sure your guy could walk you through them.

External rotation: Let the free hand side of your body face the band's attachment point. Start with little to no resistance from belly button gripping the band (arm should be about a 90 degree angle = L) and using your elbow in your side as the pivot point pull against the resistance in an arc or semi-circle.

Internal rotation: Reverse the action of E.R. above. Gripping hand side of body now faces attachment point.

Scaption: Attachment point will be best near the ground. Free hand side of body faces attachment point. Gripping hand holds the band with resistance at opposite hip. With a straight arm or slight bend in the elbow imagine drawing a sword but with your thumb pointing forward or up. You'll end in a position that has your hand above your head. Think 'fist in the air' or a big thumbs up.

The movements can be made as tough or as light/easy as you want depending on how close or far away from the point of attachment you hold the band. You can also double up a band to make it tougher. But like I said, using it as a light warm-up will be good.

Gah, that's a lot. If you feel like I'm pooping in your journal feel free to ask me to shorten stuff next time I hope this helps and gives you some good ideas.

My chiro usually has us lay with warm towels and hot water bottles (I think he has an electric pad now, but the hot water bottles are just so old school and awesome) before anything, then uses a big massager.

I appreciate the strength-training poop. It's helpful poop.

Sleep: I failed at staying off the computer. I was too tired for biking, so I spent my evening playing Skyrim. Now I'm kind of bored with it (nearly finished the new DLC, did not take me 20 hrs, but I play fast and I've finished all the other quests in the game that I've been able to find). I tossed and turned for a while, don't remember if I was out when Boyfriend came to bed or not. Tonight, I might watch Boyfriend and a friend play video games after dinner (which I'm making and will be more involved than usual, so it will take up more of my time) so that should keep me occupied and not super close to the screen, at least.

Food: I'm feeling really frustrated with this yeast overgrowth. It's seeming more and more like I won't see any progress until/unless I cut out carbs for at least 2-3 weeks, and then add specific ones back in very slowly. Everything was okay until I started eating more fruit, which has been great for my energy and everything, but not for the yeast. I'm so sick of this. I just keep hoping there's a way I can do this without cutting out carbs, because surviving off of low-carb veggies (basically, nothing starchy, I don't know if squash would be out too), protein, and fat would be really boring and not filling for me at all. I've done it before, but I had sweet potatoes and that made the difference for me. I wonder if coconut yogurt (for the probiotics) would be okay. GAWD. I I also keep wondering if I can mix and match components of GAPS and SCD to make this work. I just want to be better.

In other food news... Tonight, I'm making meatballs and spaghetti squash with red sauce. I'll make regular spaghetti for picky-Boyfriend. I want to make Paleo chicken curry this week (not Indian..so what does that make it? Thai?). I can't find a recipe that looks good. I want it to include bell peppers and cauliflower. Is that a weird mix? Any suggestions?

Exercise: Hoping to bike to the grocery store tonight, with grocery list and backpack in tow. I hope I can fit everything in there! I also hope they have spaghetti squash or I will hope they have kelp noodles (doubtful).

Mood/brain: As it turns out, I have no 5-HTP, but I'm feeling pretty okay. I'm going to go without any amino acid support this week and see how that goes for my PMS-week. I guess I'm a little anxious, but nothing outrageous. If this passes by next week, I know it's just a PMS thing and something else will have to be done to help/fix that.

Blagh. So frustrated with this yeast nonsense. Whyyy meeeeeee

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How do you know you have a yeast problem? I keep hearing you speak of it but don't know the signs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)