Page 171 of 768 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 7671

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 171

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's right, stroke the ego

I think I'll try holding a lowered plank as well as doing wide-arm push-ups as part of my body weight routines. Perhaps we'll see progression, perhaps not. I will let you all know either way!

Thanks to Kakes and WLB, I thought of an awesome winter date idea for this year, since it's my turn again: rock climbing! Boyfriend loves it and there are a few gyms around here. If I save up some PTO and we plan ahead, we could go in the morning for a discount and have a date day. Our past dates have been fancy, but this would be good motivation for both of us to get/stay in shape, plus I'm sure he'd have a blast. I've never been rock climbing so I'll have to take the intro course thing and pass the belay test. If we do a cheaper dinner, the whole day should be much cheaper than our past dates!

First winter date:

(So sad it came out blurry) Started off with dinner in Boston at one of our now-favorite places, then horse-drawn carriage ride (pictured), taking us to a Celtic Christmas Sojourn live concert.

Second winter date:

Same thing as the year prior, but we were falling asleep during the concert so we bailed and had ice cream in bed Boyfriend's invisible eyebrows did not make an appearance in this photo, but it's okay because my Cleopatra-haircut is pretty awful.

And last year was a flop because Boyfriend's busted shoulder was hurting too badly to stick it out through The Nutcracker (my idea) and dinner in Harvard Square. I made bacon-wrapped scallops as appetizers and they were awesome (they were practically a meal on their own). The dress I wore may make an appearance at my friend's wedding this October, unless I wear the one I'm reconstructing now. We didn't take any photos.

Kind of early to think about Winter, but I like to plan ahead
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Hooray! We love being inspirational! Sounds like some good dates there... and Rock Climbing sounds good too (and frankly more primal... which isn't always a good thing, but it CAN be!)

Planks and any pushup you CAN do will be good for progression. Keep it up! You're doing fantastic!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

A bit sore today from various planks and push-ups yesterday. That's good!

2.6 miles to and from local mall for more raw local honey (Whole Foods), then 5 miles out and back on the local bike trail. I've taken to biking through the big intersections when the traffic aligns just right (I don't have to wait for an opening). It's much faster than walking my bike through the crosswalks. There's a $20 fine for riding on sidewalks in my town.

Anyway, I feel worn in a very good way! I'm going out to swim/lay in my parents pool now. Maybe I'll get some free dinner too =P

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    You've reminded me that I need honey.
    I don't use it a lot, so I've been close to 'out' for a while now...
    The issue is that I don't really like the local honey from my own county as it's very heavy on the orange blossom with all the groves around us even if I buy 'wildflower'.
    A few years ago I found a place on the gulf coast that sells a very dark honey, based mostly on wild trees and the wild plants on the salt marsh flats. Delicious!
    I used to get it when were were over there with our kayaks for the day.
    When the man (I spoke to him once) had honey available there was just an honor box on a table with half gallon jugs of the raw honey. $10 per half gallon.
    It's on a back road in a very small coastal town... I can't imagine an honor box still working in a larger area.

Wondering if I should bug husband to drive all the way there just for honey... or be patient and wait until after my surgery and see if we are going to manage to get over there with our kayaks to fish this fall.
    I really hope the guy is still selling.

The pool sounds like an excellent idea... and the free dinner doesn't sound bad either!
    (Because I have NO idea what is for dinner at my house. LOL )
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I hope your honey dealer works out Free dinner was delicious (Kobe beef burger, sweet potato fries, fresh coleslaw made with oil and vinegar instead of mayo or whatever is usually used).

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Keeping fit, on the weekend!

Is Dawnguard worth it?? I still haven't beat the main vanilla quest!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

I beat the main quest a while back. I think I've done every damn Skyrim quest, except one that I messed up being able to do, to get all of the Daedric artifacts. Finishing the main quest messes that up (I use Steam, which has achievements for the game). So far, I like Dawnguard. It adds enough to the regular world to make it interesting beyond its own main quest line, however I think more side quests would be good. Supposedly there's 20 hrs of game play added, but I"m pretty sure I'll beat it in less than that.

Weekend recap: Aside from epic biking on Saturday, it was a pretty lazy weekend. Yesterday, I did basically nothing and it was great, though I'm still struggling with occupying myself without resorting to using the computer.

Sleep: Had a hard time falling asleep last night. I think it was too much screen time, especially late in the day, that screwed me over. I've noticed that Sunday nights have been harder for me lately. I wonder if a low dose of 5-HTP would help, because a full dose of Tryptophan seems to be too much.

Food: I ate a lot of fruit over the weekend and enjoyed every bit of it. Still staying true to my Whole30, except for the sweet potato fries at my parents house (allowed on Whole30, but I'm choosing to cut starches). I ate a lot yesterday, not sure what that was about. Just didn't feel satisifed. I over-ate, ultimately, because I made "banana ice cream" (it was good, but I'll only use 1 banana in the future) and felt like it was too much. That might have something to do with my sleep problem as well. I started today off with a leftover lean burger patty (ugh 93/7 makes awful burgers) and 3 eggs over easy in ghee. Feels good in my tummeh. I actually want to skip lunch because I'm so tired of boring old chicken breast, but that's most of what we have in the freezer

Exercise: Biking on Saturday, nothing at all yesterday. I have some soreness on the sides of my ribs (higher up, close to just below my armpits) that I think is from push-ups or planks. I intend to bike tonight, but we'll see. I seem to have lost my iPod armband so I'll have to figure out another way to carry it with me.

Mood/Brain: I'm in PMS-week, so I'm being extra wary about my moods and how I use any supplements. I have been feeling more anxious the past few days and I'm not sure if it's something to do with the higher carb load/fruit in my diet (seems odd, but who knows), or just hormones. I'm hesitant to take anything. I may try a low dose of 5-HTP, but first will be Tyrosine, tomorrow.

Budget: So I splurged a bit already this month buying the Skyrim DLC for myself. There are two more games coming out next month (WoW expansion and Borderlands 2) that I want to get, and a book release as well. I am trying to determine where I can afford to splurge, since this will be the only splurge I get for the rest of the month. Games, why you so expensive? I think, since Boyfriend and I are splitting groceries this month (and probably next), I might splurge a little and get some "extra" food (aka. different veggies!!! I'm dying for roasted asparagus). I should get me one of those cooler re-usable bags so I can bring cold stuff home from the grocery store via bike.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: What’s in front of me these days

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Exercise: Biking on Saturday, nothing at all yesterday. I have some soreness on the sides of my ribs (higher up, close to just below my armpits) that I think is from push-ups or planks. I intend to bike tonight, but we'll see. I seem to have lost my iPod armband so I'll have to figure out another way to carry it with me.
    This is where I always hurt when doing pushups.

Question about your 5-htp. what is it for? I know you take it for depression, but is it for acute depressive episodes or chronic? I noticed that in the last couple of weeks, I've been bitchy at best and was wondering if it was just sugar withdrawal or if a supplement that I could take occasionally could help.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks for getting me on Fitocracay >.<
    I've done some ridiculous workouts just to complete 'quests' and I'm sure I'll do a lot more weird things just to get those achievements and badges and stuff. *sigh* I blame you.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy